Bring back the original overworld

Make new eden massive again, give players the ability to place their realms around Town Center. Just like the old days.

All this divided realm and overworld, really makes the community feel smaller than it already is.

Having one big map with everyone leaving making a mark on it i.e. placing their own realm (big or small). While keeping the town center, overworld water. Makes the overworld (the second thing a new player sees). Vast and exciting to explore, people can become neighbours, more player traffic and presence in a centralised worldspace.

The new player experience is really underwhelming when leaving your starter realm, you are greeted with an empty island with a hand full of players. You have a realm paper in your inventory that you cannot place down anywhere, the only way to discover new realms is to go to hollas (which are made by a hand full of players), not to mention searching for realms is a hopeless cause when you do not know what a realm is called.

Yes, this is a bit of a rant, but I hated the lobby and the removal of the old overworld completely feels like the final nail in the coffin for the exploration aspect of this game.

Comments

• +1 I was also thinking about making a similar suggestion
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    Couldn't agree more, having our own overworlds did nothing but bad for the game. I'd love to see the old overworlds!
  • Alv'Alv' Member
    +1
  • CrepusCrepus Member
    edited April 2022
    +1
    Or at least, have them co-exist with the current overworlds if it permits

• Why not
  • RolimRolim Member
    Even though I would love this myself, I doubt they will or can bring back the old overworld mechanics...
    I can see some nice points of having your own overworld, but it's limited. More limited than a realm / room in terms of blocks. And less practical than the previous version...
    Back then, when there was only news about the "new" overworld, I was mostly excited because I thought we could have our own mines. So that way we could mine without worrying about other players unless you want your friends to join you. But that's not what the end product was sadly, so the main point for me was gone.
    Has someone who was used to the old overworld, I miss seeing other player's builds around, I miss the launch pad and the ability to just click where I wanna go opening the sky map. It was so easy and quick. Not to talk about Bunnyzilla running around the old overworld jumping to the mines and everyone trying to get in full mines lolz.
    When I was editing textures, I noticed that the Sky Map Icons and UI are still there, brought nice memories...
    Either way I'm +1 on this as well but I don't think it's possible unfortunately...
  • pretty sure the reason they were removed is for support for browser
  • oh - but if this is the case they should refund 20k each back to each overworld someone bought
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
  • AzsimuthAzsimuth Member
    edited May 2022
    +1
    In the old overworld you could easiley travel with a few clicks, and you were exposed to way more realms. Now you gotta go by foot, or car which is though somewhat helped by the smaller overworlds. Stumbling upon realms is much harder now though. You either use hollawarps, or the top overworlds / realms, to find new places. While it's nice that you can express yourself, somewhat limitedly, it's still not perfect, and i'd like if old eden was available again. Maybe they old and new could both be.
  • +1 but we'll probably not get our cubits for the overworlds back
  • To me the most cringe part is you get purple portal , not the blue starry dreamy skin
  • +1 Miss the old overworlds, they were so efficient
  • woe'woe' Member
    +1
  • +1 and bring back the old spawn in lobby feature, a way more social and fun way then to just spawn in relatively empty overworlds.
This discussion has been closed.