The Great Easter Rollback of 2021 (UPDATE)

SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
edited April 2021 in News & Announcements
Well as many of you may already know, a bug was uncovered recently that allowed cubits could be duplicated on the live server. Many players noticed this and took advantage. The result is that we had no choice but to roll-back the server to the point before the bug was exploited. This is the first time it's happened in Cubic Castles, and it has happened in other online games, so we're not unique in this.

So what does it mean exactly?

It means that we will all go back in time to a point before the bug. So any trades/purchases/building etc.. that have been done since then will be reversed. Basically it's like sending all Qbees back in time.

(1) What happens with egg hunt event? We were able to save off the easter egg event counts, so those won't be lost. Note that it appears some players are also cheating there and their counts will be voided. It's really pointless to cheat like this unless you don't want a prize. Another note -- if you found golden eggs we'll also be restoring those to you. (again unless you cheated)

(2) I bought cubits yesterday. If you rollback what happens to the cubits I bought? We will RE-run any purchases during the rollback period. (approximately a day and a half)

(3) Active players during rollback period will receive some rollback apology gifts. So if you logged in during the rollback period you can expect a few extras start on Easter.

Apologies to everyone affected but there was no easy way to fix this without going to a backup.

Comments

• SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Note if you had golden eggs and want them back please open a support ticket so we can verify them on the pre-rollback database.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    We'll be giving the first rollback bonus today instead of on Easter as I mentioned above.