What does the community want to see from Official Events?

UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
edited March 2023 in General Chat
Adventures? Parkours? Building contests? Skill based events over raffles? Raffles over skill based events? A little bit of everything? Something else?

I’m open to all opinions here and want to know generally what the community would like to see going forward.

Comments

• UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited March 2023
    Also.. keep in mind my time is limited. Things like building events, poem contests, art contests, etc. take me around an hour to set up. Whereas realms I have to build like parkours, adventures, etc. take days or even weeks.
  • I think that the events most loved by the community are the Parkours and the Building Contests, also now the Adventure Games are more and more popular.

Regarding your lack of time, have you considered having help in the building of the events?
  • More Of building contests! and in game raffles!
  • The best of both worlds (building and adventure) would be a community-built official event similar to this one > https://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/22917/space-fetus-community-event-part-1-official-event-results#latest (https://youtu.be/rphIUd1DMEc)

Appreciate all of the work you are doing organising and building the events - enjoyed jumping in-game to complete them :)
  • Clan wars 🥺
  • ArtaaArtaa Member
    I'd love to see Races or Puzzle games/Adventures, they Can be pretty fun

<3
  • CubicPencilCubicPencil Member
    edited March 2023
    Adventures! If you can figure out events with pure skill and the best players win, I would be all for that too.

Edit: A scavenger/treasure hunt with custom texture maps would be awesome too.
  • I Would love to see more skill with some grinding and a bit of luck :)
  • Adventures and parkours are sooo fun! I would love it as an event.
  • Building contests and parkours have always been my favourites. Adventures as well.
  • SyphonicsSyphonics Member
    edited March 2023
    I like grinding event more,just like the past turkey poops hunt event.even though is a bit tired of grinding,but it will be like hundred winners,better than raffle around 10 winners only ahha xd so thats my opinion
  • I love parkour event and I hope have some all qbee teamwork event like we need to collect ___ items to defeat who or what, and raffle event is very need luck so I don't very like it. Just my opinion. :D
  • Parkours please, If it takes too long I’m down to help.
  • adventure map and puzzles
    Mini Dani said:

I think that the events most loved by the community are the Parkours and the Building Contests, also now the Adventure Games are more and more popular.

Regarding your lack of time, have you considered having help in the building of the events?

A lot of issues come up from others helping. Unfortunately the few who complain ruin it for everyone else.

The best of both worlds (building and adventure) would be a community-built official event similar to this one > https://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/22917/space-fetus-community-event-part-1-official-event-results#latest (https://youtu.be/rphIUd1DMEc)

Appreciate all of the work you are doing organising and building the events - enjoyed jumping in-game to complete them :)

I don’t recognize the event you linked. Could you explain to me what it was?
  • U said:

The best of both worlds (building and adventure) would be a community-built official event similar to this one > https://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/22917/space-fetus-community-event-part-1-official-event-results#latest (https://youtu.be/rphIUd1DMEc)

It looks like a huge collage of various player made event realms all connected together and that is the event
  • U said:

From memory, it was a multiple-part event.
    The first part was a build contest - submit a 30x30 room that has some explorable areas (few restrictions). The rooms were then put together with a story and each area had a task (e.g. find all the seekers, look for the password, parkour, etc.)

In the forum post, it sounded like winners for both the builds and adventure were randomly selected - no need to judge all the builds.
  • Parkours, seekers, building contests are all standard imo. They have popped up a bit too often, but are decently fun still to participate in (except for the serious grind ones).
    Races (cars) have popped up every so often, but are still somewhat a standard.
    Adventures would take a long time to build and prepare but are fun to participate in.
    Teamwork parkours would also be nice since if you have a good partner, you can really enjoy the event.
    Build contests are nice but the same group of people usually win, which is quite sad.

Community Events are something that I would really like to see. I mentioned it in previous suggestions.
    Here is the full description/idea of how the event works.
    > CC has a lot of competition when hoarding/trading items, and also with the events. One step to lower the competition and increase the community levels would be to start making events as a global goal. For example, during Easter, you could have players work together to gather a total of X amount of easter eggs. Anybody that contributed would get prize A. However, players that gathered at least Y (more than x) amount of easter eggs would also receive prize B, and players that gathered at least Z (more than y) amount of easter eggs would also receive prize C. That way, the only person to compete against is the global goal and the thresholds for the prizes that you want. It could help bring back the community a ton.

Although it may be hard to trust the community, you could ask some community members (not the same person all the time to try to open the trust span between admins, mods, and qbees). They could make a parkour/seeker event to loosen the load off of the admins/mods. For example, Pencil is amazing at making Adventures. I think if he is up for it, and if he has the time for it, then we could ask him to build one. Sweet Pyxel is good at making teamwork parkours, so we could have a teamwork parkour event as an official event by asking Pyxel to build a parkour (once again, if Pyxel is up for it and has the time for it). That way, the community is also involved in the creation of the events. That would create kind of like a Student Body system of a school but within the game. More people are involved and more of the community's voices and efforts can go in as well. Whim and Will are good at hosting/modding other events such as events dice games or shorter events (since nobody can really stay awake and mod a single event for an entire week or so). Everybody has their strengths and weaknesses, so I think we should utilize the community's different strengths to build and create amazing events.
    I guess I should clarify. I was asking about building contests and things like that. Any events the developers create themselves are completely unrelated to the ones I host or space has hosted in the past.
  • Events that are not hosted at 5am