Gdog's Vids - YULETIDE 2022 Packs

Comments

• No matter multipost .
    Also, what if people drop the egg and pick up and drop and pick again ?
  • one trigger command.
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember

No matter multipost .
    Also, what if people drop the egg and pick up and drop and pick again ?

@SirKewberth
    Also, what if we drop 500 eggs at once from our inventory (eggs that we have from last year)? Do we get 500 eggs in the leaderboard instantly?
  • i dont think it works that way
    LateCom said:

i dont think it works that way

It used to.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    lucaaa795 said:

LateCom said:

It used to.
    In the early days during the egg hunt, collected eggs never made it into your inventory at all. They only started being actually collected and craftable last year. In theory, if we didn't make any mistakes collecting dropping and re-collecting eggs would not increase your, or anyone else's count.

lucaaa795 said:

LateCom said:

It used to.
    In the early days during the egg hunt, collected eggs never made it into your inventory at all. They only started being actually collected and craftable last year. In theory, if we didn't make any mistakes collecting dropping and re-collecting eggs would not increase your, or anyone else's count.

I'm not talking about that.
    I'm talking about eggs that made it to the inventory by having them spawned in it. Throwing them out would increase your count at any time. (This was before last year's easter)
    I thought that it might be the same case here.. old eggs may not have that specific identity therefore it'd be possilble to use your pre existent stacks.
  • Selling eggs to orthers will simply ruin egg hunt..
  • PartyParty Member
    I'm guessing they made it that once you picked up an egg then that egg basically becomes deactivated and can only be used for crafting I'm guessing?
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    Videos set to private/unviewable.
    This can be locked.
  • Interesting.
  • Sir. PixelSir. Pixel EnglandMember
    Errr
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Rather than just leave this unanswered I want to explain what happened to curb rumours and incorrect stories.

A thread was started, that contained posts that could be considered racist/bigoted. Someone pointed the thread out to me and when I saw it, I deleted the thread and banned one player for 3 months because he had been warned before not to post such things.

Now, Gdog thought the player should be banned permanently. I felt when I reviewed the thread that a 3 month ban was reasonable/proportionate to what I saw there. I'm the one who banned him for 3 months. Gdog had not discussed the thread or ban with me before I banned the player (though we had discussed previous threads/bans in the past). So it seems we disagreed, in part because this player had been banned/warned before, for similar issues. That's fair. I can understand why Gdog feels the ban should have been permanent. I've dealt with this only twice personally. This time and about a year ago.

However, disagreeing about the severity of a ban and "tolerating racism" are not the same thing. I feel that's a rather extreme way to present what happened. So, maybe I made the wrong decision. I don't know. I didn't feel I was going light when banning. I thought it was a reasonable reaction to what happened.

I respect Gdogs, opinion and decision to hide his videos. He of course has to make his own mind up about that. I regret that Gdog felt he had to take such a drastic action, especially given the cordial relationship we've had for years now, but I guess he's quite unhappy with the situation.

edited August 2019
    May have overacted a touch.
    We hashed it out though.

Anyway vids are back up.
    Yes Gdog and I discussed this privately and thankfully we were able to come to some understanding. This makes me quit happy as I think we've had a good relationship over the last few years and I really valued the videos he did about the game. Thanks to him for being open to discussion and for years of really great videos that I'm glad are still available.
  • IcyTamTamIcyTamTam Member
    edited August 2019
    I’m glad everything was sorted out. Though gdog’s vids aren’t the newest, they’re still helpful and entertaining to watch and played a huge role in CC :)
    Here is it the Yuletide 2019 Pack preview.
    As well as a quick look at the new years stuffs.
    And! a look at the Overworld 2 update.
    BOOM
  • aaaaaaaaaaaa im going mad
    i love the new year rockets
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Can't wait for the pack and that new overworld looks amazing!
  • Nice to see a video from you Gdog! Also great to see all the new stuff too! I've been missing your videos! Thanks for posting this! :)
  • I am impressed ! Kewby added Snowman umbrella >:O
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    thanks for the preview ;)

it isn't as detailed as the other ones but not bad

Sure i like every new decos <3

Sure i like every new decos <3</p>
    All most all of the new deco Came from your suggestion...
    They are awesome!
    Almost more Exited for the new OverWorld update then the seasonal packs!
    When Will the OverWorld Update come out?
    @SirKewberth
    Well.. at some point soon I hope to open steam beta branch for overworld test server (same one gdog played on) -- Still fixing bugs. Then it depends how that testing goes and what suggestions people have etc... But basically once we feel that's robust and stable enough it'll become the new way to navigate the game.
  • Well will New year pack come with Yule pack together or it comes after Yule ?
  • Well.. at some point soon I hope to open steam beta branch for overworld test server (same one gdog played on) -- Still fixing bugs. Then it depends how that testing goes and what suggestions people have etc... But basically once we feel that's robust and stable enough it'll become the new way to navigate the game.

That beta will be fun to play with.
  • System message changed. Is the pack coming today?
  • Also we need to add stone brick and snow to the overworld blocks.
    Wait.. We should add any block that you can get from verious mines!
    I'd love to go to other people's overworlds and see what they came up with