Custom texture approval submission

WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
edited December 2022 in Community
I thought I would explain a couple of things on the approval process for custom texture packs

This is not an all inclusive list, but these are some of the main reasons we deny a texture:
-copies of existing blocks - do not copy/paste blocks we already have in game
-human faces - this includes celebrities and memes with human faces (does not include drawings of faces)
-branded or copyrighted material - images from movies, anime, cartoons, other games, logos, etc
-inappropriate words, symbols or images
-adult content
-controversial content
-political messaging or images
-religious messaging

Also, if you submit your texture and later it allows you to edit it again, that means it was denied. Please consider why it was denied and make changes before you submit it again. We will continue to deny textures until the appropriate changes are made.

You can contact any of the active in game mods in a private message here or on Discord in the Community server if you would like to ask why your texture pack was denied. Please do not contact mods to argue or harass them about the decision, that will not help get it approved.

Edit Dec 28, 2022 -
Note from the admins on the topic of the use of existing blocks or altered copies of existing blocks.
The graphics from existing items or blocks are the property of Cubic Castles and we reserve the right to deny similar designs. You can create your own blocks but not an altered or copied version of an existing one.

Comments

• Understood 👍
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Bump
  • so no goku :(
  • >Peppermint<>Peppermint< Member
    edited October 2022
    Can you recolor existing blocks? For example, maybe you would like to make different colored grass or wood. What about copying blocks that are impossible to get, such as raw ores or adventure mode exclusive blocks such as the Bonus Star Block or even unused blocks?
    Can you also take existing blocks and make custom blocks based on them? For example, full sized neon blocks, or pet kennels with the pet image on all 6 (5) sides?
    edited October 2022

Can you recolor existing blocks? For example, maybe you would like to make different colored grass or wood. What about copying blocks that are impossible to get, such as raw ores or adventure mode exclusive blocks such as the Bonus Star Block or even unused blocks?
    Can you also take existing blocks and make custom blocks based on them? For example, full sized neon blocks, or pet kennels with the pet image on all 6 (5) sides?

If the block exists in game or if it is a copy too close to one that already exists then we will deny it. This especially goes for any deco block, like the neon ones, that you can only get in packs or from the cubit store. In short, if we can tell you did a copy/paste from existing game blocks or it looks too much like you did, it's likely that it will be denied.
  • Can you recolor existing blocks? For example, maybe you would like to make different colored grass or wood. What about copying blocks that are impossible to get, such as raw ores or adventure mode exclusive blocks such as the Bonus Star Block or even unused blocks?

If the block exists in game or if it is a copy too close to one that already exists then we will deny it. This especially goes for any deco block, like the neon ones, that you can only get in packs or from the cubit store. In short, if we can tell you did a copy/paste from existing game blocks or it looks too much like you did, it's likely that it will be denied.
    But most blocks are limited in colour so being able to colour them would be amazing, and you can tell it isn’t a copy of the block but it’s been adapted
    Cubic said:

But most blocks are limited in colour so being able to colour them would be amazing, and you can tell it isn’t a copy of the block but it’s been adapted
    The problem is where do you draw the line in the changes? How many shades different should the color be to be approved? We have to make an easy rule to communicate, follow and use so it's best if we stay with no copies of existing blocks. There are so many blocks in game that it's already hard enough to look at 16 images and try to find any that exist. If we had to compare colors and tiny alterations, it would become a difficult job to approve/deny them.
  • Cubic said:

The problem is where do you draw the line in the changes? How many shades different should the color be to be approved? We have to make an easy rule to communicate, follow and use so it's best if we stay with no copies of existing blocks. There are so many blocks in game that it's already hard enough to look at 16 images and try to find any that exist. If we had to compare colors and tiny alterations, it would become a difficult job to approve/deny them.
    Well a lot of it will be down to personal interpretation anyway
    @Black Simba You should read this post before you submit any other textures.
  • @Black Simba You should read this post before you submit any other textures.

i already know i realized it because it was for my friend Waluigi so when he showed me this i kinda expected this may happen
  • Lol I got my texture approved within like 2 hours. Maybe cuz I only used simple colors to design my pokeballs :)
    Added note on copying, editing and altering existing game textures for custom textures.
  • edited November 2023
    Hey i dont know if this is a dead post if so im sorry but i made a little decor texture i think people will like? Im not sure but this is just for fun and if you deny it i be alright with it :D also where can i send it at also? thank you for reading my comment and peace ^_^

Hey i dont know if this is a dead post if so im sorry but i made a little decor texture i think people will like? Im not sure but this is just for fun and if you deny it i be alright with it :D also where can i send it at also? thank you for reading my comment and peace ^_^

You have to submit it in game through the custom texture process using the easel
  • Thank you for the help see you around
  • how do you make ur own texture pack....?
  • U can use the copy paste method wheee u have a img or art u want on thw block or u can draw it via the texture easel in cc but thst is not as great , if u need help doing it add me in game