Spotting scams 0.0

justcandie.justcandie. Member
edited April 2017 in Community
If you think I know how anything works, think again.
Anyways,

What ISN'T considered a scam?
{I may miss some points, please reply with any more you can think of ^^}
-Giving someone something/ Not giving someone somthing
[eg.:
Player1: *Gives player2 hat*
Player2: Ty
Player1: Can I have perm now?
Player2: No
Player1: Scammer!! You stole my hat!]
[Eg2.:
Player1: Can I have your hat?
Player2: No!
Player1: Scammer! I report]
-The other not buying/selling you(r) item
[Eg.:
Player1: Can I buy your hat?/ can you buy my hat?
Player2: No.
Player1: Pls pls pls pls plsssss!!
Player2: No.
Player1: Scammer!!]
Some people call you "Scammer", "Noob" To make you do something for them. If you KNOW you did nothing wrong, You best ignore them (and unfriend them if they're in your friends list).

What is considered a scam?
-Taking stuff without other's permission
[Eg.:
Player1: *perms player2*
Player2: Thx, *acts all nice*
Player1: Gtg
Player2: Kay, *Waits for player1 to leave* *Takes everything without permission from the other to do so*]
-Tricking someone into doing something they wouldn't do in the first place
[Eg.:
Bomb games where person makes vendings with warp food for 'second chances' and player buys it, (Either the warp food goes nowhere or) The player wins, expecting the "amazing" prize but the prize was for show and the person bans the player.]

Now, the scams:

1. Foundation vending scams
[Best never to buy from these]
{Idk what to identify them as}
a) Illusion {xd}
Scam
In the above you see vendings, You can spot the block UNDER the bumpers are NOT foundation blocks!
[good tip: ALWAYS check under the bumpers, Almost always possible to, unless person covered the sides, which, if the realm is big enough, you can see under the blocks and check with betamax]
[Out of topic:
To activate betamax:
Type "I defy betamax!" in chat (Not case sensitive)
Exit to home screen> Settings> Tweaks> bottom> You'll see a new thingy, make it "yes"]
Scam2
Scam3
As you can see, I used betamax to see under the bumpers and see that it IS a scam.
b) "Pick the chest/treasure hunting"
Where the person places a chest on the vending(s) saying there is (a chance of getting) good items if you buy!
[Must avoid, sometimes, people get their friends or alts to buy a vending to prove its not a scam, beware.]
Pick the chests on a vending is VERY DANGEROUS if you CAN'T afford to lose those cubits you're spending to get that chest.
There could be an item, or not. It could just all be a trick and none have the "Omg so good" item in them.
c) Race for the item
The person places foundations in a line of x numbers, when player buys, they think that they can get it but in actual fact, they can't. The person either breaks the foundation before he player can get the item, or takes the item before the player can get it. [DO NOT try, unless you don't mind losing all those cubits of yours to the scammer.]
d) Opaque blocks with items on them
When you place foundations covering one or more foundations with an opaque block where there are none. And adding a tempting item on it. The foundations should be highlighted on the sides because there is a different block/ nothing there.
{Tell me if theres anything I missed from the foundation scams}

2. Cash regs scams
{It is NOT hard to avoid getting scammed by these IF YOU CHECK THE CONFIRMATION POP-UP WHEN YOU ACCEPT AND CAREFULLY SAY "YES" OR "NO"} {READ!!!! IT!!!}
a) illusionsss
[most common are pjs and pink pants
The person will quickly change the Pjs with pink pants as the player accepts
Or anything that looks similar to the item you're buying
when the player changes, the accept part should be ... for a second or so
{THATS WHY YOU NEED TO CHECK COMFIRMATION POP-UP CAREFULLY}
b) Changing very quickly
[Similar to a)]
Item/ amt. of cubits changes in the VERY SHORT amount of time you take to click accept
PROCEED CAREFULLY AND CHECCKKK THE POP-UP!!!!!
{Tell me if I missed anything >_<}

3.Vending scams
[similar to register scams]
a) "Cheap item"
[Eg.: TOP HAT SCAM
the person makes top hats 1c each, people think "GOOD DEAL OMG I BUY" Players spams yes on 1c for top hats, Person quickly changes to 20k or something, Player gets so used to clicking yes for that short period of time, accidently clicks yes, buys top hats for 20k = SCAMMED]
so, check when you buy items from vendings!
"Better safe than sorry"
b) Temptation
Idk how to explain so i'll give an example
Eg.:
Person1: Hollawarp Giveawayy!! Bunny Pajamas for 2k!!
people: *click on hollawarp*
Unlucky guy: Clicks "buy" thinking its actually PJ's
Turns out it was actually Pink pants
[I actually withnessed this]
The guy bought pink pants for 2k.
The problem is: People don't read/ check!
{Tell me anything else to add please!!!}

Other:
Ermm... How do you do Itallic, Bold, underline, cross-out??
How do you do spoilers??
Thanks!

-Cotten
{PS. Tell me if useful or not, thx}