A Puzzle No One Solves

GanondalfGanondalf Member
edited March 2021 in Community
What do you think makes Cubic Castles? Is it trading? Is it building?
Now, whatever it is, I'd like you to think...wouldn't it be better if you had someone to do that stuff with?
(unless if you're one of those kids looking for...significant others.)

I hear people say, "The "rich' won't talk with the "poor"," and "The community is toxic," and blah. Look, man. The "rich" will talk with the "poor"...as long as, you know, the former isn't prejudiced and the latter won't ask for donations at their first meeting. And as for the community being toxic, well, that depends on where you're looking. I wouldn't throw away the bunch just because of a few rotten apples. And there are rotten apples, don't get me wrong. But you'll find fresh ones, too.

Way long ago, in the beginning of time, I had my Qbee take its first steps and place its little Castle on the overworld, and I entered it. I was a little lost on what I could (and should) do. And behold, in came a flood of other white creatures like me and they all chanted the same words: "give me perm".
I was a bit confused as to why I was being mistaken for a barber, not knowing that "perm" meant permission, to build. Seeing me in my confused state, the Qbees all proceeded to guide me so they might have me give them permission.
Then one, they said: "Put a dirt block in your clothing slot."

I was like "what in a what now" and I wondered...how are they talking?
Imagine me, nothing more than a baby, bare and observant, just watching everyone around me jump, talk and breaking my realm up and placing stuff in it. Wondering, how could I do all this, too? So I tried to talk. How do I do that? Oh, look, there's the guy saying you gotta press the Enter key and so I did, and voila! I could speak! My newfound power of speech would now enable me to converse and socialize, and ultimately allow me to make friends. Friends, fellows, what in my opinion is the core to the game.

And if it wasn't for those strangers who had come to my realm asking for perm, I wouldn't have seen the fun of society in this game. I mean, it was so bizarre. It was odd and pretty cool. I mean, yeah, my realm was in ruins by the end of it all, but still.
You know, nothing brought be back to this game, the seven (million) times that I've "quit", other than my friends, the community. You guys, the souls to the Cubic body.

Friends.
The missing piece to a puzzle we've been struggling to complete.

Now, the point of this very verbose and confusing discussion is,
TL;DR, We should all get together sometime. What I mean is, socialize. See a new player? Say hi, maybe. I've found that this works well, you know, talking to people. Not in real life, that just weirds out, but in game.

I see players just taking their first look at the overworld, and saying things.
"Hi."
And getting pretty much ignored. Or getting a reply from someone looking to get customers to their stores, which I think prematurely introduces the new player to the tough world of capitalism, which can be unhealthy. Maybe I'm thinking too deep.

I also think that the forums should be better known to people. Maybe as a new player joins up, they could be told to check the forums out? I'm sure they'd get a kind welcome, a happy reception to their arrival...if you could, maybe, bring the Activity Wall back.

TL;DR, again, try and socialize with people. You never know, that level 0 might just turn out to be your best friend. Or your significant other, jk.

Thanks, I just wanted to share what was on my mind.

Comments