Moderator/Staff

Since I haven't seen a mod in-game in like 5 years, I was wondering whether you staff still look for new hires or other stuff. merely confirming that individuals are still being identified or recruited!

Comments

• I actually see the mods kind of frequently when I hop on, but also, yes people are still being recruited, Will was added to the mod team in the spring I think. It’s probably hard getting good mods and they don’t wanna rush it and get a bad one, but they’re still doin’ stuff, and being around.
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    If you haven't seen a mod in 5 years, you must not be paying attention. We often do broadcast messages and hollas. I hang out in Eden, Pen's and Park Rentals a lot and when I'm trying to be a normal player I am cloaked so I can play in peace. Maybe you just don't know the names to watch for. We currently have 6 active/semi active mods, me (Whim), Gala, Daresx11, Will (/), Superxtreme and Charm'. I'm in game most days as are several of the others. You can check this thread if you want to see who the mods are. It is kept updated. https://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/12/staff-list

• I have talked to several mods and even the dev's. I have had hundreds of players say I should be a mod. I have had some players who actually thought I was a mod. I do NOT want to be a mod as this takes a special kind of person. This is why new mod recruits are picked rarely. It is a demanding job with no pay and little respect. My hat is off to all who have gone thru the fire and still wanted to stay a mod. Thank You For Your Service :)
  • There are a good number of mods in game right now that are active. They do have a life outside of cc so they may not be on as often. I asked support what you need to do to become a mod and they replied with there is no specific answer, because people need to earn the mod role instead of trying to match whatever it takes.