Couple of notes on skycam and other changes in update

SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
The title screen was modded slightly so larger names can fit nicely in the box.

You will notice that some inventory items display a kind of blueish background. this is prepping for overworld update. The ones with that background can be used while building in overworlds.

/skycam is a new mini-feature for screenshots. /skycam followed by a number 1 to 5 will give you different zoom levels. You can also use /nofog with it if you feel it helps. I'm informed that mannequins dont show up with skycam. That's because "qbees" get hidden. I will try to improve that in a future version. Skycam only works with steam right now but when the mobile updates go through it will work there as well though it may be slow on older devices as it has to draw A LOT more blocks. I will also mention in passing that skycam was inspired by screenshots Kewbin did of racetracks for the recent instragram sharing thread.

Comments

• SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Oh.. One thing I forgot to mention. Skycam turns off if anyone moves in initial release... we re-updated steam to fix that so that it only does it if YOU move. That update may not be out yet. So ... for now it's best to do screenshots while alone if you run into that issue.
  • Will this feature be able on phone too?
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Yes it's coming to the phone builds in next update as well.
  • DjCatHDDjCatHD Member
    edited June 2020

Yes it's coming to the phone builds in next update as well.

Ok , there is a exact date when summer update will be released? or its confidential? or some leaks?
    No details on summer updates yet
  • DjCatHDDjCatHD Member
    edited June 2020
    Ok , im sorry for asking i just want leaks it would make cc more fun and players would play cc more in my opinion
  • KuRt...KuRt... Member
    edited June 2020
    I just want to say "THANK YOU!!!" for making this possible sir kewberth! These commands are like every builder's dream and surely, this will help cc's community to grow much better!!! thank youu thank youu!
  • Explosions are visible while cannon bullets are not in skycam mode
  • MEEPYZMEEPYZ Member
    edited June 2020
    If you log out with skycam on and then log back in, skycam stays on and doing /skycam in the overworld just makes you invisible and doesn't zoom out
  • Thank you kew !!!!!
  • What can i say, thankSSS
  • cool
  • You thank Kewbin 10/10
  • Hello @SirKewberth ,
    First of all I would like to thank you and everyone else who worked on this for your excellent job, it looks so nice and it is really really useful. It can also help finding ores near the edges of mines and remove the fog from some Arctic Mines that used to be really foggy. Needless to mention, it obviously helps in many other ways too. Though, I wanted to mention that when you /skycam, items than have been dropped or placed inside a glass turn invisible, including their shadows. I don't know if this can be fixed but even if it can't, such a trivial detail can even be considered decorative. Thank you once again for the update :)
  • /lock?
  • Cafe De TernoCafe De Terno Member
    edited June 2020
    Thank you for this new feature
    https://imgur.com/YMyBHt2
  • The title screen was modded slightly so larger names can fit nicely in the box.

You will notice that some inventory items display a kind of blueish background. this is prepping for overworld update. The ones with that background can be used while building in overworlds.

/skycam is a new mini-feature for screenshots. /skycam followed by a number 1 to 5 will give you different zoom levels. You can also use /nofog with it if you feel it helps. I'm informed that mannequins dont show up with skycam. That's because "qbees" get hidden. I will try to improve that in a future version. Skycam only works with steam right now but when the mobile updates go through it will work there as well though it may be slow on older devices as it has to draw A LOT more blocks. I will also mention in passing that skycam was inspired by screenshots Kewbin did of racetracks for the recent instragram sharing thread.

Is there is any other ways to mark block/items that can be used in the next over world update? It just looks weird, at first i thought it a broken file or a bug lol.
    Maybe just make a list of them or in the description of the item when we hold it?
    Or is it just temporary until another idea to mark?
  • MEEPYZMEEPYZ Member
    maybe make the command /fog because it seems to be a fog toggle

also, thanks for this update, helps builders display their builds
  • MEEPYZ said:

maybe make the command /fog because it seems to be a fog toggle

also, thanks for this update, helps builders display their builds

Yeah it dkse really help =V
  • When do you think the update will be out?
    himohima said:

Is there is any other ways to mark block/items that can be used in the next over world update? It just looks weird, at first i thought it a broken file or a bug lol.
    Maybe just make a list of them or in the description of the item when we hold it?
    I tried some other ways. I didn't like them better. Maybe you just need to get used to it? I'm open to ideas, but the other stuff I tried was worse for me.
  • MEEPYZMEEPYZ Member
    edited June 2020

himohima said:

I tried some other ways. I didn't like them better. Maybe you just need to get used to it? I'm open to ideas, but the other stuff I tried was worse for me.
    Maybe, when you enter the overworld those items get highlighted.
    or your own overworld it gets highlighted.
    I donno.. I guess its a bit surprising at first but I don't even really notice it now since it's been on for me for a few months.
  • MEEPYZ said:

himohima said:

Maybe, when you enter the overworld those items get highlighted.
    or your own overworld it gets highlighted.
    i guess yes we will need to get used, But it still looks weird lol. And maybe when we join the overworld
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited June 2020

@SirKewberth Obviously it would look a little better if you shaded it instead of having it one solid color like I do. But I think you could change the black outline on the overworld allowed blocks to the bluish color.
  • himohimahimohima Member
    edited June 2020
    U said:

@SirKewberth Obviously it would look a little better if you shaded it instead of having it one solid color like I do. But I think you could change the black outline on the overworld allowed blocks to the bluish color.

Don't tag admins =P you know Sirkew Will pass by it sooo don't tag him for stuf like that =P
    Wow, nice one
    +1
  • KewbinKewbin Member

himohima said:

I tried few different styles here... First image is the current one.

• Kewbin said:

himohima said:

I tried few different styles here... First image is the current one.

mmmm, Okay the last and the third one looks niceee
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    himohima said:

U said:

Don't tag admins =P you know Sirkew Will pass by it sooo don't tag him for stuf like that =P
    Wow, nice one
    +1
    ???
  • CrepusCrepus Member
    edited June 2020
    The skycam feature is great and useful ^^

Edit: Thundah beat me to it 😅
This discussion has been closed.