Controls on iPhones could be improved

I haven't played CC on my phone in a while. And I'm not sure if this has been noted on the forums before.

As someone who has played a bit of mobile games before, the movement control locations aren't too intuitive anymore. The placement seems a bit off (as shown in the image).

My hand automatically moved slightly in, assuming the controls where a bit further away from the edges of the screen and closer to where the arrows are pointing.

Also the UI in top right and left was a bit difficult to press.

I would love to hear any thoughts, especially if you use mobile devices to play CC :)
Do you find the controls to be fine as is? Or is there anything else you have noticed playing on mobile?

Device: iPhone 13

Comments

• Kn1ght4nd3r50nKn1ght4nd3r50n Member, Game Moderator
    I've been playing more on mobile since the last year.

The controls for both mobile versions (Android and iOS) need some improvements.

-The most buttons are close of screen edge, also some protectors' case difficult the touching in some areas due screen edges.

• Imo we should be able to customise our controls
  • Cubic said:

Imo we should be able to customise our controls

Had been suggested for many time.. Hopefully Kewberth should consider this
  • +1 I feel the same way. Android here.
  • Yep +1 even tho I don't play mobile. Another game that I play, Tanki Online, is fixing their mobile issue by adding many different interfaces, so that it would be easiest for the user. The user can choose their interface from the different layouts given, so that they can play with what is most comfortable to them. Would work out well for you mobile players.
  • Also, when i try and drag items out of my inventory from the last row, it automatically closes the app because thats where I swipe up to close apps.
  • bump!

This is often mentioned on the CC Community Discord too - would be great to have a QoL update to improve the mobile experience.
  • Please 🥺🙏
  • +1
    This was the main reason why I switched to playing CC on browser/PC; it became a nuisance and was just unenjoyable. I hate the inventory the most, since it closes out like GoldenHearts said.