Holla Mute - Punishment

Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
edited April 2021 in Suggestions & Comments
As many of us in the community know- Holla drama, trolling and toxic comments are becoming an overwhelming issue just lately. It's causing a lot of anger within the community too- causing waves of drama amongst players in normal chats and CC Discord Servers.

I would like to suggest "Holla Mute"

Exactly the same as a Mute- expect, it'd be Mute-limited. You can talk like normal, your Hollas however will be blocked for however long a Mod deems fit. I think this can become longer than normal mutes. Instead of 1h-24hrs. It can easily be 1d-7d. It doesn't really effect their social lives as they can talk.

@SirKewberth @Galantis @WhimsicalFirefly @ThisIsNotSlim @Graceful Thunder

Comments

• +1, other solutions:
    -5 minute timer on hollas
    -increase punishments for holla drama
    -increase hollas 4k for 4
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    I'd agree to a timer- some wouldn't. It's basically punishing all, for the few who don't listen.
    I'm all for backing the increased punishment though!
    Maybe not increasing the price, idk...It's fun talking in Hollas, which isn't an issue really
  • ThisIsNotSlimThisIsNotSlim Member, Game Moderator
    Not a bad idea though this would require mod intervention.. If this is deemed worthy of admins taking action.. I think a cooldown on hollas would be a nice starting point.. ie. Can only send 1 holla per 2-5 minutes thus limiting holla conversations/drama
  • and maybe make hollas cost less like 1500c instead of 2kc cause you need the c for shops to keep them running
  • MarieAraMarieAra MexicoMember
    Yeah let's just get rid of smexy asian already I'm down for this +27253527272
  • +1
  • edited April 2021
    MarieAra said:

-infinity to what you said but
    +1 to lower holla cost in c store and instead of 4 maybe 5
  • Kn1ght4nd3r50nKn1ght4nd3r50n Member, Game Moderator
    edited April 2021
    Yes, Great suggestion!
    The recently holla abuse need a solution, this can be more effective than 24h mutes .

Not a bad idea though this would require mod intervention.. If this is deemed worthy of admins taking action.. I think a cooldown on hollas would be a nice starting point.. ie. Can only send 1 holla per 2-5 minutes thus limiting holla conversations/drama

About the cooldown on hollas is a good point to start too and it's could help.
  • I totally agree but I disagree with the price of hollas being more expensive, 4k is a price that for a new person in the game to make a profit by sending hollas is very difficult ...
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I think most would agree that we have had an increase in holla abuse recently and we need a solution. Muting someone for 24 hours does not seem to be working because many come out of their mute time and go right back to the abuse. I think the statement about "punishing all, for the few who don't listen" is an important one to keep in mind though. Everyone should not have to pay more or have to wait few minutes to do another holla because of the people that abuse the use of them. I really like the idea of a holla mute that the mods can give to those that abuse the system by insulting, swearing, arguing, starting drama, etc. They would still be able to talk in game but lose the ability to holla for however many days the mod feels is appropriate. Great suggestion and feedback from everyone! I hope to see a solution to this problem added soon so keep the conversation going here.
  • yeah i hate the abuse t annoys me when minning
  • I definitely think it's a great idea!
  • It should build up on them. First offence = 1 day Hollamute , Second offence = 2 days Hollamute And so on.. same with the normal Mutes or any other punishment.
    Alot of ppl dont care about getting a 24h mute ..they even brag about it when they get one
  • I agree with this I get into dram myself with everyone 🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️ especially burb
  • CubicCubic Member
    edited April 2021
    Burb is an idiot they randomly just say rude and offensive things in hollas to get attention
    Love this idea +1
    But -1 to cooldown
  • +1, people getting muted only for hollas would be nice
  • Alv'Alv' Member
    +1
    edited April 2021
    Glad to see so many people agree with this :)! Hopefully Kewb will implement this. I think having Hollas blocked, especially for a week, would make many think twice before abusing Hollas.

Remember tho, @DivaDaDiva 09 - if you don't reply, they won't reply. If you reply once to them, you're encouraging them and giving them what they want. If someone is abusing Hollas, or bullying you in a Holla, instead of Hollaring back then going to Discord and continuing it, just do /time and report it.
  • or maybe a holla ignore function where you can ignore the holla from somebody and you type in the name and you dont ignore there chat in rooms just in hollas
    [(possile command) /hollaignore /hollaunignore ]
    +1
  • Glad to see so many people agree with this :)! Hopefully Kewb will implement this. I think having Hollas blocked, especially for a week, would make many think twice before abusing Hollas.

Remember tho, @DivaDaDiva 09 - if you don't reply, they won't reply. If you reply once to them, you're encouraging them and giving them what they want. If someone is abusing Hollas, or bullying you in a Holla, instead of Hollaring back then going to Discord and continuing it, just do /time and report it.

yes xd alot of times they say rude things so I try to defend and forgot I can just report them 🤦‍♀️
  • lukgosssslukgossss Member
    edited April 2021

Not a bad idea though this would require mod intervention.. If this is deemed worthy of admins taking action.. I think a cooldown on hollas would be a nice starting point.. ie. Can only send 1 holla per 2-5 minutes thus limiting holla conversations/dramas.

I agree with all this idea but waiting for send another holla 2-5 mints is bad if you holla got hide by another and you want sent one more or just we could get hours when mods see hollas are so many like fakes etc they can do peace hour when we can't send hollas more than 3 during this time.

• lukgossss said:

Not a bad idea though this would require mod intervention.. If this is deemed worthy of admins taking action.. I think a cooldown on hollas would be a nice starting point.. ie. Can only send 1 holla per 2-5 minutes thus limiting holla conversations/dramas.

I agree with all this idea but waiting for send another holla 2-5 mints is bad if you holla got hide by another and you want sent one more or just we could get hours when mods see hollas are so many like fakes etc they can do peace hour when we can't send hollas more than 3 during this time.

i agree with the blocking of hollas but maybe there can be a holla delay like between each holla that pops up like 30 seconds delay before it shows up to give people time to see each holla
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited April 2021

i agree with the blocking of hollas but maybe there can be a holla delay like between each holla that pops up like 30 seconds delay before it shows up to give people time to see each holla

If all hollas were delayed 30 seconds they would still all come up at the same rate. Wouldn't make a difference.
    edited April 2021

If all hollas were delayed 30 seconds they would still all come up at the same rate. Wouldn't make a difference.
    Time you've pressed send, it's loaded up and everyone's read it / replied - it's been more than 30 seconds, it's been over 60 seconds
  • no i meant that once a holla has been done if another one comes it waits 30 secnds from the one that just came up before it pops up
    example:
    bob just did a holla saying hey guys i love cc
    joe replies in a holla: i love it too
    but joe's holla will not come up untill 30 seconds after bob's holla came up
    something like that maybe...
  • MarieAraMarieAra MexicoMember

MarieAra said:

Cool story bro

But no, hollas should be more expensive so people can't afford them and therefore everything is calmer
  • MarieAra said:

MarieAra said:

Cool story bro

But no, hollas should be more expensive so people can't afford them and therefore everything is calmer
    Usually the people who say random stuff in hollas are the people who can spare 10k+ anytime. 2k for hollas are good for now unless the game gets more popular or Cubits are worth even less.
    MEEPYZ said:

MarieAra said:

MarieAra said:

Cool story bro

Usually the people who say random stuff in hollas are the people who can spare 10k+ anytime. 2k for hollas are good for now unless the game gets more popular or Cubits are worth even less.
    Imagine having enough Cubits to Spam Hollas :(