One Way Blocks

What if we had a block that which ever direction its placed you can walk threw but every other side you cant.

Example: I place the block in the North. I can only walk threw the North side of the block but will act like a normal block every other direction and stop the player from moving threw it. Basically a sideways cloud.

Edit: You could combine a block in the workbenche with phantom foam maybe to create it.

Comments

• I like this idea! Good for one way checkpoints/paths in adventure maps, or even parkours :)
  • It is a nice idea too! The player must follow the path to continue the journey to the end.
  • Love it! +100
  • Bump :P
  • +999 and 1 for spud bugs too?
  • Farts Of FuryFarts Of Fury Member
    edited September 2020
    Maybe even have them connected to switches so you can hit a switch to change the direction you can walk threw it
  • sort of like clouds but horizontal, nice idea.
  • Didnt think of that XD but yeah like clouds
  • Im bumping this discussion of mine so don't close it.
  • -1 sounds Weird Man
  • +1
  • -1 sounds Weird Man

Its basically a cloud but sideways in block form. Possibly you can craft a block with phantom foam to create it
  • I like it <3 plus 1
  • -1 sounds Weird Man

Its basically a cloud but sideways in block form. Possibly you can craft a block with phantom foam to create it
    I don't get it Wdym??? Is it like a Block Upside down Something? Or Just block which is like a Pixel AAAA I don't Get it ._. Can You explain it please?
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    +1
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    It's not a bad idea.. In the meantime you can create one way passages using doorways and sentries. One door is just open and the one you come out of is sentried. Not quite the same as a block but functionally could be used the same way.
  • Is it like Accleos Like Both Sides can Be Placed and Crafted
  • It's not a bad idea.. In the meantime you can create one way passages using doorways and sentries. One door is just open and the one you come out of is sentried. Not quite the same as a block but functionally could be used the same way.

yea, its kind of like that thing from super Mario maker
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    +1
    I like this idea a lot. It would be great for mazes and puzzle realms. I can see a lot of uses for it even in everyday builds. It would be need to be craftable though, otherwise it will just become another "could have been so cool" feature in the game. It would be too expensive and limiting to have it as specialty blocks you had to buy.
  • It's not a bad idea.. In the meantime you can create one way passages using doorways and sentries. One door is just open and the one you come out of is sentried. Not quite the same as a block but functionally could be used the same way.

yea, its kind of like that thing from super Mario maker
    Ohhh So It's Like The Horizontal Version of the Block +1
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

It's not a bad idea.. In the meantime you can create one way passages using doorways and sentries. One door is just open and the one you come out of is sentried. Not quite the same as a block but functionally could be used the same way.

I always hated doors because they are so big. It’s difficult to incorporate them into a lot of builds.