Official Wiki needs YOU!

HorusHorus EnglandMember, Forum Moderator, Retired Moderator
edited February 2018 in General Chat

We are re-opening our Official Wiki once again! With a small twist... to be able to contribute, you will need to apply for the Editor status and be approved by either me or any of our Chief Editors (yet to be assigned). If you'll actively contribute, you might even become a Chief Editor yourself!

Editor:

• A user able to contribute to the wiki.
  • Has the following rights: Create/Edit/Move/Reupload owned images

Requirements:
  • Minimum of 50 comments on the forum.
  • Forum account older than a month.

Chief Editor:

• A trusted user able to both contribute and manage the wiki and its Editors.
  • Has the following rights: Editor's + Delete/Undelete/Reupload all images/Add or remove Editors/Edit protected pages

Requirements:
  • Minimum of 10 high-quality wiki pages created.
  • Have been actively improving the wiki for over a month (at any point in time).
  • Good knowledge of the MediaWiki platform.

How to apply:

1. Check if you fit the requirements.
  2. Create a wiki account (if you do not have one).
  3. Reply to this thread using the following format, it will be treated as your application:
    • The position you are applying for.
    • Your wiki username.
    • Briefly tell us if you have any experience with the MediaWiki platform and list a few pages you are planning to add/edit.

If your application gets accepted, your wiki account will be given the status. Keep an eye on this list -
http://wiki.cubiccastles.com/index.php/Special:Log/rights

Got the position?

Congratulations, and a huge thank you! We wouldn't be able to keep it up to date without our community's help.

To get started, familiarise yourself with our editing guide. It includes all the important information you need to know, and provides pre-made page templates for you to use! - http://wiki.cubiccastles.com/index.php/Wiki_Editing

If you happen to be a Chief Editor, you are now free to review applications on this discussion. If you see someone matching the requirements, you can use this link to give them the status (enter username, tick editor box, click save) - http://wiki.cubiccastles.com/index.php?title=Special:UserRights

If someone is misbehaving, you can also use this link to take the status away.

Comments

• Can I apply for the editor role?
    Wiki name: *Darkness*
    I have no experience with MediaWiki platforms but I am a quick learner - I am planning to edit/add:
    - farming
    - packs/events
    - pets
  • MarieAraMarieAra MexicoMember
    edited February 2018
    I'm here to happily apply :D Forum account is almost 2 years old and I've got experience with Wiki editing. Wiki username is the same as here, MarieAra.
  • HorusHorus EnglandMember, Forum Moderator, Retired Moderator
    Applications reviewed.

Please make sure to follow the given format and always list your wiki username (even if it is the same as your forum one). It will make it much clearer for us :)
  • I would like to apply for Editor, please.
    Username: Raizusekku
    I have quite a bit of experience with MediaWiki and I had recently edited the Update Log page and few other pages like Farming Levels/Perks and such. I am also planning on updating the perks page and fixing the broken images, if possible. Well, I was going to and then the spam happened.
  • CD87CD87 Member
    edited February 2018
    Position applying: Chief Editor
    Wiki username: CD87
    I've been active on wiki since the day it was released, until the whole "free to contribute without approval" thing made it really messy. At that time, I made over 50 pages, but mostly they were material pages because it was hard to get a page approved.
    I used to edit and create a lot in a few other games' wikis in the past, so I think I have enough experence to take the role, even though I'm not really familiar with PHP code.
    I'm planning to continue devoting more material pages that are still missing, and of course, a few big ones such as game features (Parkour, Pvp), guides and wiki re-arrangement (The last one is optional, as I haven't studied it really throughly yet.

-----
    (Not related to the application, just a normal comment about this thread)
    Good to hear that the wiki is back in action!
    The solution is great to solve the spam problem, but don't you think there will be a shortage of editors?
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Postition applying for: Editor
    Wiki username: Dragon
    I do not have much experience with it. But, I want to contribute and think I would be fine with it. I want to add a page(s) for recipes which would be alphabetically ordered. I also want to update the events page with the events that Space is currently hosting, and previous ones he has hosted.
  • _DaPerson__DaPerson_ CanadaMember
    Position: Editor
    Username: DaPerson
    I've used MediaWiki before when the wiki was open for anyone to edit. I plan on updating the blocks page to be up to date, as well as contributing to individual block pages which have not been created. (e.g. cactus)
  • edited February 2018
    I would like to accept the role of editior
    My forum name is Elf
    I've not much experience but I know how to make things better and I learn really quickly I'm also online quite a lot to help
    My forum account is quite a few months old
    I definitely have more than 50 comments
    I'm planning on updating the staff list so it's up to date, the level and perks and quests

Thank you
  • Applying for Editor

Username: Knyze

No experience whatsoever but I want to help the community in any possible way I can. Been a forumer since the first forum.
  • I would like to apply for being an Editor. Not much know clearly on mediawiki but I can easily know the basic commands and I can do my best on helping fixing/adding broken pics, add more information, and sort things into specific places.
    Just made an account. Mostly just reading/exploring the wiki without being registered :p .

User: Medications
    edited February 2018
    Applications reviewed!

CD87 has been granted the Chief Editor rank, he can now review applications and update this thread just as I do.

At the moment, we think that this solution is best. If someone would like to edit, they just need to apply here, and it will keep the (bot) spam away. Surely it was easier to edit without this process, but we think that if someone is dedicated enough to help, spending a minute here won't be an issue.
  • Application for Chief Editor.
    Wiki name: Kewbin
    I've added missing info to some basic pages and used to continuously update them since the release of CC Wiki. I also made some pages for the clothing and created Quest List page. Besides that I tried to help to clear the spam pages. So I can tell my experience with Wiki is more than sufficient.
    I'd like to continue update the Wiki pages and possibly add new ones.
  • Just a question @Horus and @CD87 who has the roles so far of editor?
  • can i become an editor?
  • I'd like to apply for editor
    Wiki username: Fightersfight
    I'm just made a new account on it so I don't understand it much but if editing in it uses codes such as the comments and the discussions then I'm pretty okay with that if not then I'll learn how to use it but I am a fast learner on how to use stuff I know my account dosnt meet some of the requirements but I'm just posting this for later on when I finally meet all the requirements Also I'm a touch typer (typing without looking at the keyboard) and a fast typer I'm also on IOS I know certain links that will allow codes such as backgrounds animated pics or cool text if wiki does use codes just give me an hour or so and I'll get the hang of it
  • Just a question @Horus and @CD87 who has the roles so far of editor?

Even though posting here would be the most viable option, there would be just too many comments to scroll and names to write.
    Therefore, I will give a link to this page instead: http://wiki.cubiccastles.com/index.php/Special:Log/rights

Mind adding this link to the thread as well? @Horus
    CD87 said:

Just a question @Horus and @CD87 who has the roles so far of editor?

Even though posting here would be the most viable option, there would be just too many comments to scroll and names to write.
    Therefore, I will give a link to this page instead: http://wiki.cubiccastles.com/index.php/Special:Log/rights

Mind adding this link to the thread as well? @Horus
    Ah yes, that's a good idea, link added. Instead of bumping this thread to say applications were reviewed, lets just use this log to track the progress.

Kewbin has also been granted the Chief Editor rank, he can now review applications alongside CD87 and give qualified users the Editor status. I have added some information in regards to that on the bottom of the main post.
  • Mad Dog GamerMad Dog Gamer Member
    edited February 2018
    ------lost interest------
  • Application: Editor
    Username: ExCelsius

I dont really have that much experience with the wiki, but I would like to help out in putting information there that will help other players in the game...
  • Applying For: Editor
    Wiki Username: Hrothgar

I have basic experience with MWiki and like others before me, I would like to share all my knowledge of the game with others.
  • I'm applying for Editor.
    Wiki name : -Joystick-

I think the game staff list needs to be completed! Other than this, a few crafting recipes that are missing and some other pages like how to protect us against scams...
  • Professional KillerProfessional Killer GreeceForum Moderator, Retired Moderator
    Just a short reminder, Staff List can be currently updated only by Wiki Admins or Chief Editors.
  • Applying for editor
    Wiki: Goldbuster

I do not really have that much experience with the Wiki, I tried to add photos.. then i failed.
    I just need to get used to the controls to do better.
    I'm planning to make pages about the pages that hasn't been made.

I am inactive at the moment since our wifi was taken away and now im using my mom's phone.
  • Editor (atm, wanna be chief editor later)

=SIR NOAHISCOOL=

I will make tips and tricks, how to make c, how to get good at parkours, and how not to get scammed
  • Do I have to be an editor in order to become a chief editor
  • I would like to request for editor. I have a bit of experience and I have managed to find my way around so far. I want to make pages on how to stay secure, make a thriving farm, and for new players, how to get around. My username is the same here, fightersfight. I know my account is 2 weeks old but I've been on cc for 2 years, I did not know about the forums and when I did, I tried to make an account but it said it sent me an email when it didn't, I continusly tried until one day at night, I finally got an email to verify so my account is supposed to be older but it didn't work.

You can become chief editor straight away like Kewbin, Eagence and me. However, only Horus (and those who are in "Administrator" group) can make you a chief editor.
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator

...I will make tips and tricks, how to make c, how to get good at parkours, and how not to get scammed

The wiki currently needs more base information at this stage, rather than extracurricular guides & tips. The forums makes a better platform for such things imo.
  • BJDware said:

...I will make tips and tricks, how to make c, how to get good at parkours, and how not to get scammed

The wiki currently needs more base information at this stage, rather than extracurricular guides & tips. The forums makes a better platform for such things imo.
    Preach ^^
This discussion has been closed.