Beta Bug Report

No Thread to report bugs so I guess use this
some bugs I have
1. I randomly crashed when I opened Perks menu and was walking (tried to recreate, but nothing happened)
2. Perks Menu shows I have perks I don't and that I have 4 extra points

Comments

• SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Perks menu won't be entirely correct until the server is also updated at actual update time. Until then it's non functional.. though it shouldn't crash.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    I pinned this discussion so if there's any other comments they can go here as well.
  • Maybe when the update rolls out, everyone's old perks get turned into points and they have to rebuy them?
    That is the plan yes.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    This update is insane
  • Well i have some bugs i guess for report.
    I had reached level 60 without super experience perks. So I have 1 more right to choose a perk. When i try to pick a perk i cant see the fishing perks, only super exp perks and extra cubits. Also my smith perk is the maximum. I have the all of smith perks but i cant see their in new perk section. Its saying i dont have them. Another one the super exp perks are have 3 levels but in the new perk section its saying have just 2 levels. I didnt choose any super exp perk but new perk section saying i choosed. I didnt get fishing perk level 2 but new perk section saying i have fishing level 2
  • MEEPYZMEEPYZ Member
    edited February 2021
    For some reason, there are 2 Super XP perks for level 2 of it, also could we possibly have perks describe what form they are, so people don't think they are duplicate perks
    Ex.

p.s.
    what would reset do if I used it (When it becomes functional)
  • HONEY BOMBHONEY BOMB Member
    edited January 2023
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    If you're wanting bugs,

Whenever I open the "Search Realm" in the overworld, my game freezes. It only happens on Steam, doesn't happen on the Web version. I have tried beta, non-beta version and reinstalling the game fully. I asked Mabz's yesterday for help, he hasn't replied yet so thought I'd mention it here :)
    Perk grid won't work correctly until server is updated.
    MEEPYZ said:

For some reason, there are 2 Super XP perks for level 2 of it

Yeah level 2 is there twice by mistake. That's a bug.
    Reset will let you pay cubits to reset all your perks to nothing and choose new ones.

• Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    Am I the only one lagging badly ever since this update?
  • MEEPYZ said:

For some reason, there are 2 Super XP perks for level 2 of it

Reset will let you pay cubits to reset all your perks to nothing and choose new ones.
    How many cubits do you think, or is it undecided?
  • I think its will work good after update but still wanted to show. When you wrote /perks still you can see mad hatter but you cant see the fishing perk.

Also i want ask 2 questions.
    1-When the update will out we will cant see our perks from profile section ?
    2-I hope you fixed the attractor and miner perks working together properly ? Im asking this coz you worked about perks maybe you fixed it too.
  • MEEPYZMEEPYZ Member
    edited February 2021
    If you have the Perk Menu opened, then you press ESC and quit. When you try to relog, CC crashes
    also something trivial, but the font for the new perks button isn't the same as all the other ones

• If you leave Realm through a door with perk menu open, CC crashes
  • SirKew, is there a way to access the beta server from a web browser? I'm on a mac and Cubic Castles is only available for Steam on Windows OS. Also, have you considered giving out fall hunting realm stamps to those who participate / or reach a certain amount of fish?
  • I updated the beta 5 minutes ago, but when I try to open the game the game shuts down every time
  • SPY C. said:

I updated the beta 5 minutes ago, but when I try to open the game the game shuts down every time

I have same problem and when I try to verify game files I get "1 file failed to validate and we will be reacquired"
    + U can use browser version until they fix it : https://castles.cc/

• Narox said:

SPY C. said:

I updated the beta 5 minutes ago, but when I try to open the game the game shuts down every time

I have same problem and when I try to verify game files I get "1 file failed to validate and we will be reacquired"
    + U can use browser version until they fix it : https://castles.cc/

Same here
  • GalaGala Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Yep, Cubic castles doesn't launch on beta version-steam, Remove the beta version to be able to play normally till it got fixed.
    You can switch to non beta branch to just play. I don't know what happened with that last upload. Running from the code is fine. Looking into it.
  • The new shoulder cam rotates in weird ways when walking, idk if thats supposed to happen
    We updated it again... Hopefully the crashing is fixed. We're not sure why it went wrong.

We updated it again... Hopefully the crashing is fixed. We're not sure why it went wrong.

It's working fine for me
  • SPY C.SPY C. Member
    edited February 2021
    Beta is good working for me now but the shoulder cam is not. Its weird when im moving the cam too moving.
  • what is shoulder cam
    Player said:

what is shoulder cam

The camera turns on it’s own as you move your player
    Shoulder cam is a personal preference thing. Definitely won't be for everyone and if you're use to playing the normal way there's not really much point in switching. It's more for new players that prefer that style of camera, or players that just want a different perspective.
  • GrimBike65GrimBike65 Member
    edited February 2021
    Edited: Im using android now(beta vers), it keeps crashing for me. It stucks at disconnecting then crash.

P.S: I don't have internet issues. Retried a few times and still the same.