While I've been off the forums..

SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
Here's a little peek at some unfinished stuff we've been working on ...

Comments

• wow! That is amazing.
  • Is it Open for Beta Branches? @sirkewbirth
  • this is interesting? this will change the game forever o.o
    anyway im excited for a completely different cubic castles to come :D
  • MEEPYZMEEPYZ Member
    edited May 2021
    Amazing :0 would be awesome if we could make the block a little transparent too, and have a grid for pixel blocks.

Also, what is that new foam in your Hotbar?
  • D FireD Fire Member
    edited May 2021
    O.O Exited
    Amazing :D and ye more things are being added like real life i guess (photocopy machine) xD
    When will be the update ;)
  • Sorry for Multi posting I guess.. but I Just asked Some Qbees Their Opinion On the Update Many Said It Might Be Used For Some Bad Ways As well Like Some Toxic Qbees Drawing Some thing way else and You Know We Don't have a Big Mod Army thingy You know so its Gonna be Hard if Someone draws Some Weird Stuff or Went toxic What's Your opinion??
  • CubicCubic Member

Sorry for Multi posting I guess.. but I Just asked Some Qbees Their Opinion On the Update Many Said It Might Be Used For Some Bad Ways As well Like Some Toxic Qbees Drawing Some thing way else and You Know We Don't have a Big Mod Army thingy You know so its Gonna be Hard if Someone draws Some Weird Stuff or Went toxic What's Your opinion??

Was just thinking that. It’s rly cool and opens so many building opportunities but if it is added how are they gonna deal with people doing rude things?
  • GanondalfGanondalf Member
    edited May 2021
    Clap....clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap!
  • yea, adding this could open pandora's box for all sorts of bad things to come if not executed proerly.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    We considered it already. Of course people can do nasty pixel art and bad signs and bad statues etc... It's already been an issue since the game was in beta. This is where the quote "this is why we can't have nice things" comes in. But try to look at the good side and let us worry about policing it.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I remember you talking about this in the past. I’m glad you finally are able to get it into the game, I’m excited to see how it is used!! :)
  • HONEY BOMBHONEY BOMB Member
    edited May 2021
    Hmm....... Block design contest ? Like we submit our designs
    This is cool feature ! You can make your own design and sell them to player if they find it attractive :D
    And I find it people are impossible to steal ur design (unless they trace) since you could only copy it with the canvas
  • MEEPYZMEEPYZ Member
    Would there be a way for us to type in hex codes, to make it easier to find colors.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    MEEPYZ said:

Would there be a way for us to type in hex codes, to make it easier to find colors.

Version one will be pretty basic. If people are using it a lot we can add more features.
  • HONEY BOMBHONEY BOMB Member
    edited May 2021

MEEPYZ said:

Version one will be pretty basic. If people are using it a lot we can add more features.
    More paint brushes?
  • MEEPYZMEEPYZ Member

MEEPYZ said:

I think it would be commonly used, artists might sell custom block packs, and builders might have signature blocks in their builds.
  • Alv'Alv' Member
    Fantastic, I'm looking forward to it.
  • Looking forward to the new updates!!!

• Well The Update Seems would Help Builders Most or People Who Like Making Custom Banners Many People Would use it for Their Custom Logo Like I do :)
  • PlayerPlayer Member
    Intriguing
  • When you lack any art skills to make use of this feature.
  • Yeah @SirKewberth Whats that new foam, it looks like a Beta Phantom Foam xD
  • Yeah @SirKewberth Whats that new foam, it looks like a Beta Phantom Foam xD

Its Gonna Be Something Used Based on the Update Like Foam it So You can Go Through that Particular Block
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    Is it limited to the "projector" then? So we need to showcase it on them blocks. Isn't it possible to let us create a block, and use it freely, wherever and however we please.

Is it limited to the "projector" then? So we need to showcase it on them blocks. Isn't it possible to let us create a block, and use it freely, wherever and however we please.

This is not possible for technical reasons. So yes limited to projector. If you could make a block and just have it exist forever then the game would have to, in theory, support infinite blocks. The biggest limiting factor expanding cubic is texture space requirements which are already a problem on lower end devices.
  • MEEPYZMEEPYZ Member
    Can we get an open Steam Beta to test the update?
  • i am larrysi am larrys Member
    edited June 2021
    MEEPYZ said:

Can we get an open Steam Beta to test the update?

Ofc Updates Like These Needs To Be tested first for Bugs and stuff so It would come In Beta Testings..Am I right Kew? @SirKewberth
    We're not announcing any betas or release dates for this yet. It's just a sneak preview of things we're working on. There's a lot of other stuff we're also working on and I hope to bring some sneak peeks of those things soon as well. Like the mysterious spray I left on the toolbar ... maybe a video about that next week? Smaller feature but still cool.
  • We're not announcing any betas or release dates for this yet. It's just a sneak preview of things we're working on. There's a lot of other stuff we're also working on and I hope to bring some sneak peeks of those things soon as well. Like the mysterious spray I left on the toolbar ... maybe a video about that next week? Smaller feature but still cool.

So what is that new foam @SirKewberth ?
  • 1 61 6 Member
    I cant wait :D
This discussion has been closed.