Gold Egg

Hi today I’m going to talk about the golden egg, the egg is Super rare that right now is worth 60k-80k and kewberth said that the egg will be exchanged for prizes but if the egg continues so it will only be a collector item and no one will exchange it, I hope that for every day the egg is more common as it was the amulets in halloween and so if it works the change of eggs for items @WhimsicalFirefly idk if u, know anything or if kewberth wanna say anything to us, good Day...

Comments

• SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator
    I agree that the gold egg is far too rare, no item should be reaching that value whilst still available.
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I agree it is too rare as well. Rolim has over 2500 eggs and hasn't seen a single gold egg
  • SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator

I agree it is too rare as well. Rolim has over 2500 eggs and hasn't seen a single gold egg

Yeah that is a little disheartening, it would have perhaps been better if everyone received one gold egg for every 500 or so eggs they found or something like that.
  • I agree with you guys and gals too, Kewb should lower the egg to like every 1/250 for Gold Eggs
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    edited April 2021
    In my opinion; this whole Egg Hunting Event has been shameful to say the least.

Golden Eggs: Far too rare, at this stage, 1 in 2 will have a Super Rare it's basically a 50/50. They're so hard people on 3k+ eggs haven't found 1. People lost theirs and still haven't got theirs back.

Extending the event: This in itself has annoyed so many people...I haven't found 1 person yet, who's happy with it- maybe someone will be here. They're ending an event on the first day most kids go back to school, and when adults are working. If it was Sunday, it wouldn't have been so bad.

Egg bugs: The egging event is bugged- eggs cannot be seen, will lag, not show straight away. Kewb has failed to admit this is an issue nor has he fixed it- yet he extends a broken event.

--- I asked Kewb about this, told him how rare they are, said they shouldn't be as rare. He said "Yes they're rare"
  • In my opinion; this whole Egg Hunting Event has been shameful to say the least. Where can I start moaning?

Golden Eggs: Far too rare, at this stage, 1 in 2 will have a Super Rare it's basically a 50/50. They're so hard people on 3k+ eggs haven't found 1. People lost theirs and still haven't got theirs back.

Extending the event: This in itself has annoyed so many people...I haven't found 1 person yet, who's happy with it- maybe someone will be here. They're ending an event on the first day most kids go back to school, and when adults are working. If it was Sunday, it wouldn't have been so bad.

Egg bugs: The egging event is bugged- eggs cannot be seen, will lag, not show straight away. Kewb has failed to admit this is an issue nor has he fixed it- yet he has the audacity to extend a broken event.

Nothing Kewberth has done in the Event has been handled well- it's a event that started with amazing protentional but was ruined by poor management skills

--- I asked Kewb about this, told him how rare they are, said they shouldn't be as rare. He said "Yes they're rare"

I'm fine with the extended event, some people didn't even attempt to collect eggs because they believed the rollback wouldn't count them, and extending it by 2 days doesn't affect people who are already high up on the leaderboard.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited April 2021
    I couldn’t care less about it being extended. It’s just annoying that it ends on a Monday now. I’ll most likely have to skip school to win because everyone will be collecting eggs to stay in the top 100 the last day..

Overall I think the event is good. There’s nothing wrong with having the golden egg be so rare since it has a chance of giving you 500k+ items.

It also isn’t kewb’s fault they had to do a rollback. So it’s not Kewb’s fault he had to extend the event. You should be complaining to the people who abused the cubit bug, not Kewberth.
  • I like the extended event because I only have less than 100 eggs xD But I am VERY Annoyed that Gold eggs are so rare
  • In my opinion; this whole Egg Hunting Event has been shameful to say the least.

Egg bugs: The egging event is bugged- eggs cannot be seen, will lag, not show straight away. Kewb has failed to admit this is an issue nor has he fixed it- yet he extends a broken event.

I have to agree with you on this one, egg hunting events like this have never been exiting or fun. It's just a walking simulator. I wish there were other ways of collecting these eggs, and giving them more uses would also be appreciated. But eh, it's still free stuff so I can't complain a lot.
  • HONEY BOMBHONEY BOMB Member
    edited February 6
  • This must be the only game where extending an event that gives you free stuff is met with disapproval. I don't get it. Just play whenever you can play; some people will always have an advantage for whatever reason, and you can't completely fix that (different holidays, different time zones, different Internet speed, different device, etc). I wonder what percentage of players live in countries where it's a holiday these days anyway; my homeland, for example, has its Easter holiday on different dates (this year our Easter is in May) while many players don't even live in predominantly Christian countries. Since most players from these countries probably can't make it to the leaderboards, at least let us have a shot at crafting a couple of pows.
  • CubicCubic Member
    U said:

I couldn’t care less about it being extended. It’s just annoying that it ends on a Monday now. I’ll most likely have to skip school to win because everyone will be collecting eggs to stay in the top 100 the last day..

Overall I think the event is good. There’s nothing wrong with having the golden egg be so rare since it has a chance of giving you 500k+ items.

It also isn’t kewb’s fault they had to do a rollback. So it’s not Kewb’s fault he had to extend the event. You should be complaining to the people who abused the cubit bug, not Kewberth.

Exactly. Is this what SirKewberth wants? Kids skipping school for a virtual egg hunt?
  • Crimzo said:

U said:

Exactly. Is this what SirKewberth wants? Kids skipping school for a virtual egg hunt?
    ^
  • As U said, Kewberth had no idea there would be a cubit exploit in the Easter update. If he did, he would have fixed it. Bugs in updates show up days after the release because not everything can be tested in one day. The rollback was a smart decision to try and avoid what could have happened. The egg hunt being extended was a courtesy. Kewberth did not have to extend it and if he didn’t, so many people who have been angry with him. No matter what he does, there seems to always be people disagreeing with what Kewberth does.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Well.. I'm sorry if you guys didn't think this event went well. We did our best. It's clear a lot of things went wrong this time, but I'm not sure what we could have done differently. Perhaps the egg hunting event should only be a few days long so people aren't stressed out by it. But that was the whole point of adding gold eggs. So that even if you weren't chasing a top score you could still win a prize. With regards to the rarity of the eggs well... There's a limited prize pool, so if you have 10 thousand players searching for eggs and everyone finds 2 or 3... thats 20-30k prizes. So it wouldn't be rare prizes in that case. Maybe it would be better to have done it a little differently with more eggs, but we also have to learn what works and what doesn't by seeing how the events play out. This gold egg idea was new and was supposed to mimic a little the rare prizes you could fish.
    edited April 2021

Well.. I'm sorry if you guys didn't think this event went well. We did our best. It's clear a lot of things went wrong this time, but I'm not sure what we could have done differently. Perhaps the egg hunting event should only be a few days long so people aren't stressed out by it. But that was the whole point of adding gold eggs. So that even if you weren't chasing a top score you could still win a prize. With regards to the rarity of the eggs well... There's a limited prize pool, so if you have 10 thousand players searching for eggs and everyone finds 2 or 3... thats 20-30k prizes. So it wouldn't be rare prizes in that case. Maybe it would be better to have done it a little differently with more eggs, but we also have to learn what works and what doesn't by seeing how the events play out. This gold egg idea was new and was supposed to mimic a little the rare prizes you could fish.

Maybe the top 100 could get an egg too?

- edit: maybe the rush hour idea I told you about isn't such a bad idea ;)
  • PlayerPlayer Member
    edited April 2021
    I genuinely enjoy the event since I know what's at the end of the tunnel and I get to hunt with my friends.. and I also love the concept of gold eggs being an incentive for people not going for top 100 to search for eggs.. I just think that incentive needs to be closer to guaranteed rather than a slim chance.
  • CubicCubic Member
    Imo you’ve done a great job with the updates so far, Halloween, fishing and now Easter. What people are mainly mad about is the iOS glitches (which caused extended event) and the rollback. But even with the rollback you have still given us gifts :D
  • Well.. I'm sorry if you guys didn't think this event went well. We did our best. It's clear a lot of things went wrong this time, but I'm not sure what we could have done differently. Perhaps the egg hunting event should only be a few days long so people aren't stressed out by it. But that was the whole point of adding gold eggs. So that even if you weren't chasing a top score you could still win a prize. With regards to the rarity of the eggs well... There's a limited prize pool, so if you have 10 thousand players searching for eggs and everyone finds 2 or 3... thats 20-30k prizes. So it wouldn't be rare prizes in that case. Maybe it would be better to have done it a little differently with more eggs, but we also have to learn what works and what doesn't by seeing how the events play out. This gold egg idea was new and was supposed to mimic a little the rare prizes you could fish.

The event and updates so far are great. The rarity of the egg is good because there is a chance you can get 500k+ items. The rarity makes since if people want those 500k+ items.

Regardless of what you do, there will always be someone who disagrees and it’s impossible to please everyone. The execution and time put into this update was very good, and I thank you for it.
  • Well.. I'm sorry if you guys didn't think this event went well. We did our best. It's clear a lot of things went wrong this time, but I'm not sure what we could have done differently. Perhaps the egg hunting event should only be a few days long so people aren't stressed out by it. But that was the whole point of adding gold eggs. So that even if you weren't chasing a top score you could still win a prize. With regards to the rarity of the eggs well... There's a limited prize pool, so if you have 10 thousand players searching for eggs and everyone finds 2 or 3... thats 20-30k prizes. So it wouldn't be rare prizes in that case. Maybe it would be better to have done it a little differently with more eggs, but we also have to learn what works and what doesn't by seeing how the events play out. This gold egg idea was new and was supposed to mimic a little the rare prizes you could fish.

@SirKewberth Could you make the Gold eggs less rare like 1/250 eggs are Gold?
    That would be really awesome
  • keiner Vindaskeiner Vindas Member
    edited April 2021
    @SirKewberth it's good than we'll get 3 gold eggs in The event but i know to players than found 2,5k-3k of eggs and dont found 1, I play every Day like 6 hours and i dont found , later i saw in The chat than player than just have 100 or low eggs found got an egg, I really dont like The lucky in this event because if i still play like im playing now i'll never Will get my golden egg... Pls The community wanna than The egg will are more easy to get, pls made anything ...
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer

I liked the idea but we didn't have time to implement something new.
    edited April 2021

I liked the idea but we didn't have time to implement something new.
    It'd be amazing for next year :) if you remember- quick, rushing to do them events are fun :) The longer it lasts, the more boring it gets. Like i said to you, I loved the fishing tournament it was amazing- it felt a bit tedious after 15-20 days tho. if it was 2 weeks it would've ended perfectly
  • @SirKewberth what did the server restart do??
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

Easter is just cursed for you guys
  • Sigh
    Easter will never change
  • HONEY BOMBHONEY BOMB Member
    edited February 6