Change Name/Delete OG Accounts

CubicCubic Member
edited September 2022 in Suggestions & Comments
This idea will probably get a lot of people not liking the idea, but a lot of people will agree too.

So many names are taken just by 2014/15 accounts which logged in once and have never logged in again. I think their names should be changed so other people have a chance to get the name, because the accounts are likely never to log onto cc again. But this would only happen to accounts which have played for less than 1 hour and haven’t logged on since 2014 or 2015. This way they aren’t losing any progression as if you’ve played for less than an hour you likely have next to 0 progress. Furthermore there should be an email sent to the account if they have one, saying the name will be changed and if they don’t want to change it click on a link in the email which will allow them to keep the name. If it doesn’t have an email attached to it it is most likely lost forever anyway with no way to get it back.

Edit: just thought it could be the same for clans, because most clans have no members or leaders because it was created and disbanded

Comments

• ChufyChufy Member
    +1
    I would like to use my alts name tho. I lost my alt in 2017 which i didn't have an email on, so i couldn't change pass or get it back.. I tried support thicket but it kinda didn't work too. So this might be a good idea but just for some people.
  • SPY C.SPY C. Member
    +1
  • PlayerPlayer Member
    I agree
  • MEEPYZMEEPYZ Member
    -1, unless the only accounts being deleted are accounts that aren't registered (email + password) and weren't logged on for over an hour.
  • i am larrysi am larrys Member
    edited July 2021
    Well I would Agree But I have a Even Better Idea Than That...

Well noone Knows Who May Quit And Who May Comeback So whatif an Account is Inactive for 6months Then The Name Of That Qbee Can Be Used By Anyone else Till The Real Owner of That Name Logs he will get a Popup Message On If You want Your Name Back Then Click yes And Then The Guy who took his Name Would Get To Change his name So Noone Would Be Harmed For a Better Example..

Player:Makes a account Named TheNab
    (6months of Inactive)

Player2:Wants to Make Account with Name 'TheNab'
    (Gets a Popup screen saying:This Name Is Already Registered But You can Use it Till the User Is Inactive or Something And if the Player logs In he may Take the Ownership of the Name)

Player2:clicks Yes

Player1:(Logs in out of Nowhere)

(Gets a Popup Saying Your Name Was Taken while You were Inactive if you want it Back Click Yes or No to Change Name)

*Clicks Yes as Always*

Player2:(logs in and Gets Popup)

*The Owner of the Name has been Active So He has Took the Name Please Change it*

The End
  • HispanoHispano Member
    edited July 2021

Well I would Agree But I have a Even Better Idea Than That...

Well noone Knows Who May Quit And Who May Comeback So whatif an Account is Inactive for 6months Then The Name Of That Qbee Can Be Used By Anyone else Till The Real Owner of That Name Logs he will get a Popup Message On If You want Your Name Back Then Click yes And Then The Guy who took his Name Would Get To Change his name So Noone Would Be Harmed For a Better Example..

Player:Makes a account Named TheNab
    (6months of Inactive)

Player2:Wants to Make Account with Name 'TheNab'
    (Gets a Popup screen saying:This Name Is Already Registered But You can Use it Till the User Is Inactive or Something And if the Player logs In he may Take the Ownership of the Name)

Player2:clicks Yes

Player1:(Logs in out of Nowhere)

(Gets a Popup Saying Your Name Was Taken while You were Inactive if you want it Back Click Yes or No to Change Name)

*Clicks Yes as Always*

Player2:(logs in and Gets Popup)

*The Owner of the Name has been Active So He has Took the Name Please Change it*

The End

thats not a good idea, might be used by scammers or other bad people impersonating the real owner of the name.

back to the original post i agree with it so +1
  • +1. Agree that accounts that have a play time of not more than 1 hour and haven't logged onto the game for 2 years should get renamed. Similar to the old overworld system where realms decayed.
  • I disagree with this. People have left and returned and intend to keep their username so their old friends can remember them. Also, changing old accounts names and someone taking their name could be confusion, let’s say Grace would have left, her name changed, someone taking it, it would look like the new Grace is the old one.
  • I disagree with this. People have left and returned and intend to keep their username so their old friends can remember them.

true

• Maybe only the accounts that the owner didn't register with a password could be deleted since there is no way for people to log onto those.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

I disagree with this. People have left and returned and intend to keep their username so their old friends can remember them. Also, changing old accounts names and someone taking their name could be confusion, let’s say Grace would have left, her name changed, someone taking it, it would look like the new Grace is the old one.

This
  • This Deleting Og Names Won't work tho Because Of There are so Many Ogs Who Are Coming back Rapidly So You know About the Unused For a Very Long time we may say It can be used till the Real Owner comes back Like U has So Many Useless Account he never used And So noone can use those names aswell
  • +1 It takes so long to find a suitable name for you that's available. Sheesh. Like MEEPYZ said, only if they don't have email and password. Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh