Disappearing fish

WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
I've reeled in several fish that never appeared in my inventory. Everything looked normal but the fish never showed up. I thought it was my imagination at first but then a few other people said it happened to them. I keep the top row of my inventory empty so I can see what I catch, so it's obvious when this happens. @SirKewberth has anyone reported this?

Comments

• Happened to me too
  • That has never happened to me, but I'll ask around to see if it happened to anyone else.
  • oh no, doesn't happen to me tho (mobile)
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Yes I've had some reports.. Probably a bug. We'll need to patch it before the tournament starts next week.
  • Yes same problem here.. rip baits
  • Ull need to fix the lag too
  • Kn1ght4nd3r50nKn1ght4nd3r50n Member, Game Moderator

I've reeled in several fish that never appeared in my inventory. Everything looked normal but the fish never showed up. I thought it was my imagination at first but then a few other people said it happened to them. I keep the top row of my inventory empty so I can see what I catch, so it's obvious when this happens. @SirKewberth has anyone reported this?

Yes, same here.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I might as well add to the sames
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer

Ull need to fix the lag too

There is no general lag everyone is experiencing or networking problem that everyone has. So far the cases we've been able to verify have been people running old versions. So that's step 1. Make sure you're running the .04 version. If there's still a bug it's one that is only affecting certain players or devices.
  • I think the disappearing fish might be the Love fish since nobody got it yet
    MEEPYZ said:

I think the disappearing fish might be the Love fish since nobody got it yet

Love fish is a thing?
  • U said:

MEEPYZ said:

Love fish is a thing?
    oh, rainbow fish
    MEEPYZ said:

U said:

MEEPYZ said:

Love fish is a thing?
    oh, rainbow fish
    I’m pretty sure Lib said he saw somebody with one
  • Yes I've had some reports.. Probably a bug. We'll need to patch it before the tournament starts next week.

theres a fishing tourny?!
  • Ull need to fix the lag too

There is no general lag everyone is experiencing or networking problem that everyone has. So far the cases we've been able to verify have been people running old versions. So that's step 1. Make sure you're running the .04 version. If there's still a bug it's one that is only affecting certain players or devices.
    one of my friends in discord wasnt able to even run the game...i think its because he has windows7. is that a bug?
  • It happened to me just now!
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    @SirKewberth If you're reeling a fish in, the red "line" pops up, if you carry on reeling while the red line is showing and catch the fish with the red line still showing the fish disappears. Happened to me twice.
  • you're supposed to catch the fish by letting go of the line when it goes red and then reeling it in again when it goes back to normal I think
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    Player said:

you're supposed to catch the fish by letting go of the line when it goes red and then reeling it in again when it goes back to normal I think

Correct. I've caught them with red line showing before, sometimes it disappears tho
  • You can leave a Fish at the end for a bit and I don't think it runs away
  • Player said:

you're supposed to catch the fish by letting go of the line when it goes red and then reeling it in again when it goes back to normal I think

When it turns red, i usually just let it keep going red until its almost broken, let go for .5 seconds, repeat. It's hard to break the line when fishing unless you try, maybe it should be harder
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    The fish I am talking about were not caught with a red line. I never let the red line go for very long before I let up on it. These were caught with a clean line but never appeared in my inventory.
This discussion has been closed.