Overworlds

Orran9827Orran9827 Member
edited August 2022 in Suggestions & Comments
So basically not much people liked the new overworld update from October 2020.

So I had an idea...

"Why not make this overworld BETTER by making new overworlds with the same names and same looks?"

I think people would like that, 5 of the same overworlds in the same update,

Eden, Spyre, Pelago, Tinkerworld, and Aspen?

I think it would be actually really cool for something like that to happen.. and even let the old players actually think its cool

anyone else thinks this could be a nice idea?

Comments

• That wouldn't change anything, you would just have 7 official overworlds instead of 2...

The major issues people find in the new overworld system are :

- Very confusing for new players. They spawn in New Eden and poof, go seek the world yourself. that's pretty much like 80s videogames where nothing was made to help the player even a tiny bit of what they're supposed to do (i.e The Legend of Zelda).
    - Nothing is really well explained to players on how to build and how works custom overworlds.
    - People like me just enjoying the Lobby and the previous Overworld.

Tbh, the new system (can we call it new at some point ahah) isn't THAT bad, but it definitely isn't optimized. A better way would have been to purge realms that weren't accessed in the last year, create a new overworld for official realms (like they did in the new system), a new mining spots overworld and eventually add other overworlds if space was needed. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy viewing players creating amazing looking overworlds, but that shouldn't have been a thing considering how messy it can be, especially for newcomers. Wasn't that nice to see people's realms next to the ones you were you looking for? Plus the tiny war to know who's gonna place the realm next to a bunch of pyramids? That was fun, cool to watch.

RIP 'My Precious' item which has gone obsolete with this update.
  • That wouldn't change anything, you would just have 7 official overworlds instead of 2...

The major issues people find in the new overworld system are :

- Very confusing for new players. They spawn in New Eden and poof, go seek the world yourself. that's pretty much like 80s videogames where nothing was made to help the player even a tiny bit of what they're supposed to do (i.e The Legend of Zelda).
    - Nothing is really well explained to players on how to build and how works custom overworlds.
    - People like me just enjoying the Lobby and the previous Overworld.

Tbh, the new system (can we call it new at some point ahah) isn't THAT bad, but it definitely isn't optimized. A better way would have been to purge realms that weren't accessed in the last year, create a new overworld for official realms (like they did in the new system), a new mining spots overworld and eventually add other overworlds if space was needed. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy viewing players creating amazing looking overworlds, but that shouldn't have been a thing considering how messy it can be, especially for newcomers. Wasn't that nice to see people's realms next to the ones you were you looking for? Plus the tiny war to know who's gonna place the realm next to a bunch of pyramids? That was fun, cool to watch.

RIP 'My Precious' item which has gone obsolete with this update.

yeah, those were good times lol
    and I quite like the idea too