New Overworlds system - A FULL GUIDE

*Joystick**Joystick* Member
edited September 2020 in Community
Hello fellow Qbees! The new Overworlds system has now been released and it might be a little bit confusing for some players. Questions? Answers! Let me help you out with this new feature. ^^
Reading the entire guide will provide the maximum pieces of information we know at the moment.

Overworlds system - A FULL GUIDE

How does it works?

Leaving a realm will lead you either an official overworld or one made by another player. Click on the top right icon to open the selection window. You will find here available overworlds. The first on the list (with a Cosmic Cow icon) are the official realms, the others are made by players. Clicking on a name and "Go" will make you travel to the selected overworld.

You do not find the overworld you would like to visit? Or searching for a particular realm? Click on the same button, and now on the magnifying glass button. It will display a window with the ongoing events, your realms and overworlds (they're in the same list), popular realms and 2 searching tabs : one for the realms, the other for the overworlds.

Create your own Overworld

Ready to own your proper Overworld? Let's get into it then!
Owning an Overworld might be expensive at first sight but it is worth it if well done/managed.
First, you will have to buy an Overworld, in the "Build" section of the Cubit Store. Then buy at least 1 Overworld Pack. With those in hands, you're ready to set it up!

Go in any overworld and click on the top right icon and on the magnifying glass (like you would search a realm). In your realms & overworlds list, a new grey slot should've appeared. Click on it and choose a name! Congratulations, you're now in your own Overworld! The portal at the center is the entrance/exit. You will spawn on a flat surface made of Overworld grass, overworld scrub and surroounded by overworld ocean.

It's now time to pimp it! This is where the Overworld pack enters the scene. This pack contains a Castle Crowbar, 10 Castle Spots, 5 Spawn Points, 6 Mine Stamps, 2500 Overworld Grass, 2500 Overworld Mountain, 2500 Overworld Scrub, 2500 Overworld Ocean and 2500 Overworld Sand.

First thing to know, some blocks you can mine in the ... mines >.> can be used in your overworld alongside some craftable items. Which ones precisely? Every block / material you can use in there appear like this in your inventory :
(left : can't be used in your overworld // right : can be used)

Now your turn to build a nice atmosphere! We're now a harder ~ yet easy ~ part : how to place realms & mines! And what do the Crowbar, Castle Spots and Spawn points do.

in order to set any place (realm or mine) you will need a Castle Spot. This block is mandatory, otherwise you won't be able to place anything. Place one where you want the realm/mine to be.

Now, grab your Realm Papers and click on that block. Tada! Your realm is now accessible! Castle stamps act the same way as before : click on the stamp then on the realm and boom!

This is the same mechanism for the mines. Place a castle Spot down, select a mine stamp and click on the block! The Overworld Pack offers a stamp of every mine (Forest, Arctic, Mountain, Desert, Tropical and Deep Forest)!

To get rid off any realm or mine, select the Castle Crowbar and click on the realm/mine you wish to remove. Doing this on a realm will give you back the Realm papers and the stamp if there was one. Doing it on a mine will give you back the respective mine stamp. After removing a place, the Castle Spot you used to place your realm/mine will appear. Up to you to get the spot back and place it somewhere else!

About the Spawn points. You can place as many as you want in your overworld. This is where the players will spawn if they enter your overworld by searching it. Also, the player teleporting to someone else will spawn on the nearest spawn point available around that player.

Icon blocks have been added alongside this new Overworld update. 6 of them exist and 5 are available to buy for 2.500c in the Cubit Store*. Placing one in your Overworld will change its icon in the list. You can place several icon blocks in, but only the first one you placed will remain as your Overworld icon.

*Star, Map, Blocks, Planet, Qbee + Cosmic Cow.

Additional Pieces of Information

(1) Castles and mines can float and be accessed from below.

(2) Environnement Stamps work in overworlds.

(3) Official Overworlds have a special & unique Cosmic Cow icon block inside them.

(4) : You can eat warpfood in any overworld.

(5) : Cars can be used as well in the overworlds.

(6) : You can own several overworlds.

(7) : By placing a mine in your Overworld, you create a doorway to a public mine. This mine will consequently not be private. 2 same mines* placed in an overworld will eventually lead to the same mine (ref here). To lead to different ones, make sure to change the spot of one of them.
*2 forest mines for instance.

(8) : Using the wheel scroll will zoom in & zoom out. (PC players)

Here's also a video made by @Space_Fetus :

Comments

• SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Great guide thanks!
  • whatre those bumpers with icons on it i saw em in player overworlds lol
  • whatre those bumpers with icons on it i saw em in player overworlds lol

They're icons for the overworlds list. i'm going to add those and update some logos soon :)
  • Good job
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Thanks for working this up. It's really helpful. I pinned it for now because it is something everyone needs to have easy access to.
  • People who can't afford own Over worlds, Where can they put their realms?
    The personal overworlds are mostly for people that have a lot of realms to display as sort of a home base or lobby. There is no official overworld to place your realm. If you can't afford one or don't want your own then your realm can be found through the realm search that you can access in any overworld. You can also place your realms in a friends overworld if you want to. Since the deed can be attached to multiple overworlds you can give your friend your deed, they can assign it a place in their overworld and then give you your deed back.
  • *Joystick**Joystick* Member
    edited September 2020
    Updated the pics and added icon blocks! :D

Thanks for working this up. It's really helpful. I pinned it for now because it is something everyone needs to have easy access to.

Thanks ^^
  • Thanks for making this! Also isn't each "Overworld Pack" gives you 2.5k overworld blocks? (Grass, mountain, sand, scrub, ocean)
  • Alvin! said:

Thanks for making this! Also isn't each "Overworld Pack" gives you 2.5k overworld blocks? (Grass, mountain, sand, scrub, ocean)

Yup, and they reduced the amount of spawn points ^^
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer

The personal overworlds are mostly for people that have a lot of realms to display as sort of a home base or lobby. There is no official overworld to place your realm. If you can't afford one or don't want your own then your realm can be found through the realm search that you can access in any overworld. You can also place your realms in a friends overworld if you want to. Since the deed can be attached to multiple overworlds you can give your friend your deed, they can assign it a place in their overworld and then give you your deed back.

We did have a plan for a rental style realmspot called a wildspot... but they're not in yet. I'm not sure if we will add them. But that was one idea anyway.
  • Alvin! said:

Thanks for making this! Also isn't each "Overworld Pack" gives you 2.5k overworld blocks? (Grass, mountain, sand, scrub, ocean)

Yup, and they reduced the amount of spawn points ^^
    Oh okay.

We did have a plan for a rental style realmspot called a wildspot... but they're not in yet. I'm not sure if we will add them. But that was one idea anyway.
    Kewberth, it is possible to add cracked earth and snowy scrub for us?? And I have a question, why black plasters are able to put in overworld but not the others color? Btw can you make ice, dirt, grass, tropical grass and deep forest grass able to build in overworld? Oh and, when using twilight stamp, our qbees still glowing xD
  • Pin this
    edited September 2020

Pin this

I pinned it right after Joystick posted it.
  • -JZ--JZ- Member
    edited September 2020
    Another update: You can zoom in or out now using scroll wheel (only for pc users for now)
  • -JZ- said:

Another update: You can zoom in or out now using scroll wheel (only for pc users for now)

oh wow that looks so weird
    We will try to bring it to mobile as pinch zoom.. but we can't do quick mobile updates because of the way the online stores work.
  • The Web-version of Cubic castles opened, so you should add that to this
  • MEEPYZ said:

The Web-version of Cubic castles opened, so you should add that to this

Not related to the Overworlds use itself so no need I assume ^^ But I'll keep that in mind
  • This was amazingly helpful :D
  • This was amazingly helpful :D

Glad it helped :D
  • i am larrysi am larrys Member
    edited December 2020
    Can we use Crops to plant there? :/
  • Not that I know