Petition to rename the "Devil's Halo"

ItsDaneItsDane Member
edited June 2021 in Suggestions & Comments
No Further explanation, Please Respect, Thank You!

Comments

• Yes please rename!
  • HONEY BOMBHONEY BOMB Member
    edited June 2021
    I ain't be offended to it nor religious so I stand middle
    Something like ' Fallen angel's halo ' will be less disturbing
  • -1 The devil's halo doesn't need to be renamed, it is the opposite of the halo
  • HONEY BOMBHONEY BOMB Member
    edited June 2021

-1 The devil's halo doesn't need to be renamed, it is the opposite of the halo

Plausible
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I agree it should be changed. If you aren't spiritual in any way I can see how this is no big deal to you but this is something that is disturbing to a lot of people that are so please respect that in your comments.

@SirKewberth maybe something like Fallen Halo or Red Halo would be better for this item.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

I agree with this. But I don’t see anything wrong with it being renamed.
  • +1 red halo sound better and more self expanitory
  • I am very spiritual, a strong Christian. I just do not see how this is any more disturbing than items like the headless clothing item. If we go changing things based on personal standpoint then a lot of things need to be removed or changed. Take the Yuletide pack, celebrating christmas when there are a lot of muslims and other religions that do not follow those customs. Should we remove that too because it offends them? What about the imp horns and tail, an imp is a mythological devilish creature that is often tied to hell. Should we remove that too? These are just a few points.
  • PlayerPlayer Member

I am very spiritual, a strong Christian. I just do not see how this is any more disturbing than items like the headless clothing item. If we go changing things based on personal standpoint then a lot of things need to be removed or changed. Take the Yuletide pack, celebrating christmas when there are a lot of muslims and other religions that do not follow those customs. Should we remove that too because it offends them? What about the imp horns and tail, an imp is a mythological devilish creature that is often tied to hell. Should we remove that too? These are just a few points.

This
  • MEEPYZMEEPYZ Member
    I only think it should be renamed because "Devil Halo" is an Oxymoron.
  • I think, yes it can be bad for some players with named of items but I wonder about game is a game so if you are so much religian it couldn't be bad for you because it is just game and only items named as I saw in before posts headless is more uncomfortable but this name stayed and all it's good.
  • SPY C.SPY C. Member
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I can understand why people would feel strongly to get the name changed but why do you feel strongly to keep it as it is? What harm is there in changing it? There is another thread that is a petition to change the design and look of the new wings but it only has two upvotes. That one is asking for a visual change and nobody is pushing against it, this is just a name change which has no effect on those of you not bothered by the name either way.
  • I do not care if it is renamed, I just like playing devils advocate. See what I did there hue hue >:D. If it is renamed it should be changed to Baleful Halo, since they is the devil version of the almighty cube. We just can't change something because it not ok to someone because it opens the door for more complaining about things needing to change to the point we get an overly censored game with no character.
  • CubicCubic Member
    Can someone fill me in what is wrong with Devil’s Halo/how it is offensive?
  • ArkhamArkham Member

Devil's Halo sounds more better.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

I am very spiritual, a strong Christian. I just do not see how this is any more disturbing than items like the headless clothing item. If we go changing things based on personal standpoint then a lot of things need to be removed or changed. Take the Yuletide pack, celebrating christmas when there are a lot of muslims and other religions that do not follow those customs. Should we remove that too because it offends them? What about the imp horns and tail, an imp is a mythological devilish creature that is often tied to hell. Should we remove that too? These are just a few points.

How about the Halloween event when the npc was called “Devil” and you were making a deal with the Devil? But no complaints. I don’t understand why these complaints are being picked and chosen. What’s really wrong with an item name? Let’s be thankful that we are still getting updates. :)
  • U said:

How about the Halloween event when the npc was called “Devil” and you were making a deal with the Devil? But no complaints. I don’t understand why these complaints are being picked and chosen. What’s really wrong with an item name? Let’s be thankful that we are still getting updates. :)
    That Ugly NPC was Used Once and was Useless But the Devil Halo Would Stick Longer Bro..
  • PixiePixie Pixie HollowMember
    edited June 2021
    Idk how to add a link but this explains why I don't think it matters that its called this!

"During the middle ages, people would put on plays where biblical characters were portrayed. When the character of Satan came on stage, he was portrayed as an ugly individual with a red outfit, a tail, horns, and holding a pitchfork. Today, most people immediately think of this description when someone speaks about the Devil. However, this is not how the Bible describes this personage."
    "Because Satan is a spirit-being, he has no physical form. The Bible says that angels do not have any physical substance." "When he does appear, the Devil appears as an angel of light."
    "Because Satan is the master deceiver, coming as an angel of light, he appears as a beautiful, tempting, creature - not something ugly or repulsive."
    "Summary Contrary to the popular view of the Devil, he is not an ugly creature. Since he is a spirit-being, he has no physical form. When he does appear, it is as a beautiful creature, an angel of light.

Tho In the end it doesn't matter what its named because its just a red halo and the name has no real value to most ppl.

• Graceful ThunderGraceful Thunder Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    The original discussion says
    ItsDane said:

No Further explanation, Please Respect, Thank You!

At this point, this thread has been derailed by explanations. Closing because of that
This discussion has been closed.