Farming Question

CubicCubic Member
edited January 2021 in Help Requests
Is there any way to prevent crops falling onto sprinklers when you use a tractor?

Comments

• Can a mod move this to help requests please ty
  • When entering your tractor, disable your Attractor perk. The crops will now go TRHOUGH the sprinklers (so no need to jump over to get the crops).
  • CubicCubic Member
    edited January 2021

When entering your tractor, disable your Attractor perk. The crops will now go TRHOUGH the sprinklers (so no need to jump over to get the crops).

Ok, tysm, attractor is so weird xD
  • Most people plant crops 4 per sprinkler with the sprinkler in the center. This is fine till you try to pick using a tractor and crops float on top of them.

I plant in rows in a 9x99 realm/room but normally 500 crops use 125 small sprinklers. My way I use 249 small sprinklers but I keep attractor perk on and the crops land on the soil NOT on sprinklers.

Then when I replant, I automatically pick op crops so my way is way more efficient even at the added cost of additional sprinklers.

Go see @ Intimate Farm
  • Intimate said:

Most people plant crops 4 per sprinkler with the sprinkler in the center. This is fine till you try to pick using a tractor and crops float on top of them.

I plant in rows in a 9x99 realm/room but normally 500 crops use 125 small sprinklers. My way I use 249 small sprinklers but I keep attractor perk on and the crops land on the soil NOT on sprinklers.

Then when I replant, I automatically pick op crops so my way is way more efficient even at the added cost of additional sprinklers.

Go see @ Intimate Farm

Does this design prevent them from falling on top of on or in the sprinklers completely?
  • Crimzo said:

Intimate said:

Most people plant crops 4 per sprinkler with the sprinkler in the center. This is fine till you try to pick using a tractor and crops float on top of them.

Go see @ Intimate Farm

Does this design prevent them from falling on top of on or in the sprinklers completely?
    Yes but only if you don't drive on sprinklers or even drive too close to them. Crops land behind you on the soil. My way used 1 small sprinkler for 2 crops and on the ends 3 crops per 1 small sprinkler which is 2x as expensive but more efficient to actually farm it.
  • *Joystick**Joystick* Member
    edited January 2021
    Intimate said:

... but more efficient to actually farm it.

More expensive, long realm, have to not drive on sprinklers. Idk how you find it more efficient than just disabling a perk, drive, and collect crops in a 28x28 room.. I'll try checking your farm someday, interesting to see that. :)
  • Intimate said:

... but more efficient to actually farm it.

More expensive, long realm, have to not drive on sprinklers. Idk how you find it more efficient than just disabling a perk, drive, and collect crops in a 28x28 room.. I'll try checking your farm someday, interesting to see that. :)
    It's less efficient cost wise, but more effective time wise because you only have to drive in a few straight lines and you can collect the crops as you place the next load