A delay in hunting eggs

We see eggs 3 blocks away from us right? If im at the exact place (or next to an egg) it won't show up. Instead it will show up a few blocks past later or few seconds

Comments

• Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    I've noticed this. I've been walking before, in a straight line, randomly picking an egg up- which I know 100% I didn't see in my way

@SirKewberth
  • Having some weird issues too
    Video Evidence:
  • CubicCubic Member
    Probably lagzilla’s fault
  • Kn1ght4nd3r50nKn1ght4nd3r50n Member, Game Moderator
    Crimzo said:

Probably lagzilla’s fault

This was already happening before Zilla appeared. I was thinking it was my wifi, but this is happening to other players.
  • yea please fix it. @SirKewberth
  • PlayerPlayer Member
    edited April 2021
    I've not had this happen before -- I'll edit this comment if it happens

edit: yeah I notice it
  • RolimRolim Member
    So is this Egg lag gonna be left like this now until the 12th?
    I keep missing eggs that were clearly in range to be seen making me having to back track.
    Not only that but sometimes I get an egg out of nowhere.
  • Rolim said:

So is this Egg lag gonna be left like this now until the 12th?
    I keep missing eggs that were clearly in range to be seen making me having to back track.
    Not only that but sometimes I get an egg out of nowhere.

yep, I keep getting this too >_>
  • SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator
    Yeah it's pretty rough, can sometimes take up to like 5 seconds for an egg to appear. I even stopped to afk once and came back to an egg on screen heh. Doubt it's an easy/ possible fix with, I assume, egg visibility being tied into the server to stop cheaters.
  • MEEPYZMEEPYZ Member
    edited April 2021
    This happens to me too, I think it was the worst for me today which is annoying.
    noticed it only happens on castles.cc
  • MEEPYZ said:

This happens to me too, I think it was the worst for me today which is annoying.

It happens in all devices
    I am on android mobile
  • Alv'Alv' Member
    MEEPYZ said:

No, steam too
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    This is a side effect of anti cheating. If we send all the eggs right away people cheat to find them. So we have to send them when you're near. If there's any network lag you get this effect.
  • RolimRolim Member
    Well the problem is that "when you're near" is that sometimes is "too late".
    I know you guys did it with good intentions but has you can see it's affecting players that have nothing to do with such matter. Basically making the hunt not even work proprely anymore. (or at least fast enough for speedy players...)
    Before players cheated thanks to the game not loading textures while alt+tabbing in the loading moment which would reveal every Egg around the mines due everything being invisible besides floating items. (ngl I did this back in the day.) So to "fix it" you guys made the eggs appearing on a small radius. And now even that is not working right. Is there really not a way to actually fix the alt+tab loading issue? That way the eggs could be around the mines like they used to be. And everyone would be at the same advantage.
  • Im just worried about totally missing a golden egg
  • SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator
    Increasing the radius by about 2 times would fix the issue, giving more time for the server to display the egg in range, though it's a little late this year.
  • RolimRolim Member
    Siddd said:

Increasing the radius by about 2 times would fix the issue, giving more time for the server to display the egg in range, though it's a little late this year.

I did thought about increasing the radius to give it more time to load the eggs, however I refused to write it due beliving that this radius is a bandange covering an issue that hasn't been really fixed. I think it's wearing off by now. You can't tell me people enjoy hopping around mines blindly. The radius purpose for me is not a real fix. (I thought about other ideas that could make the hunting more fun but I will see if I will make a post on it after the event is over). I know it's to late now to do anything but I hope next year Easter and possibly other events can get some revamp. So far imo It's been a fiasco and I'm really sorry.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Yeah clearly the egg hunting needs a different/better system. We won't do it like this next year. We've been trying for years to find a good way to do it. It's a tough one to get right.
  • RolimRolim Member

Yeah clearly the egg hunting needs a different/better system. We won't do it like this next year. We've been trying for years to find a good way to do it. It's a tough one to get right.

I believe in you and I believe that next year might be the best one from these words alone. I'm sure you will find a good way to do it.
    There will always be people who won't be happy with changes but sometimes changes are necessary.
    Easter Event has always been one of my favorites. Collecting eggs to make pows is such joy. Bunnyzilla coming over and people chasing him during a few days is also really fun.