Fonts???

QbeeRogueQbeeRogue Member
edited February 2021 in General Chat
Anyone sick of seeing noobs under lvl 30 running around with fonts? Well, I am. Can we have a petition or something? Anyone wanna talk about it? I'm going to hope I don't get banned for having such a short post ;-;

Edit: Why am I upset? Fonts literally lost their value because everyone has it.

Comments

• Cats On VenusCats On Venus Member
    edited February 2021
    I can agree that it is upsetting because before the update, it was all based on chance, and the majority of us did not get a font till like lvl 25-30+. At least for me, it's sort of upsetting to see them get a font, meanwhile most of us had to "work" for it. Despite this, I think it's fine that they now have the power to choose a font at such a low level. We can't let jealousy or anger get in the way, and try to petition to remove a function of the game simply because we don't like it without proper reasoning.
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Sometimes progress means people in the past had to work harder but progress is good, it means growth. Before registers and vends, we had to work really hard to sell our items. We had to sit in our realms for hours hoping someone would come in and buy something. Now you can sell things while you are doing other things in game or even when you are sleeping. I'm a level 60 and had to work hard for all of my perks but I'm happy for the newer players. They have more choices when they level up as to which way they want to go with their perks depending on how they play the game. Plus, when I am on my alt or when they add new levels, I will get to choose my perks based on what I want to do. I think most people like the new way of choosing perks because it is more in our control now and gives us lots of options.
  • Sometimes progress means people in the past had to work harder but progress is good, it means growth. Before registers and vends, we had to work really hard to sell our items. We had to sit in our realms for hours hoping someone would come in and buy something. Now you can sell things while you are doing other things in game or even when you are sleeping. I'm a level 60 and had to work hard for all of my perks but I'm happy for the newer players. They have more choices when they level up as to which way they want to go with their perks depending on how they play the game. Plus, when I am on my alt or when they add new levels, I will get to choose my perks based on what I want to do. I think most people like the new way of choosing perks because it is more in our control now and gives us lots of options.

I agree but FONT perks are a symbol of status and importance, it shouldn't be common, people have to truly work for it. I like the new perks but fonts are a definite no go, and if someone wants fonts, they should be getting those higher levels.
  • Plus, NOT having fonts does not blunt or slow someone's growth in game.
  • I would like it if there was a lvl you had to be to get a font, even if that level was higher than my level, because seeing a random lvl 12 person who's only been playing the game a little while with a font perk just doesnt feel right to me, fonts were a mark of 'hey, I'm a pro or at least I'm pretty good at this game' and now theyre just a 'hey, i wanted this so I have it now' which I do not like.
  • I would like it if there was a lvl you had to be to get a font, even if that level was higher than my level, because seeing a random lvl 12 person who's only been playing the game a little while with a font perk just doesnt feel right to me, fonts were a mark of 'hey, I'm a pro or at least I'm pretty good at this game' and now theyre just a 'hey, i wanted this so I have it now' which I do not like.

Yeah it doesnt feel right. Back then I thought "ooh look they have a font, they must have worked a long time for that!"
  • I guess it is weird that you get fonts before you can get brawny 1
  • yeah, like if they already reached the font perk goal like it would be/they would be lazier to level up
  • KokopelliKokopelli WV, USAMember
    Doesn’t really affect me, but speed demon requiring level 30 seemed a little much. Also your level doesn’t mean your a pro, lots of cubits, builds, parkour acing, the clothes your wearing doesn’t mean anything. Being “pro” is arbitrary and has no definitive meaning in this game. Also I’d like a reason as to why recube perk points don’t reset.
  • Kokopelli said:

Doesn’t really affect me, but speed demon requiring level 30 seemed a little much. Also your level doesn’t mean your a pro, lots of cubits, builds, parkour acing, the clothes your wearing doesn’t mean anything. Being “pro” is arbitrary and has no definitive meaning in this game. Also I’d like a reason as to why recube perk points don’t reset.

Good points!
  • I always think fonts show the hardwork of the Qbee.
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    Doesn't bother me. Let level 1s or 60s have them. Wanna grind to show off? Ask for more "symbols" at levels, like star @10 - crown @25
  • You're not the first one to bring this up, and I personally don't care at all..

There are plenty of ways to, as Lucas said, show off (because levels > players ofc) such as builds, lvl symbols, your set, etc...
    All those are purely aesthetics and meaningless to me. As a newbie (I'd rather not call new players noobs), I'd be happy to have a font at level 12. :)
  • GalaGala Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Doesn't bother me at all, I'm glad that everyone can pick their favorite perk.
  • How was having a font a "status symbol"? Access to fonts only depended on your level and luck, and since everyone can see your level, having a font didn't show anything further about you.

I see people annoyed that something that was difficult for them is now easy for the new players. I, on the other hand, being on level 43, was delighted that I could finally get some perks that I was never offered because of sheer bad luck. More control? Less randomness? Yes, please! ^_^
  • I always think fonts show the hardwork of the Qbee.

Yeah thats what I was leaning at.
  • I agree, I remember I would grind for hours in the hope of getting any font really, and now that I can just easily pick one out, makes me kinda lose motivation of leveling up.