Forums Update

MEEPYZMEEPYZ Member
edited July 2021 in Suggestions & Comments
There are a lot of issues wrong with forums, and also some things that should be added.

Fix Image Uploading
This is basically a copypasta, image uploading is broken, and you can't change your profile.

Bring Back the Activity Wall
The activity wall was a great way for people to talk to each other on forums and let people say goodbye without making a useless discussion.

Bring Back Polls
It was so helpful for people to find out what people wanted; it should really be added back

Bring Back Karma and Familiar Role
Although it was useless, it was a good incentive for people to comment and play forum games, and now many forum rules are obsolete without it.

Update the Forum Rules
Many rules are now obsolete, if we aren't going to get Karam back, then rules on forum games should be updated, and if we don't get back the Activity wall, we should be allowed to post goodbye posts.

Option for Light Mode and Dark Mode
It would be nice if players had the option to have a Dark Mode or a Light Mode.

Let Players Move their Discussions and Close Their Disucussions
It would be good if players had the option to close their own Discussions so they don't have to ask forum moderators to do it.

Add a Better way to Acess Profile Settings
The only current way to edit your profile settings is to open your profile in a new tab. It would be good if there were an extra button under preferences that allowed you to edit your profile.

Allow Players to Save Comment Drafts
The only way to save a comment draft is by waiting until it autosaves. There should be a button that lets you save your comment draft.

Bring Back Friends
Friends was a fun thing to collect on forums, and it is a good way to add a feature for friends only DMs so random people don't DM

If you have any comments that should be added, post a comment.

Comments

• +1 Yes Forums Was Never Updates or seen To do anything
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    #bringback2019forums
  • +1 although they are still busy about future updates in cc
  • Byron'Byron' Member
    When I read "bring back the karma" I thought they were talking about me, I did not understand xD
    but if not when will the forum update? Because the forum has not changed for a long time
  • +1 Yes Forums Was Never Updates or seen To do anything

Forums were white, there was karma, an activity wall... So forums were updated :l
  • +1 million, activity walls and image uploading especially. Its been a year :/
  • +10, im surprised profile pics are still broken bruh!
  • *MMS*MMS Member
    I agree with all these suggestions - the forums as they are right now are really hard to use.

Something else that was a bit annoying was that there's no direct profile access in the top right dropdown. I have to go to Preferences, and then click on my profile from the right sidebar.

Not sure how hard it is to change with the current software but some clean-up of the pinned posts would also be great. E.g. In the "General Chat" section there's an announcement post about the Halloween 2020 update...
  • MEEPYZMEEPYZ Member
    Bump
  • Yess I miss this ;'( and art contests T.T

• I'm not quite sure if the forums would get updated one day.

As someone who has been running and maintaining online community forums for a few years, I might think of making new forums for the cc community, with a lot of cool features like an advanced gamification system (karma), achievements & badges, dark & night mode etc... And surely, a modernized looking forum.

Of course, this would only be done for fun and to exapnd the cc community, I'll make sure to state that it's not the official forum and the staff team working there do not represent Cosmic Cow by any means.

I'm still thinking about it but I might take it seriously if players are into that. Maybe I shall ask for opinions on the discord server.
  • MEEPYZMEEPYZ Member

I'm not quite sure if the forums would get updated one day.

As someone who has been running and maintaining online community forums for a few years, I might think of making new forums for the cc community, with a lot of cool features like an advanced gamification system (karma), achievements & badges, dark & night mode etc... And surely, a modernized looking forum.

Of course, this would only be done for fun and to exapnd the cc community, I'll make sure to state that it's not the official forum and the staff team working there do not represent Cosmic Cow by any means.

I'm still thinking about it but I might take it seriously if players are into that. Maybe I shall ask for opinions on the discord server.

Maybe you can ask @SirKewberth if he can let you help him update the forums.
  • Can we just get the old forums back with some bug fixes that caused issues on the old forum :(
    and maybe a setting to choose a dark mode or light mode.
  • MEEPYZ said:

Can we just get the old forums back with some bug fixes that caused issues on the old forum :(

+1
  • MEEPYZMEEPYZ Member
    edited March 2022
    MEEPYZ said:

Can we just get the old forums back with some bug fixes that caused issues on the old forum :(

^ @SirKewberth maybe after a future update this year, forums could be updated, it's a really special place, and although it isn't a priority, I think many would appreciate if they would be fixed or reverted to their old state with the old issues fixed 🥺
  • +1