Please Reconsider Block Limitation

I understand the reason the limited to specific blocks when building in the overworld but I feel that the trade off is not worth crippling one can creatively do. The main overworlds make sense only being built with specific blocks as they are what will be most trafficked. Side worlds will not see that traffic and limiting what one can do for a small audience is not worth the trade off. I wanted to create a moon colony themed world with glass domes that housed different environments but that will not be possible with the current plans. Please at least consider in the future expanding to at almost all blocks.

Comments

• SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    edited July 2020
    This is not a... we felt like it so we limited your creativity because we just wanted to.. scenario. This is a.... a lot of people are playing on phones that simply can't display 4Million triangles every frame. 3 sides of a block are 6 triangles. Some other blocks are 200+ triangles. So when you combine the extra triangles with the ability to see many more blocks (zoomed out) you start removing some people from being able to play the game.

Also blocks that are animated are much slower as well since they have to change graphics memory every frame.
  • Never realized the game gos off of triangular block designs
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

This is not a... we felt like it so we limited your creativity because we just wanted to.. scenario. This is a.... a lot of people are playing on phones that simply can't display 4Million triangles every frame. 3 sides of a block are 6 triangles. Some other blocks are 200+ triangles. So when you combine the extra triangles with the ability to see many more blocks (zoomed out) you start removing some people from being able to play the game.

Also blocks that are animated are much slower as well since they have to change graphics memory every frame.

Maybe make a setting that reverses zoom out on older devices?