What are the Nametag Rules?

DullachanDullachan Member
edited April 2017 in Help Requests
I plan to name myself along the lines of "Hitler", just because. Absolutely no reason behind it, i just want a stupid name even more absurd than Totes McGoats. I sent a friend request to someone named "Hitler" to see if it's taken. And it was. I don't think the name of him/her was modified since... well.. it exists, i named myself "Retard..." once and it got modified, and since "Hitler" is something worse, i'm thinking it's going to be modified by mods/admins. -- not going to say what the name is as people can make alts with that name rendering my plan useless. My question here is: If i name myself along the lines of "Kawaii Hitler" [not going to be my name, an example of what my name will be like], will i get in trouble? Will it be modified by Mods/Admins?

Comments

• @Cortana
    My guess is that asking as you don't use it in an inappropriate way you are fine but it's best to get a moderator to confirm.
  • edited April 2017
    lucaaa795 said:

No.
    Its all about which name is taken and which isnt
    You can use spaces before the name or " . " or whatever and you will obtain the name,if the original one (example:Bread is taken , you can change ur name to "Bread." or " Bread " (spaces and dots)

He/she is asking if they can use hitler in their name.

Guidelines state that:
    You may not select as your User ID the name of another living person (unless it is also your name), a name for the purpose of fraud or disparagement, or a name that violates any third party's trademark right, copyright, or other proprietary right, or which Cosmic Cow deems in its sole discretion to be vulgar or otherwise offensive.

Names. In creating your character in Cubic Castles we ask that you use names appropriate for the setting. Do not use names that violate these terms, that might be offensive to other players, or that include copyright or trademark characters or products. Avoid names that are from or imply popular media and culture. Cosmic Cow will arbitrarily change any names it considers unsuitable, or ban the accounts associated. Other than in these circumstances, names will not generally be changed.

• AllunarAllunar Member
    edited April 2017
    Unless perhaps on a slim chance of this person being named Hitler at birth or having the second name Hitler I would say this name is unacceptable if it was my game but I don't know about this specific name when it comes to CC.

@Cortana @Horus
  • HorusHorus EnglandMember, Forum Moderator, Retired Moderator
    edited April 2017
    It is against our terms of service and basic human decency. Why would you want to name yourself as someone who's responsible for a genocide in the first place?

Locking this up.
This discussion has been closed.