What a let down

Official NPC hand out recubes for your crops & fishes. Player NPC only talk and hand out a ticket to enter a door?
I was looking forward to something useful in the new NPC.

Was this what y'all were expecting?

Comments

• WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Intimate said:

Official NPC hand out recubes for your crops & fishes. Player NPC only talk and hand out a ticket to enter a door?

You can code them to have a conversation that goes in many directions and with the right answer they can give you something to further you along an adventure or puzzle (key, password, clues, hints, etc). I'm sure we will see some really nice adventure and puzzle realms with all of the aspiring programmers we have in game. The great part is that there are a lot of existing realms that can be turned into adventure/puzzle realms by just adding some NPCs. They would also be really useful for answering questions, giving information on how to contact a clan owner to join, realm rules, etc.

What did you think they were going to do that they don't do?
  • Actually this was more than what I was expecting. I thought they would be able to talk and that's it. The fact that they can hand out keys and special items and what not is really cool!

These can be really helpful. They can be used to help explain how to play games or explain rules without using signs. Right now, I have an NPC in my Mining HQ that explains how the HQ works and where to mine for specific resources.

I'll probably get more NPCs for when I'm hosting minigames for them to explain how it works. They also make your realm feel more alive since they look like real players lol.
  • Intimate said:

I was only expecting some conversations in the NPCs not being able to hand stuff out so this is cool and more than I thought.
    Intimate said:

It seems pretty useful being able to hand out stuff for doors
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    I'm open to suggestions for future features on these as well.
  • SPY C.SPY C. Member

Sure i will do lol
  • I'm open to suggestions for future features on these as well.

It seems like he thought there were going to be those buying machines people have been wanting, like a vend in reverse you probably know what I mean, so if you wanted to make those, the NPCs would probably be a good place to do it
  • CubicCubic Member

It seems like he thought there were going to be those buying machines people have been wanting, like a vend in reverse you probably know what I mean, so if you wanted to make those, the NPCs would probably be a good place to do it
    That’s a good idea, being able to code it to buy an item for a certain price.
  • HONEY BOMBHONEY BOMB Member
    edited January 2023
  • Is it 1 for 1k?
  • OrbeOrbe Member

Any chance the NPC's will respond to fadey foam along with the custom texture blocks soon?

make it so you can exchange items with it like resoruces for c
  • CrepusCrepus Member
    Also, is it possible to make NPCs teleport players to a specific coordinate-?
    It would be really useful for storages and builds

For the buying machine, I also think the NPCs can fulfill that
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Have to be very very careful with something like a buying machine. Any time we make changes with cubits there's a danger of exploits etc... I'd probably prefer a custom item just for that so we can better protect against problems.
  • Have to be very very careful with something like a buying machine. Any time we make changes with cubits there's a danger of exploits etc... I'd probably prefer a custom item just for that so we can better protect against problems.

That makes sense. An NPC buying machine still makes sense to me though, so maybe it could just be a separate/different type of NPC? But just for buying things? Because the ones that buy things only have some words at the top to tell you what they’re buying, the slots to put stuff in, and the click here to sell it button, if I remember right.
  • Is it 1 for 1k?

Is it 1 for 1k?
  • MEEPYZMEEPYZ Member

Allow some sort of command to prompt them to move to a certain coordinate using path finding, allow us to put them in different poses (sitting dancing), allow us to place them in chairs and underwater, allow us to use basic html like we used to be able to do on info bumpers except with the issues that it used to have being patched somehow.
  • DaddyyyDaddyyy Member

I would like to see some IF... ELSE IF... ELSE logic added and perhaps free text entry for players to respond to programmed questions (answers to riddles or secret passwords perhaps).

Making it so that people can only get a thing from the NPC once as an option so that if you mess up then too bad, or you could make things where people can’t just retry each time when they get it wrong.
  • Have to be very very careful with something like a buying machine. Any time we make changes with cubits there's a danger of exploits etc... I'd probably prefer a custom item just for that so we can better protect against problems.

You have buying machines in Farmers Co Op. You buy crops and fish. Why is it that hard to make one so I can buy Cat Suits? Do people exploit those in Farmers Co Op?

If you would bring back the search function to what it was before overworld update, we could search for shops. I can not play like I want to because I can not find good shops. We still have realm tags but no option to search for any of these options in realm tags. This makes finding shops really hard to find and expensive for shop owners who need to holla tons to get a few players who actually want to buy items. Add Buying machines and add the realm tag "buying" to the list of realm tags. Then restore search "by" these tags.

If you can't make a buying machine, change the search please.
  • It would be especially useful if you could use NPCs to check a player username to show an option. i.e. if username = _____, then go to ___
  • GalaGala Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    please check the date before posting, to avoid bumping very old discussions.

//closing - reopening on request.
This discussion has been closed.