A mod owned pricing realm

It's bad enough that the economy in the game calls for qbees to look for a place to price items to sell them. But no one seems to keep their pricing realm. This game is based on pricing the junk you need to sell for cubits. We need a reliable place that mods own so qbees don't get duped. I hate posting this, but a pricing realm is needed because of how this game is. Currently there are no realms with prices..... This is a scam waiting to happen. The game presses on and lives in this direction and I feel that something should be added or done to keep it going.

Comments

• WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I think there are a few problems with this idea (this is just my opinion, not that of the other mods). I understand your frustration and your point but.....

-Mods already have enough to do. Between handling tickets, texture approvals, running to hollas and handling various things that come up when we are online, we stay busy enough. We are also trying to help run more events to keep everyone happy and entertained. Remember, we are not payed employees, we are trusted players who have been asked to help out and we like to take time to enjoy the game too when we can. Monitoring sales and keeping a fair record of current prices for every item takes a lot of time and work for anyone (which is why most end up shutting down). You have to be very involved in the economy side of the game to accurately know what the price ranges are which most of us are not due to lack of time and/or interest.
    -Will was trying to keep CJ Prices/Community Prices going with the help of a few friends. He ended up shutting it down because it was too much to keep it updated and he was constantly being accused of manipulating prices. Moderating in CC can be stressful enough without adding more work and putting another target on our backs.
    -If a price realm is maintained by the mods it could create the illusion of an "official" price for items. This could cause a lot of drama and trouble if people choose to set their own prices. The devs have made it clear that CC has a community driven economy and that the prices are decided by the community, they do not want to be involved in that part. So I'm not sure if it would even be appropriate for mods to get involved with a prices realm since we are game staff.

In the end I think you have to ask yourself if you want the mods moderating or wandering around the popular shops, logging prices they see into a spreadsheet and updating signs in a realm? It's a job I don't think any of us have time for or want to do.
  • -1 most mods aren’t into trading anyway
  • GalaGala Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I agree with Whim, I also don’t really want it to be mods-only.. I’m currently building one and willing to involve the community to update the prices.
  • I understand you have a valid point, thanks for commenting.
  • Sir kewberth need to think of someway to keep the economy stable
  • DjCatHD said:

Sir kewberth need to think of someway to keep the economy stable

Not really, the economy is controlled by the players he doesn’t have an obligation to do anything to it
  • MEEPYZ said:

DjCatHD said:

Sir kewberth need to think of someway to keep the economy stable

Not really, the economy is controlled by the players he doesn’t have an obligation to do anything to it
    Indeed it isn't an obligation but players took it too far tho
  • I was thinking about a new discord bot for prices, which allows users to suggest prices then get all nearby suggestions and get the average of them to be the price, idk if that would be good enough to solve it
  • Narox' said:

I was thinking about a new discord bot for prices, which allows users to suggest prices then get all nearby suggestions and get the average of them to be the price, idk if that would be good enough to solve it

Seasonal already has that, we need an in game price place
  • Realm: Seasonal Prices
  • Narox'Narox' Member
    edited February 2023

Narox' said:

I was thinking about a new discord bot for prices, which allows users to suggest prices then get all nearby suggestions and get the average of them to be the price, idk if that would be good enough to solve it

Seasonal already has that, we need an in game price place
    Yes, and not only seasonal, there are other bots too
    But my idea is a little different , instead of depending on prices which are updated by a small team if not only 1 player, we can take suggestions from every player who uses the bot so we can take the average of the price everyone nearly agrees on, by that way no one can manage to rise or drop prices as it's calculated by user suggestions

Anyway I'll do that if I found enough time to test and see if it gets positive feedbacks