Permanently Deleting Accounts

MEEPYZMEEPYZ Member
edited September 2022 in General Chat
Why does the most recent update for the game on Apple say “Added option to permanently delete account.” What is the point of this feature? If people don’t want to play anymore then they can quit, at least then, they will be able to get back their stuff if they decide to return, but if people are going to delete their accounts, they will probably never come back, or regret deleting their accounts when they want to play again, and quit after a few days of playing. Also this update seems like it could majorly benefit scammers as they can scam someone, transfer the items to a new account, and then delete the account used to scam so mods can’t find them, or think the report is fake since the account that did the scam was deleted.

Just saw the feature and how it works, I still think even with the 14 day thing, things are still open to issues.
1. People who delete their account can’t get back their items
2. People can get someone’s password, and then delete their account without the other knowing, I thought there would at least be an email confirmation but I guess not
3. If someone deletes their account and then wants to email Mabz to cancel it can get screwed over if there’s another emergency with Mabz like when there was a storm in his area and his internet went out, or someone emails support to cancel the deletion on the 13th day which falls out on Saturday/Sunday, then his account will be deleted before Mabz can read the email since support doesn’t reply on weekends.

Comments

• This is just speculation, but maybe they'd have a way to have the items and things in deleted accounts be returned to the rest of CC, to keep items going around and stop them from dissapearing because someone buys most of them up and then leaves CC.
  • its data laws lol
  • They store the items in cloud storage right? I might not be genius but i guess that the deleted item is always stored somewhere so maybe they can retrieve item information from there..