Suggestions to Benefit New Players

Currently, the beginning of the game can be a little confusing for new players, you get a brief introduction that only explains the basics of the game (walking, building, mining, crafting, wearing hats) but doesn't explain how to find other players' realms, and doesn't explain how to play safe. And after leaving the tutorial, the player is thrown into the world without any understanding of what to do.
Suggestions
1. Improve the Tutorial Realm
The current introduction realm has been around since 2014. It's a basic realm with not much decoration and doesn't explain the rules and trading, which has become a big part of the game for many.
To improve the tutorial, it should be better decorated and explain things like to play nicely, trade safely, and avoid being scammed (Don't trust people you aren't close to) adding these instructions would stop many new players from rage quitting from being scammed, and avoid some new players from cussing without knowing the consequences.

2.Brief First Time Explanations
When players open menus for the first time, it can maybe be a little confusing for them to understand what to do. Perhaps the first time a player opens a menu for the first time (Cubit Store, Friends list, etc.) it can give a brief introduction to the menu and explain how it works (How to add players for friends menu, how to navigate the Cubit Store for the Cubit store menu)

3.Bring Back This Menu

It's a little more expressional and visually shows stuff, which can help players understand things.

4. Reminder to Register Account

Sometimes new players end up losing their accounts they worked hard on because they never were able to figure out how to register, and nothing is telling them how to register they have to figure out to press the help button on the login screen, adding this screen to pop up whenever an unregistered player logs out can help ensure players remember to register their account ad be able to play on other devices and not lose their progress they worked hard for.

5.Tutorial Translations
Cubic Castles is a game with players from across the world. Creating tutorials for different languages can help out players who may not understand the English instructions in the tutorial. Having moderators who know different languages write translations for the tutorial can help give accurate translations for the tutorial that can benefit new players who don't speak English.

6.Bring Back the Lobbies
Although the new Overworlds act as a sort of lobby, the original lobbies were much easier to understand from a new player's perspective; they can find realms easily, meet people more easily, and there are new player lobbies that help new players understand lobbies. The only issue with the original lobbies is that they don't have doors to Town Center, Learning Center, and Farmer's Co-op. But if the Original lobbies get expanded a little bit, then there can be space for these official realms while having the original style of lobbies.

These might sound like unnecessary ideas for new players, but explaining everything to them can help make sure they don't get lost or confused while playing and helps make sure they can enjoy the game faster.

Comments

• so true bestie +1
  • +1 it would be quite helpful
  • +1, as a 2020 player i was never introduced to the game like this
  • +1, valid, insightful suggestions. I rage quitted multiple times after being scammed, a "how to play safe" tutorial really would've helped me
  • +1
    Decreasing the frustration for new players could potentially keep them from quitting so definitely something that could be improved.
  • Kn1ght4nd3r50nKn1ght4nd3r50n Member, Game Moderator
    +1
  • PlayerPlayer Member
    who cares about new players? -1
  • Player said:

no new players = the game dead
  • Player said:

controversy!1!2!1
  • bump
  • +1
    I especially support updating the tutorial realm, since it's a bit off putting that with all the blocks and decoration the game has, the place where which you see first after account creation is just a pyramid of grass blocks stacked on one another. Yes, there's trees, fences, and a few other things, but the game has way more to offer, and I think showing that off, in a prettier tutorial realm could improve first impressions. About the UI, I believe not all elements should be shown to the player at first, it can be quite overwhelming, i'd say everything should come up when it's relevant, so like for example the inventory could be hidden until you pickup those items on the ground. The Chat can be another big distraction in my opinion, the holla warps may just get some new players to skip the tutorial- so i'd personally hide that until the tutorial is finished. But these are just my 2 cents on it.
  • +1 overall, but giving new people free stuff is also a challenge because some people create many alts and then grind free resources and wearables with it.
  • hi_127 said:

+1 overall, but giving new people free stuff is also a challenge because some people create many alts and then grind free resources and wearables with it.

I don't see anything in the post about giving new players free things, just things like explaining the game better to them so they start off understanding more.
This discussion has been closed.