Games of chance

Just saw a announcement while logging in.

"Second life bomb games and Games of chance of any kind are not allowed"

Does this include unpaid games of chance e.g setting up a guest bumper then rolling a dice to decide winner. Or any of the other variations such as putting up a sign inside glass then having people hit it before opening glass for people to see winner.

Or is it just paid stuff that is not allowed?

Comments

• Well it's about time multiple life bomb games are not allowed
  • Stevenlol said:

Well it's about time multiple life bomb games are not allowed

Agreed. Doesn't answer the question though. If I can't even hold a unpaid raffle then eh. No fair way to do a giveaway. It would either be give stuff to everyone, Or only the person with the quickest eye, And fastest loading time will win. Which I wouldn't do.

So if that is the new rule I probably won't be hosting any giveaways.
  • Pandorite said:

Stevenlol said:

Agreed. Doesn't answer the question though. If I can't even hold a unpaid raffle then eh. No fair way to do a giveaway. It would either be give stuff to everyone, Or only the person with the quickest eye, And fastest loading time will win. Which I wouldn't do.

Of course giveaways are excluded from this new rule, as long as no payment is needed
  • Stevenlol said:

Pandorite said:

Stevenlol said:

Of course giveaways are excluded from this new rule, as long as no payment is needed
    It says "games of chance of any kind." See OP
  • Pandorite said:

Stevenlol said:

Pandorite said:

Stevenlol said:

It says "games of chance of any kind." See OP
    ... No payment = No scams, giveaways should be excluded
    @Horus ?
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    It shouldn't be a problem, only if someone is required to pay for the game.
  • It shouldn't be a problem, only if someone is required to pay for the game.

I would hope so.
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    I don't understand the "second life bomb games" ban tbh ._.
    Bomb games involve skill, and if you have the skill, you'd never have to buy the second life. In my opinion, if people don't have to pay to participate, it should be allowed.
  • Again these are opinions. I'd like to hear from a mod/admin because of the wording. "all games of chance." it doesn't say paid games of chance.

I don't understand the "second life bomb games" ban tbh ._.
    Bomb games involve skill, and if you have the skill, you'd never have to buy the second life. In my opinion, if people don't have to pay to participate, it should be allowed.

Bomb games without a second life are still allowed. The issue with second life was it would get set up with a good prize. People keep paying for second life because they wanna win.

One I saw in scam reports said 3-4 People each spent 5-10k because love balloon was the prize. Then the owner simply logged out without giving the prize to anyone.

It's sad but the few scammers ruin it for everyone else. Me and a friend wanted to charge tickets for a raffle (enough to compensate at least a small portion of the prizes value.) This was a about a week after I joined cc. A few days after he joined. We got informed that charging was against the rules. Which is kinda a bummer

Our plan was drop 10k or so on prizes. Once gone we would spend the money from selling tickets to buy more prizes. Mitigate some loss while advertising Our shop. (trust me we didn't need to scam for c. Between us we had spent around $400 on c) it was a legitament raffle with no ill intentions.

And the worst part. 9/10 if I really want/need a item. My friends are more then happy to give it to me. Because I wouldn't screw them over. I do the same for them.

TLDR: It's sad scammers don't realize having friends > Making a quick buck.
  • SepailSepail Member
    edited May 2017
    Trying host any games including payment of qbees are not allowed. This "second chanse" doesnt ensure that owner is honest, doesnt ensure victory of qbee who payed and making profit to owner for nothing. Also,remember about co-owners in bomb games.
    Pandorite said:

Does this include unpaid games of chance e.g setting up a guest bumper then rolling a dice to decide winner. Or any of the other variations such as putting up a sign inside glass then having people hit it before opening glass for people to see winner.

Without paying money to owner for any participate or part of participate - allowed. If the event doesn't include money or any stuff. I guess.

Read here: http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/9499/malicious-player-made-games-now-prohibited#latest
  • Sepail said:

Trying host any games including payment of qbees are not allowed. This "second chanse" doesnt ensure that owner is honest, doesnt ensure victory of qbee who payed and making profit to owner for nothing. Also,remember about co-owners in bomb games.

Pandorite said:

Without paying money to owner for any participate or part of participate - allowed. If the event doesn't include money or any stuff. I guess.

Read here: http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/9499/malicious-player-made-games-now-prohibited#latest
    Please see opening post. The current announcement says "all games of chance." there is a old post that says second chance bomb games are fine that however is no longer the case. I would simply like to verify
  • SepailSepail Member
    Pandorite said:

Sepail said:

Pandorite said:

Please see opening post. The current announcement says "all games of chance." there is a old post that says second chance bomb games are fine that however is no longer the case. I would simply like to verify
    Who created old post? Can i have a link? Bomb games became unlegal since Horus posted rule about any "payments for games" but qbees were keeping upset. Now this rule got spread and mods trying to watch for bomb games.
  • PandoritePandorite Member
    edited May 2017
    Sepail said:

Pandorite said:

Sepail said:

Pandorite said:

Who created old post? Can i have a link? Bomb games became unlegal since Horus posted rule about any "payments for games" but qbees were keeping upset. Now this rule got spread and mods trying to watch for bomb games.
    Edit and if you look at the first screen shot you can see in bold. "ANY games of chance." doesn't say paid.
    http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/12419/which-is-it-close#latest
  • SepailSepail Member
    edited May 2017
    Pandorite said:

Sepail said:

Pandorite said:

Sepail said:

Pandorite said:

http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/12419/which-is-it-close#latest
    I think Horus is main mod, so other opinion doesn't affect on the rules. Hope i dont mistake. But it's strange... Maou was against second lifes and forcing ppl remove vends. One part wasn't against maybe. One part didn't know to allow second chanse or no. But now this rule was accepted finally.
  • I really don't care about most of this bomb game stuff. Just wanna know if it literally meant any. W.e I'll just watch the forums to see if anyone gets banned for unpaid raffles.