About Paid Minigames (credit to Gatto')

I've been aware of paid minigames for quite some time but haven't been playing much myself to really pay attention to them. I always thought they should be illegal because, among obvious reasons, newer players going into the game simply can't access all these interesting/curious looking minigames locked behind a ridiculous entry fee of 100c(often times more) - a large amount to level 0 players and even higher-level players who are casual/ not big on the business side of the game. Minigames are definitely not a small part of Cubic Castles.

A player by the name of Gatto' over on the Cubic Castles Community discord mentioned how payways and paid minigames are the same thing but was confused as to why payaways are illegal and paid minigames are not. I'm sure other players have the same thought process but that was the first time I heard it so I'm using his name in this post :P.

So, my question is, what is the difference between a payaway and a paid minigame? At what point does a payaway stop being a payaway and be a paid minigame? The way I see it, you can disguise your payaway as a paid minigame with little to no effort - Does me making a paid parkour consisting of 1 block you need to jump across to get to the prize dispenser label it as a paid parkour or a payaway? The line just seems too thin to me... I know there have been attempts by other people to make paid minigames illegal but that hasn't stopped me from giving it a try.

If people want cubits, they should obtain their cubits through trade. Vending machines, cash registers, rentals etc. all exist for a reason... minigames going from a way to have fun to being meshed with the business side of the game is honestly just stupid.

I don't think there's much else to say. Please make paid minigames illegal. Thanks.

Comments

• I would like to know if there's a line between parkour/game and payaway too, there probably is one? Maybe it's a gray area, like, just use your judgement, idk tho.
  • I like paid parkours but I'm not a fan of second life games