ANDROID BUG BOUNTY - EARN 50k Cubits!

SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
edited April 2021 in Bug Reports
In order to get Android as stable as possible and reduce bugs, we're offering a 50k Cubit bounty to anyone who can report the following...

(1) A bug on android that leads to a crash of the app
(2) The method to reliably reproduce this crash - specific instructions!

If we're able to reliably reproduce the crash using your instructions and you were the FIRST to report it, then we'll award you the 50k. Please report the crashes and methods in this thread. Do not send them to me directly. This thread will count as who reported first.

Short Description
Android crashes when I hit this button
Steps to recreate
1. Go to the arctic mine
2. Hit the ice freeze button
3. crash

Anything not in the above format will be deleted.

If you want to include a video you can but please put it in spoiler tags.

THIS IS CLOSED FOR NOW - ANY BUGS REPORTED THAT ARE VERIFIED DURING OUR UPDATE PROCESS WILL STILL BE AWARDED - I KNOW ITS VERY SLOW BUT THERES A LIMIT TO HOW MANY UPDATES WE CAN MAKE.

Comments

• TatsukiTatsuki Member
    edited October 2020
    often when you join pen's yard rentals you crash on pc and sometimes on android too, i already posted the video on forum but here's the link kewb.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    edited October 2020
    Note only crashes that have reliable instructions and steps to reproduce a crash every time will be considered. You can't just post a video of a crash that happened with no instructions. We need very specific steps to be considered. And it must crash the same way every time.

Example...

Android crashes when I use two W's in chat
    Steps to reproduce -
    1.Hit chat button
    2. type in a chat and the word WW
    3. android will crash

• Note only crashes that have reliable instructions and steps to reproduce a crash every time will be considered. You can't just post a video of a crash that happened with no instructions. We need very specific steps to be considered. And it must crash the same way every time.

Example...

Android crashes when I use two W's in chat
    Steps to reproduce -
    1.Hit chat button
    2. type in a chat and the word WW
    3. android will crash

oh ok
  • CubicCubic Member
    edited October 2020
    I think this one might be already fixed, but it used to crash some people
    If you said kidzchat (6 numbers) (6 numbers) it would crash some people. E.g. kids chat 273645 283736
    It used to crash my device but not anymore.. so I think it's patched
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Thanks.. but please only report bugs that you know are currently crashing, and can reproduce. I believe that one was patched already yes.

• 1. Place Your Vending Machine
    2. Press Use
    3. Press the Cross (X) icon beside the cubit icon
    4. Press 'Set'
  • Player said:

1. Place Your Vending Machine
    2. Press Use
    3. Press the Cross (X) icon beside the cubit icon
    4. Press 'Set'

There is also the same with a cash register if:
    You trade with someone
    You press the cubit icon
    The other person presses cross (X) on the register
    You then press offer cubits
  • 1)in your realm/room do setups trusted only and trust someone (guy who u trusted able to reach them now)

2)make realm setups only me

3)(the guy still can see realm settings button) when the guy who u trusted open realm settings game will say 'you dont have permission to change setup' and he will stuck in black screen which is saying 'getting realm setups..'

you need to restart the game.. I hope it's understandable
  • CubicCubic Member
    edited October 2020
    Another one that doesn't technically crash you.. but forces you to restart the game.
    1) Someone /trades you with a glitched black warp food which says @ multiple times
    2) Press accept
    3) It appears with a huge screen which forces you to restart the game
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Crimzo said:

Another one that doesn't technically crash you.. but forces you to restart the game. If someone /trades you with a glitched black warp food which says @ multiple times, it appears with a huge screen which forces you to restart the game

That is on any device. He is looking for Android specific bugs.
    It can be on other devices so long as it also crashes Android. I see some reports here that seem viable for the bounty now. Note that bounties will only be paid after the bugs are reproduced and fixed so it may take a little time.
  • ZoirgotZoirgot Member
    edited October 2020
    i don't know, maybe it's just my device but i think crash happens when you minimize the app and then remove it. Then when you open the app and tap continue or start at home , it will load then crashes
  • Some bug that I always experience on android a10 and my brother has an a10 too is sometimes it just randomly crashes?When u also play in the game too long and type aswell u keyboard will go away also when u set price for Vend u can sometime lag out?I was buying an amulet today but my keyboard wouldnt work so I couldnt buy it please fix it!If u lag out and start from where uwere u can lag out and the game will close but if u press start at home it works
  • So heres mine.
    (Whisper crash bug)
    1) first make a whisper. Ex(whisper imalychee)
    2) if i cant scroll/find players' name i will press cancel.
    3) i crash D:
    Hope this helps :)
  • thepurelycheethepurelychee Member
    edited November 2020

So heres mine.
    (Whisper crash bug)
    1) first make a whisper. Ex(whisper imalychee)
    2) if i cant scroll/find players' name i will press cancel.
    3) i crash D:
    Hope this helps :)

Edit2: heres the video

Edit1&3: that bug is on my old phone samsung galaxy prime( its android 5.1)
    Edit4: after the small update (the /help thingy) I've noticed it now fixed. Will you give the cubits after a major update? @SirKewberth Thank you.
    Sincerely, lychee
  • CubicCubic Member
    edited October 2020
    1) Get chat lag (on android this happens quite frequently, where you can't open chat properly
    2) Minimise the game
    3 ) Go back on it and you will crash and the game will restart
  • CrepusCrepus Member
    edited October 2020
    If you get a crash during "requesting information", it's likely that you're gonna crash again when you enter a realm/overworld.
    Steps:
    1.) Launch the game.
    2.) If "requesting information" freezes, you'll crash.
    3.) Relaunch the game.
    4.) Move around for a bit, in about 1-3 seconds after that, the game freezes and crashes.

Emoji bug- If you select an emoji to chat, the game crashes immediately.
    Steps:
    1.) Open the chat.
    2.) Select any emoji from your virtual keyboard
    3.) Once you press, the game crashes.
    edited October 2020
    Ok this thread has gotten out of hand a bit.. I need to reign things in so I can follow the bugs. So going forward the only posts accepted here will be bug reports in this format... Everything else will be removed. This thread is for bug reports only.

Short Description
    Android crashes when I hit this button
    Steps to recreate
    1. Go to the arctic mine
    2. Hit the ice freeze button
    3. crash

Anything not in the above format will be deleted.

If you want to include a video you can but please put it in spoiler tags.

• edited October 2020
    I have recently tested this bug and it's still working.
    1)Open a trade in cash register.
    2)Open the offer cubits menu (where u add the cubits you want to give).
    3)The other person closes the trade.
    4)You add the cubuts you wanted to give.
    5)Your game crashes instantly when you press add cubits.
    Spoiler:
    https://streamable.com/anj298 shoutout to MEZO MEMO for helping.
  • >Peppermint<>Peppermint< Member
    edited October 2020
    1. Press the exit button at the top right and very quickly open the menu button.
    2. Press yes to leave the realm
    3. You will have the realm menu along with the leave realm that should be in the menu, clicking it will crash the game (of doing in one of your realms, the realm set up will also crash the game
    An easier way to do this is to be moving, open the menu with another finger, go to the exit that leads to the overworld and leave realm button
    Bug 2:
    1 Stand next to a computer
    2 Hold move joystick
    3 Use another finger to open realm set up, you will have control of your character.
    4 guide your way to the exit portal to the overworld, if you select done, it will say that you don't have permission and softlock the game, the only thing you can do is launch the game agaim
  • MEEPYZMEEPYZ Member
    edited November 2020
    1. Place down a fire trap
    2. Spam switch stamp
    3. Each time you switch it gets laggier and laggier
  • So this one happens one of three ways. Start game first time of the day; play and then crash; play and kill game to restart. This happens 97% of the time. I know it's not 100% criteria but it really is a crash problem.
    1. Open cubic castles on Android device.
    2. Log in.
    3. Choose either start at home or continue (happens either way)
    4. You enter a crash loop, game crashes. Follow steps 1-3 again, crashes, 3 to 4 times in a row before a successful login. This happens at minimum 97% of log in attempts.
  • ChimavinniChimavinni Member
    edited November 2020
    I canceled a friends request and my game crash. Each time I do that the game crash

(I am on a Motorola last generation)

Edit: a talk to some people and it seem to appened to everyone on phone
    Edit 2: eeemmmmh, sir, do you read the comment or no?
  • 1:Enter a 100x100 room
    2:Spam ocean stamp with bottomless stamp
    3:Screen freezes forever until you restart mobile (You can't press the main screen to close CC ) (Mobile)(I tried it on pc , It sometimes make CC crashes on pc)

• https://drive.google.com/file/d/13L1pDtcqK40nwGUex7twIr0p1YrJqwa0/view?usp=sharing
    When it's my first time to open cubic castles it crashes and says "Cubic Castles keeps stopping"
    1. Open cubic castles
    2. Enter username password then enter
    3. play
    4. agree the terms of service
    5. continue
    6. *crashes*
  • adamRIPadamRIP Member
    edited November 2020
    on mobile i will crash for no reason:
    1. i chat a bit
    2. chat bugs
    3. it crashes

Guys... it's not possible to collect the bounty on non-reproducible bugs. You need a bug that reproduces a crash with specific instructions every time. Random crashes that you can't explain don't count.
  • thepurelycheethepurelychee Member
    edited November 2020
    Here's another bug but it might be unnecessary...
    1) Pick any overworld in the search
    2) Press go and press the menu quickly after pressing go.
    3) Wait for the pop-up to be removed (ex. Wildlands share/close)
    4) Then click any button (I clicked friends button)
    5) You crash...
    Here is a video from youtube.

EDIT: The device Im using here is OppoA9..
    Then I noticed when you leave a realm, it does the same procedures (2,3,4,5)
    I have tried this bug more than 3 times.
    Thanks.

• Android crashes when I hit this button
    Steps to recreate
    1. Open chat
    2. add any emoji, enter, and
    3. crash
  • 1. Open friends list,
    2. Click on send friends request
    3. Canceled friends request
    4. Crash,

My account are Chimavinni
This discussion has been closed.