suggestion about ''salt''

admins please add salt, i kept feeling weird for not putting salt in soup...
it could be like this :
5 overworld water --> salt
(1 bowl of soup requires 1 salt)

Comments

• +1 XD
  • I never had soup with salt added
  • Haiya, salt.. Just use msg, msg
    Anyway, I think if Kewberth added salt, he might as well add new recipes and get salt from overworld ocean sounds weird to me
  • edited November 2021
    a complicated plus one I'm sold on the idea of salt, but not totally to the process of making and using it. There are more things to consider.

If we get salt from overworld ocean, that would mean we would either have to have at least an overworld, buy overworld blocks from the Cubit Store, or buy from other players. Ingredients (themselves) for forging and cooking recipes are usually gathered through mining and collecting. That includes farming where you place seeds on farm soils and harvest or "mine" them to get crops. Even though you buy farming stuff for it, it still has the natural process added to get the ingredient. As for events: getting candies from haunted doors in the Halloween Trick or Treat and viruses from mines in the Virus Update would be considered collecting... and hunting turkeys and pumpkins from the Fall Cookoff event would have players placing turkey bushes and "mining" them to get food. They're for a limited time, but the ingredients in the end are still not originally obtained only from buying... And if not then it's still fine.

5 overworld oceans for a salt seems to be a lot for me, mainly because they're meant to be built and fished from. But seeing as you suggested using only one salt for a soup then I'm fine with that... though it would be funny, and you would assume you'll get a random fish and some trash from drying it... ahaha gross, never mind. Seawater is also a more usual term used to refer to where we get salt. But ocean water doesn't make a huge difference now that I think of it, since they are both from bodies of salt water.

Perhaps instead of using overworld oceans for salts, we could have another type of water: a salt water or a seawater block. It can be crafted using 1 regular water block + 1 mineral deposit. Forging 1 or maybe 5 of the salt water/seawater block would then give you salt... But now that just seems like going in circles... Yeah, it's mainly just adding minerals to pure water then extracting the salt. Seawater has minerals, salt is a mineral, and mineral deposits would now have another use for crafting. The downside is we get another new item, there would be too much now and it's getting confusing. But it's just one item, and we're having more foods anyway...

Salt is a seasoning that is commonly used, but that doesn't mean all soups have added salt. It mostly depends on what type it is, and we have a lot! Add that we can also create our own soup recipes. It just needs to be primarily liquid to be considered one. We can also do other cooking recipes for salt (like cheese!) and more recipes outside of the cookery area too.

Sorry for the wall of text
  • a complicated plus one I'm sold on the idea of salt, but not totally to the process of making and using it. There are more things to consider.

If we get salt from overworld ocean, that would mean we would either have to have at least an overworld, buy overworld blocks from the Cubit Store, or buy from other players. Ingredients (themselves) for forging and cooking recipes are usually gathered through mining and collecting. That includes farming where you place seeds on farm soils and harvest or "mine" them to get crops. Even though you buy farming stuff for it, it still has the natural process added to get the ingredient. As for events: getting candies from haunted doors in the Halloween Trick or Treat and viruses from mines in the Virus Update would be considered collecting... and hunting turkeys and pumpkins from the Fall Cookoff event would have players placing turkey bushes and "mining" them to get food. They're for a limited time, but the ingredients in the end are still not originally obtained only from buying... And if not then it's still fine.

5 overworld oceans for a salt seems to be a lot for me, mainly because they're meant to be built and fished from. But seeing as you suggested using only one salt for a soup then I'm fine with that... though it would be funny, and you would assume you'll get a random fish and some trash from drying it... ahaha gross, never mind. Seawater is also a more usual term used to refer to where we get salt. But ocean water doesn't make a huge difference now that I think of it, since they are both from bodies of salt water.

Perhaps instead of using overworld oceans for salts, we could have another type of water: a salt water or a seawater block. It can be crafted using 1 regular water block + 1 mineral deposit. Forging 1 or maybe 5 of the salt water/seawater block would then give you salt... But now that just seems like going in circles... Yeah, it's mainly just adding minerals to pure water then extracting the salt. Seawater has minerals, salt is a mineral, and mineral deposits would now have another use for crafting. The downside is we get another new item, there would be too much now and it's getting confusing. But it's just one item, and we're having more foods anyway...

Salt is a seasoning that is commonly used, but that doesn't mean all soups have added salt. It mostly depends on what type it is, and we have a lot! Add that we can also create our own soup recipes. It just needs to be primarily liquid to be considered one. We can also do other cooking recipes for salt (like cheese!) and more recipes outside of the cookery area too.

Sorry for the wall of text

Someone break this down for me cause i dont feel like reading all that
  • Someone break this down for me cause i dont feel like reading all that

• overworld oceans can only be obtained from the cubit store or other players, unlike most other ingredients
    • ingredients are usually gathered through mining and collecting
    • overworld oceans are meant to be built and fished on
    • using overworld oceans for the salt's recipe doesn't seem to be the best idea imo
    • seawater or salt water are more common terms used to refer where we get salt
    • seawater contains minerals, salt is one of them
    • another suggested recipe, not the best either: water block + mineral deposit ---craft---> salt water, 5 salt water ---forge---> salt
    • salt is commonly used, but not all soups have added salt
    • soups are mainly liquid
    • salt can be use for more recipes and things
  • I think salt would be cool
  • Someone break this down for me cause i dont feel like reading all that

• overworld oceans can only be obtained from the cubit store or other players, unlike most other ingredients
    • ingredients are usually gathered through mining and collecting
    • overworld oceans are meant to be built and fished on
    • using overworld oceans for the salt's recipe doesn't seem to be the best idea imo
    • seawater or salt water are more common terms used to refer where we get salt
    • seawater contains minerals, salt is one of them
    • another suggested recipe, not the best either: water block + mineral deposit ---craft---> salt water, 5 salt water ---forge---> salt
    • salt is commonly used, but not all soups have added salt
    • soups are mainly liquid
    • salt can be use for more recipes and things
    sorry cuz i own a overworld so i didn't think about that your ideas are great! :D
    A better way to add it would be having salt deposit blocks added to tropical mines that you can break up with some sort of tool, and then get a few salt items that you can then use to craft salt stuff.
  • MEEPYZ said:

A better way to add it would be having salt deposit blocks added to tropical mines that you can break up with some sort of tool, and then get a few salt items that you can then use to craft salt stuff.

That would be cool I think.
  • edited November 2021
    MEEPYZ said:

Yes. Salt can also come from salt beds, which are results of drying up of salt water bodies (like lakes and seas). Salt forms on the surface as a layer on seawater, while they crystalize on the surface and sink to the bottom of water in salty lakes... It would be better to base on those, for a more natural process. They can be added either as:
    • half blocks like mineral deposit and sulfur, around the edge, above water (based on sea salt)
    • full blocks like pink coral, under water (based on lake salt)
    I think the half block version fits better in Tropical Mines, while the full blocks in Forest Mines...
    Mining those salt blocks would automatically give you salt grains. There's really no need for tools, but we can use a wooden sieve to get and sift them which just makes it more complex.

We can also have our own salt farms. We can get salt water, place them, and let them dry into salt blocks that we can mine for salt. It works like cement and stucco, although this is just another option.