Holla Mute - Punishment

2»

Comments

• I would like too hear what @SirKewberth thinks about this suggestion . i will give it a +1000
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    I did ask him in DM @koekenbak forgot to post!

This is a direst quote from the man himself:

"SirKewberth April 10
    I like the idea.. but you guys give me thousands of times more ideas than I have time to implement and I already have a very long todo list. So it's tough to really react. You guys sometimes act like I ignore suggestions, but I literally have thousands of good suggestions. It's impossible to really react in a timely manner to each and every one and if I always stop what I'm doing to start work on the new idea that players are excited about then I won't get anything done. So I have to stick to my already planned development schedule. But the idea is great. I think it would be good."

Hopefully it'll come sooner rather than later <3! He likes the idea though, that's what matters.
  • -1 for timers, a failed game holla is bad when making ppl wait for 2-5 min

+1000 for everything else
  • Maybe this is a thing already? - But wouldn't a /ignore work in world chat too so folks can stop reading drama they'd rather not have up? Bonus - The player causing drama would lose c because folks wouldn't see their 'Shop' hollas either.
    Just a thought...
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member

Maybe this is a thing already? - But wouldn't a /ignore work in world chat too so folks can stop reading drama they'd rather not have up? Bonus - The player causing drama would lose c because folks wouldn't see their 'Shop' hollas either.
    Just a thought...

That doesn't punish them tho, a few people not going to their hollas isnt much of an issue for people willing to waste thousands on hollas.
  • -1 I actually enjoy the drama, lol. I sit back, relax, and eat popcorn while I'm at it.
  • Tbh I don't care anymore of what happens in the hollas.
    I'v read the rules again and nothing goes against anything in the hollas except curse words and spam. That way idk why 2 players yelling at themselves would be worse than players having a conversation as long as no insult is involved. Plus i find it funny, personal taste don't judge. ^^

I'm not fond of the strike hard to make ppl stop doing what they do. If they're arguing in hollas, I do think they do not know, nor recall of anything against doing it, and they'd be right.

And again what we see on CC is way smaller than what we could possibly see in larger games. Sounds like dictaturism at some point, with certain angles. But I'm carrying myself away, sorry.

Vive the hollas, and just punish hard the ones that really deserve it. #broadcastsusuallydothework
  • +1 Holla punishments should be like this:
    First punishment - 1 whole day mute
    Second punishment - a whole week mute
    Third punishment - a whole day ban & a warning saying that if you continue then your account will be banned for a whole month or even terminated for causing drama.
    You have to be strong with those punishments if most people don't really care that much about holla drama punishments.

I think most would agree that we have had an increase in holla abuse recently and we need a solution. Muting someone for 24 hours does not seem to be working because many come out of their mute time and go right back to the abuse. I think the statement about "punishing all, for the few who don't listen" is an important one to keep in mind though. Everyone should not have to pay more or have to wait few minutes to do another holla because of the people that abuse the use of them. I really like the idea of a holla mute that the mods can give to those that abuse the system by insulting, swearing, arguing, starting drama, etc. They would still be able to talk in game but lose the ability to holla for however many days the mod feels is appropriate. Great suggestion and feedback from everyone! I hope to see a solution to this problem added soon so keep the conversation going here.

• You could also add the people who do holla drama into a list that makes them have a cooldown of only one holla per each day.

+1 Holla punishments should be like this:
    First punishment - 1 whole day mute
    Second punishment - a whole week mute
    Third punishment - a whole day ban & a warning saying that if you continue then your account will be banned for a whole month or even terminated for causing drama.
    You have to be strong with those punishments if most people don't really care that much about holla drama punishments.

I think most would agree that we have had an increase in holla abuse recently and we need a solution. Muting someone for 24 hours does not seem to be working because many come out of their mute time and go right back to the abuse. I think the statement about "punishing all, for the few who don't listen" is an important one to keep in mind though. Everyone should not have to pay more or have to wait few minutes to do another holla because of the people that abuse the use of them. I really like the idea of a holla mute that the mods can give to those that abuse the system by insulting, swearing, arguing, starting drama, etc. They would still be able to talk in game but lose the ability to holla for however many days the mod feels is appropriate. Great suggestion and feedback from everyone! I hope to see a solution to this problem added soon so keep the conversation going here.