2v2 Soccer Tournament [10k Prize!]

CubicPencilCubicPencil Member
edited January 2022 in Player Events & Creations
I've decided to actually do it, so come join the 2v2 soccer tournament!

To join, simply show up at Pencil Field on January 16 (on a Sunday) at 15:00 cc time (should be 3 EST) to play. I'll holla when I'm ready. Edit: try to come early, so that I can set up a few teams before tons of people come from the holla.

You can come with or without a partner. If you come alone, you'll get a teammate before the games start. However, first come first serve. If you come late and there are already enough teams, you cannot play. Sorry. However, you will be able to sub in if a player leaves in the middle of the tournament.

Prize is 5k per winning player.

Rules:

Games are first to score 3 points with a cap of 2 minutes per game. In tie situations, whoever scored first wins.

There is no down-time while a game is in play. Once a goal is scored, the ball will immediately return to the center via the water current.

You must wear the same shirt as your partner. Refusing to do so will result in disqualification, and another player will sub in for you.

Robes are allowed but must be the same color for both team members. You can only wear a robe if your partner is wearing the same color robe as well.

Changing to another team's shirt will result in disqualification or a ban.

More Details:

Realm name: Pencil Field --> https://imgur.com/a/96TNeev

Soccer balls will be used. The original plan was to do golf balls, but soccer balls work with water current and not golf balls.

Random wearable prizes may be rewarded to various teams for good sportsmanship and/or good teamwork.

Additional Notes

If you are coming with a partner, please choose a unique shirt to wear (both must wear the same shirt though.) Please don't wear a red or blue shirt. Choose something like farmer overalls or suit jacket or even a robe.

Let me know if you are bringing a partner. You won't be disqualified if you don't, but it'd be helpful for me to know.

The date of this event may change; if I find out last minute that it can't be done on the 16th, please forgive me.