What is the most efficient crop for getting recubes?

This is assuming you have great soil

Comments

• wheat is best all around crop for getting recubes but y ned the bounany level for it
  • Graceful ThunderGraceful Thunder Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I think the most efficient crop for getting recubes is corn. I'll list out how much you pay for the seeds vs. what you get from the crops. (You do have a chance to get 2 or 3 crops from one plant). And if I remember correctly, it takes 3-4 days to grow corn on the best soil.
    Tomatoes: you pay 1 rc per seed, you get 1 rc per crop.
    Potatoes: you pay 2 rc per seed, you get 2 rc per crop.
    Corn: you pay 4 rc per seed, you get 4 rc per crop.
    Eggplants: You pay 8 rc per seed, you get 6 rc per crop.
    Wheat: You pay 12 rc per seed, you get 8 rc per crop.
  • I think it is wheat because you pay 12 RC for a seed, grow it, and get 1 - 6 wheat crop
  • edited April 2021
    Somebody made a table for it, counting recubes gained and time spent, corn was the best, thats why you see lots of corn for sale a lot. I think it said recubes gained minus recubes spent divided by time equals recubes per hour, and corn had the highest recubes per hour.
  • Thanks alot guys! You answered this very efficiently
  • IntimateIntimate Member
    edited April 2021
    To Start with Cubic Castles has NO Great soil, it is called Quality Soil.
    Corn is the most efficient and most profitable. Most of the profit comes up front from a lower cost of seeds. Then profit is from less time to grow corn compared to the longer time for eggplant & wheat which ( CORN ) gives you more actual crop per week.

Note: these times others post is days, I give actual hours based on quality soil which is the best because there is no time deductions.

All times listed below are in Quality Soil.

1. Tomatoes - 30 hours
    2. Potatoes - 45 hours
    3. Corn - 60 hours
    4 Eggplant - 80 hours
    5. Wheat - 120 hours

Seeds Cost for 2,500 seeds:( not counting merchant perk ).

Wheat - 30,000rc
    Eggplant - 20,000rc
    Corn - 10,000rc
    Potato - 5,000rc
    Tomato - 2,500rc

Gross Profit from average of 7,000 crops yield: 7,000 crops when you are at 500 crops times 5 rooms.

Wheat - 56,000rc
    Eggplant - 42,000rc
    Corn - 28,000rc
    Potato - 14,000rc
    Tomato - 7,000rc

Net Profit = Gross minus seeds cost:

Wheat - 26,000rc
    Eggplant - 22.000rc
    Corn - 18,000rc
    Potato - 9,000rc
    Tomato - 4,500rc

Hours in one week = 168 - Crop cycles you can grow in 168 hours:

Wheat - 1.4
    Eggplant - 2.1
    Corn - 2.8
    Potato - 3.7
    Tomato - 5.6

Net profit in 168 hours ( one week ):

Wheat - 36,400rc
    Eggplant - 46,200rc
    Corn - 50,400rc
    Potato - 33,300rc
    Tomato - 25,200rc

If you look at how many cycles of crops you can grow then look at how each seed cost doubles from tomato to wheat but the profit you get does not ( in eggplant ), the fact that corn seeds cost 1/3 that of wheat and you can grow 2 corn crop cycles in the same time as 1 wheat, this is the sweet spot that corn provides you.

Yes eggplant only gives a 50% increase in the return as corn does but the cost of seeds are are double and the growing time is longer so in the end corn is the sweet spot of low up front cost and more return per week as any other crop at the return of 4 recubes per crop.