GUIDE - HOW TO FIX CUBIC CASTLES STEAM PROBLEMS

Daresx11Daresx11 Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
edited January 2023 in Bug Reports
Hello everyone, this is a small guide that may help solve a few problems related to the steam version.
This guide can solve some textures bugs, and should also work when you have login problems.
Let's go with the guide :)
( PC )

IMPORTANT!! (Set & Record your CC username and password before deleting the AppData folder).
Step 1

Go to your keyboard and press the keys"Windows left + R "

You will get a window like this

Step 2

In this little window, you will put %appdata%

Then you will accept it.

Step 3

You will get these 3 folders:

You will enter "Roaming"

You will find a folder named "Cubic"

What you will have to do with that folder is to delete it.
Note: Be careful to remove the one that is not, before removing something check either that says "Cubic", If you delete the one that is not your computer could fail

And ready to download again from steam.

I hope it works if it is so leave your comment if it works or not, Thanks

-Daresx11
12.png 472.3K
13.jpg 28.2K
14.jpg 28.4K
15.jpg 16.8K
16.jpg 16.9K

Comments

• BeIfastBeIfast ChileMember
    So helpfull!
  • Daresx11Daresx11 Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    eagence said:

@Horus can this be pinned to bug reports in forum to help others...

Nice guide to help daresx11 ^_^

(Just a small edit of info, that fix is not for loading issues but just for texture issues or graphic isssues as well as parental password issues, not for stucking in loading screen but it still helps many people ^_^ )

Before the post I talked to Horus to give me permission and where to put it said that here
    Thanks for your opinion :)
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    edited April 2017
    An additional note. People need to be super careful when deleting folders in appdata.
    If you delete the wrong ones you can seriously mess up your computer.
    gdog said:

An additional note. People need to be super careful when deleting folders in appdata.

Thank you, I will add, but I hope I have explained the guide well so that nothing happens.
    edited April 2017
    Daresx11 said:

gdog said:

Thank you, I will add, but I hope I have explained the guide well so that nothing happens.
    Yeah you did, but this need to be said. Young/inexperienced people may use this guide.
    Support will not be able to fix issues if they delete the wrong folders.

Also you didn't specify that they need to go the the roaming folder when you get to appdata to find the cubic folder.
    edited April 2017
    gdog said:

Daresx11 said:

gdog said:

Yeah you did, but this need to be said. Young/inexperienced people may use this guide.
    Support will not be able to fix issues if they delete the wrong folders.

Also you didn't specify that they need to go the the roaming folder when you get to appdata to find the cubic folder.
    I did not put it because I think it automatically leads but I'll put it, Thanks.

Edited well do you think the lack of adding something?
    eagence said:

gdog said:

When you open it from run with "%appdata%" it directly leads you to "roaming" as I know...

You need to open it from hidden folders to access "local" or just go superior folder when you access "roaming"...
    Yeah good point. didn't notice that. I always go thru the folders instead of search.
  • Nice guide
    Aj Baryza said:

Nice guide

Thanks you! :)
  • Piratax10Piratax10 Member
    edited April 2017
    Sad that theres no other devices here .-.
    Piratax10 said:

Sad that theres no other devices here .-.

For Android or ios im still do not know how, but I imagine that in android or ios only uninstalls and I delete everything :)

• OH, Now I understand what I did once. Yea I messed up my textures once so I messed around with files until I fixed it- Although Now I just realized that this is what I did.. Adding Added this favorites so I know what to do next time I mess things up and forget stuff like I always do >o<

OH, Now I understand what I did once. Yea I messed up my textures once so I messed around with files until I fixed it- Although Now I just realized that this is what I did.. Adding Added this favorites so I know what to do next time I mess things up and forget stuff like I always do >o<</p>

:D
    Who has used this guide has solved the problem well?
    :D
    bump
  • All my texture problems resolve by a game or PC restart . And I guess you have more chance to get a texture problem if you less with them in the first place 3-3?
  • LateCom said:

OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD THANKS DARESX!!!!!! EVEN MODS COULDNT FIX THE PROBLEM BUT THIS PROCESS DID! THANKS!

"Even mods" they can't go in your PC to make all the steps themselves
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    edited August 2017
    One missing important factor within this guide:
    Set & Record your CC username and password before deleting the appdata folder.
    LateCom said:

OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD THANKS DARESX!!!!!! EVEN MODS COULDNT FIX THE PROBLEM BUT THIS PROCESS DID! THANKS!

I glad that it worked you well :D
    BUMP
  • i am having an issue on pc windows 7 i download cc i finish and try to run the game it says could not find a compaitble pixel format ...
  • %Appdata% is only the APPLICATION writed info, You cant mess your PC or it system by that, It will just reset any app on pc setting, appdata does not store any system informations, the microsoft folder can be deleted easily, not even secured by os file protection, uh so yeah, not really that hard, Other ways if you have like game saves or anything writed by games or anything well yeah you could lose it.
    bump.
  • Thanks! I'll try that! It might help prevent my pc crashing!

Thanks! I'll try that! It might help prevent my pc crashing!

Ok, Hope this can help you
    Bump.
    Bump.
  • darkpqdarkpq Member
    Don't forget that a option is just reloading the game
    Bump Guide!.
    Bump!. I know this is an old guide (from 2017) but I think it still works... and maybe can still help someone with some bugs that they may have.