Overworld 2 -- problems/bugs thread

SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
Overworld 2 will open shortly. While we've done what we can to try and make this as bug free as possible... It's a really big change, so we do expect some issues may still come up. Probably of all the changes we've made this is the one that has the most danger of serious problems. We hope it's relatively smooth of course, but this thread is here to report problems you may run into.

Comments

• UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I’m excited. :)
  • I'm very excited.. Good luck kewb! ❤
  • Very happy for the new overworld update!
  • The servers are down, what happened?
  • I log on and get to see the overworld for a brief few seconds before the servers went down *sobs*. Was about to type HI ANGUISHIRE as he was the first person to greet me when I logged on. THE TRAGEDY, THE CRIME AGAINST CORAL KIND. SUMMER TIME SADNESS.
    Any news @SirKewberth ?
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    There's some problem.. we got immediate crashes when we opened up. We're still trying to solve it. It seem unrelated to overworld 2 directly, but rather related to quests. The questline changed because of new town center etc.. How exactly that is breaking things is currently not clear. Still working on it. :-(
  • Hopefully things resolve quickly because I AM EXCITED TO SEE ALL YOUR HARD WORK that you put into this update.
  • after the update I can't play because it keeps showing lost connection, my internet is normal
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    A lot of people seem a little confused about the server going up and down. Despite many public betas we're seeing problems and we're restarting a lot to fix as we go. Just have a little patience. Things will stabilise soon. I see people complaining as well about the new navigation and lobbies and so on.. I expect some of that but give it a little time to get used to the new way.
    Another note I'd like to make. This is ... version 1 ... we're going to keep tweaking it as we see how things go. The world list, the way things work, which blocks you can use etc.. are all going to be tweaked. Gotta start somewhere before we can polish.
  • I had plants growing during before the server update, will they die During the downtime?
    edited September 2020

A lot of people seem a little confused about the server going up and down. Despite many public betas we're seeing problems and we're restarting a lot to fix as we go. Just have a little patience. Things will stabilise soon. I see people complaining as well about the new navigation and lobbies and so on.. I expect some of that but give it a little time to get used to the new way.

I would assume you guys aren't restarting the server every 15 seconds? I can't stay in a realm for longer then that without disconnecting.

Its probably just stability, but..
  • We can't make names with ><:,. and the other characters like that anymore
  • CrepusCrepus Member
    edited September 2020
    Minor bug, but overworld oceans become invisible when fadey foamed (only in realms).
    MEEPYZ said:

We can't make names with ><:,. and the other characters like that anymore</p>

That is intentional I believe.
  • U said:

MEEPYZ said:

We can't make names with ><:,. and the other characters like that anymore</p>

That is intentional I believe.
    I thought it was only for beta, and it would be upsetting that people cant make unique usernames anymore
  • So my name is against the law :O:! Don't take my sword away o[]xxx[]:::::::::::::>.

• standing near this forest mine causes it to go to a different random realm idk why
  • It seems to keep disconnecting me even when I am in my own realm. Around every minute I get disconnected.
  • DaddyyyDaddyyy Member
    edited September 2020
    If the owner of an over world changes the realm setting of "Who can access this realm" to "Me only" then anyone who previously was in that over world last (if they haven't been to a different over world but a realm only) will be stuck in an endless loop of connecting - reconnecting, etc. This will happen when resetting the game as well since it tries to connect to gather realm information even when choosing "Start at home." The only way out of this we have found is for the owner to give access back to the player stuck in the loop. That probably isn't that easy for most players on the game. A malicious hollerwarp could cause a lot of issues.
    Mobile - Android
  • ZoirgotZoirgot Member
    edited September 2020
    It stucks to requesting connection when I go to another overworld
  • You can't type the character ) in the chat. When you try to do that, it deletes everything you wrote and closes the keyboard. It happens to other users too.

OnePlus Nord (10), Android.

You can't type the character ) in the chat. When you try to do that, it deletes everything you wrote and closes the keyboard. It happens to other users too.

Did I mess something up?
  • I bought two over world packs and placed both deep forest but they go to the same mine. Shouldn't they go to two different mines? Else there needs to be a note for people before they spend cubits.
  • U said:

You can't type the character ) in the chat. When you try to do that, it deletes everything you wrote and closes the keyboard. It happens to other users too.

Did I mess something up?
    Same happened to me. On Android phone.
    Daddyyy said:

I bought two over world packs and placed both deep forest but they go to the same mine. Shouldn't they go to two different mines? Else there needs to be a note for people before they spend cubits.

There's a set of mines and when you place one it will go randomly (based on a few things) to one of the set. We will probably increase the number of mines soon. If 2 mines are going to the SAME mine.. you can try repositioning it, but yes they're MINE ENTRANCE stamps not unique mines.
  • No instant teleport to where u want to go like the old overworld , need to walk long :0
  • U said:

Did I mess something up?
    he's talking about this one -> :)
    bcoz I have the same problem too
  • I would like to inform@SirKewberth here. When I go to locked overworld, I can’t get in, it will result in jumping automatically from where I stand. I’m not sure if it’s sole me.