About forum rules

I see that a lot of new forum members always necro-posting or multi-posting.. I'm pretty sure most of them didn't read the forum rules before commenting anything. I think once they registered a forum account, it should ask them to read the rule first before starting anything. Thats it

Comments

• They'll just scroll through 'em like EULAs. But +1
  • what about an automated pm sent to new forum users?
  • won't change anything? In @WhimsicalFirefly's words, ppl don't read rules anymore.
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    "I don't read rules", a very common reply when I dm someone here on the forums or the Discord server about a rule break. I send dms frequently reminding people to read the rules and include a link to make it easy to find them. There are not going to be any updates or improvements made any time soon to the forums because the devs are busy with the game. Feel free to help people out by nicely telling them what they are doing wrong and remind them to read the rules, just be careful to leave it at that and don't mini mod.
  • GanondalfGanondalf Member
    edited February 2021
    Okay, I've got an idea. It's a real childish idea but I guess it's children that aren't reading the rules so it's perfect.

Make them agree to each individual rule when they sign in for the first time, right, by ticking boxes and such and have a trap agreement that says: "I have not read any of the rules and am just following procedure," or whatever in the middle of the genuine rules. Ticking that would in turn void the entire process and the user would have to do it all over again.

What do you think?
  • TumbleweedTumbleweed Member
    edited February 2021
    Ganondalf said:

Okay, I've got an idea. It's a real childish idea but I guess it's children that aren't reading the rules so it's perfect.

Make them agree to each individual rule when they sign in for the first time, right, by ticking boxes and such and have a trap agreement that says: "I have not read any of the rules and am just following procedure," or whatever in the middle of the genuine rules. Ticking that would in turn void the entire process and the user would have to do it all over again.

What do you think?

That would actually be an amazing idea. +500
    but not sure if such a thing can be done on these forums

• Ganondalf said:

What do you think?

Smart lol.. whoever ticked that 100% just ticked everything without reading
  • Alv'Alv' Member
    edited April 2021
    Bump

Edit : Yeah I do dm to those players who broke the rule and kindly reminding them what is the do's and don'ts but I think something else has to be done..
  • Wait there's rules for forums?!!ಠ_ಠ
  • Graceful ThunderGraceful Thunder Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
  • Alv'Alv' Member

Wait there's rules for forums?!!ಠ_ಠ

Of course there is, I'm pretty sure a lot of new forum members didn't saw that post and it could be the main reason why they breaking the rule nonstop.
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

you're funny Larrys, I've sent you several links to the rules and we talked about them multiple times in dms. lol

you're funny Larrys, I've sent you several links to the rules and we talked about them multiple times in dms. lol
    lol

Oh that's why I get banned in forums for the last time gimme Link to rules I swear I never clicked to the Links u gave '-'

Oh that's why I get banned in forums for the last time gimme Link to rules I swear I never clicked to the Links u gave '-'
    You need to read next time '-'
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

🤦‍♂️
  • Ty for sending rules finally I won't be banned and can spam on U's Wall :')