Buying/Selling "Bugged" Items — No Drama :)

Well, it seems that even if I bring an actual topic to the table that I'd like a discussion over, it can just be closed because of the disputes of other players that simply happen to have their arguments in my post (even though the messages could have simply been removed as opposed to the entire discussion being closed).

I'd still like a response better than the ones I'd previously received, as all fell short of satisfying my inquiry. So! On to the subject:

Why exactly is it that bugged/glitches items cannot be bought nor sold? I'm just curious. Having or owning any sort of bugged item doesn't really give you an advantage in any aspect over other players. It's sort of like owning one of the old bushes, or a slyme egg. Something most players will never have during their time in CC. Sure, they sell for a lot. But that means there's just someone out there that's willing to pay a lot for it. I, for one, would love to collect bugged items, as I already own a lot, acquired just as I progressed in the years I've played CC. The issue is, whenever I come across someone who has a bugged item, I'm unable to purchase it, or even trade for it, as no one wants to risk getting in trouble for it. But it doesn't make sense to me that it should be outlawed.

If anyone could enlighten me as to why this is so horrible, please fill me in.

And yes, this is a copy and paste, straight from the original, closed discussion.
Keep your unrelated nonsense to yourselves. Thanks!

Regards,
Pious

Comments

• The above problem can be likened to you buying a product (for example snack) with broken packaging. Will you buy a snack with broken packaging? Your answer is no. Not just you, but others also think the same. Why? That snack may be less healthy for our healthy. It's very harmful to ourselves.
    So does the above problem. Maybe it will be harm enough for ourselves, either that is illegal etc.
    Just my opinion :v
  • PiousPious Member
    Except it wouldn't be harming me, and I'd be giving other people cubits, which, last I checked, wasn't harming either.

And, with the point I always use, if I want to purchase a bugged item, why should I not be allowed to spend my cubits on the item I want? If I wanted to buy a snack with broken packaging, why shouldn't I be allowed to?
  • Pious said:

Except it wouldn't be harming me, and I'd be giving other people cubits, which, last I checked, wasn't harming either.

And, with the point I always use, if I want to purchase a bugged item, why should I not be allowed to spend my cubits on the item I want? If I wanted to buy a snack with broken packaging, why shouldn't I be allowed to?

Honestly, I think that this thread should be a support ticket instead. You have good reasoning and I agree with you 100%, but this thread is not getting the admin attention it needs to actually result in anything. Proving your point to players does you little to no good.
  • Pious said:

If I wanted to buy a snack with broken packaging, why shouldn't I be allowed to?

ikr I love me some defective cheetos
  • PiousPious Member
    Misticall said:

Pious said:

If I wanted to buy a snack with broken packaging, why shouldn't I be allowed to?

ikr I love me some defective cheetos
    I prefer the razorblade-inserted Airheads.
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    Its the profiting from exploits that is the main part of it.
    It mainly things like null, broken link, exit doors, stacked dehydrated cubes that are not allowed to be sold.
    The original acquiring of these items are either an exploit or a bug. So they weren't earned legitimately to begin with. If we allowed the sale of said items it would promote a play style towards playing the game as not intended or in a way to try and exploit bugs or loopholes for financial game. This obviously is not a good idea.
    Now unobtainable but legitimately acquired items like boogers, sylme eggs, berry bushes with berries on are able to be sold as either they are an old item or were legitimately able to be purchased. In the case of the berry bushes, from the old cubit store.
  • PiousPious Member
    gdog said:

It mainly things like null, broken link, exit doors, stacked dehydrated cubes that are not allowed to be sold.
    The original acquiring of these items are either an exploit or a bug. So they weren't earned legitimately to begin with. If we allowed the sale of said items it would promote a play style towards playing the game as not intended or in a way to try and exploit bugs or loopholes for financial game. This obviously is not a good idea.
    Now unobtainable but legitimately acquired items like boogers, sylme eggs, berry bushes with berries on are able to be sold as either they are an old item or were legitimately able to be purchased. In the case of the berry bushes, from the old cubit store.

Well, what about mis-named Plasms and things along those lines? Additionally, many stacked cubes were not obtained intentionally (stacked on purpose), but instead just happened to stack. I wouldn't put them up there's in the list of "bad bugs."
  • PiousPious Member
    lucaaa795 said:

Pious said:

gdog said:

Well, what about mis-named Plasms and things along those lines? Additionally, many stacked cubes were not obtained intentionally (stacked on purpose), but instead just happened to stack. I wouldn't put them up there's in the list of "bad bugs."
    These stacked dehydrated cubes can and will- from what i've seen in past *cough* -be sold for much more than their value if they werent stacked.
    Same for plasms.You can really make cubits out of them.
    And I'd like to buy those items for more than their original trade value. So let me pay more. Jeez. No one should have an issue with receiving more cubits. This logic is stupid. I am the person that wants to pay outrageous amounts for outrageous bugs. Say, I ordered food with hair in it and left a million dollar tip. Guess what? That's my decision. o-o If it's my cubits, I should be able to spend it as I like.
  • Pious said:

And I'd like to buy those items for more than their original trade value. So let me pay more. Jeez. No one should have an issue with receiving more cubits. This logic is stupid. I am the person that wants to pay outrageous amounts for outrageous bugs. Say, I ordered food with hair in it and left a million dollar tip. Guess what? That's my decision. o-o If it's my cubits, I should be able to spend it as I like.

I think that the issue is purchasing bugged items encourages players to search for exploits and use them to make profit.
  • CortanaCortana UnknownMember, Retired Moderator
    I don't see what is the point to make two threads for the same topic, when all the responses have been given with adequate and full reasonings. Terms of Service are there for a reason, you might want to read that. If you got complaints about what it contains of, then you better be off to support instead of starting some debates about how Terms of Service are "stupid" and how you should be allowed to buy bugs.

What I see from this whole thing: everyone should be allowed to abuse bugs/exploits, use third party softwares and attempt to mess with the game files for their own profit and some bug based dream fulfilling? Yes, it's your cubits and you can spend them however you like, as long as it doesn't violate Terms of Service.

If you're still not pleased with responses, then feel free to ask support for a better one. Locking this.
This discussion has been closed.