I had an idea for a new friends chat!

so I was thinking, sometimes a friend accidentally goes into offline mode and you need to tell them, but can't. I was thinking that, instead of spending your cubits on a holla pack, you can use a friends chat, I got the idea from Roblox and you can make your own version of it, just like the message system here!

Comments

• of course, you would have to be friends with the person, and we should also have a player lookup, so if you forget the person's full username, you can search the part you do know and find their account. I hope you guys consider these ideas! :)
  • so I was thinking, sometimes a friend accidentally goes into offline mode and you need to tell them, but can't. I was thinking that, instead of spending your cubits on a holla pack, you can use a friends chat, I got the idea from Roblox and you can make your own version of it, just like the message system here!

Then Minecraft, now Roblox? Eugh...
  • Catomax26 said:

so I was thinking, sometimes a friend accidentally goes into offline mode and you need to tell them, but can't. I was thinking that, instead of spending your cubits on a holla pack, you can use a friends chat, I got the idea from Roblox and you can make your own version of it, just like the message system here!

well, I've always told people that cubic castles is like a Minecraft/Roblox crossover. so it would only fit
  • Catomax26 said:

well, I've always told people that cubic castles is like a Minecraft/Roblox crossover. so it would only fit
    At least is not like Roblox and Among Us, where you can Online Date.
  • Having features that are similar to a different game doesn't make it a ripoff, having a private message system isn't Roblox's unique idea, any game can use it
    +1
  • The way i look at it is that if you need me and im in offline mode then ping me on discord or the forums. But beside my look on it i do like the idea.
  • The way i look at it is that if you need me and im in offline mode then ping me on discord or the forums. But beside my look on it i do like the idea.

the thing is, some people, like my friends, are not allowed to use discord or the forums. this way, anyone- even 13- - can chat.
  • bump, i hope that this idea is implemented into the game
  • Yeah +1, especially when you want to sell something to someone and they forgot to turn off appear offline
  • +1 Coz i am mad at some friends who e offline for all the time( BEING OFFLINE MODE)
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    Clearly no one here has even thought about why some players go into offline mode in the first place.
    Just because you want it doesn't mean they want it.
  • scorto7 said:

Clearly no one here has even thought about why some players go into offline mode in the first place.
    Just because you want it doesn't mean they want it.

well, it's just so that you can also leave a message so that when they aren't playing you don't have to leave a sign in their realm. I have some friends who live in another time zone and it's hard to play together so sometimes I have to leave a message.
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    First, you didn't mention anything about actually being offline. You only spoke about what if they are in offline mode.
    second: there are multiple platforms you can use to contact others. You just have to decide with your friends which platform you use and you will always be able to leave a note to them(even if they are not in the game). Some examples are: Discord, forum, irc,...etc

The way i look at it is that if you need me and im in offline mode then ping me on discord or the forums. But beside my look on it i do like the idea.

the thing is, some people, like my friends, are not allowed to use discord or the forums. this way, anyone- even 13- - can chat.
    Then ask them what they can use.
    Even if they add this function ingame, you will still have a hard time talking to your friends as it does not change the time zone they are in.
    There is also an ingame thing that allows you to talk to each other. It's the mailbox and letters. Please don't say you nor your friends
    can't use that because it is not that expensive and hard to figure out.
  • scorto7 said:

First, you didn't mention anything about actually being offline. You only spoke about what if they are in offline mode.
    second: there are multiple platforms you can use to contact others. You just have to decide with your friends which platform you use and you will always be able to leave a note to them(even if they are not in the game). Some examples are: Discord, forum, irc,...etc

The way i look at it is that if you need me and im in offline mode then ping me on discord or the forums. But beside my look on it i do like the idea.

Even if they add this function ingame, you will still have a hard time talking to your friends as it does not change the time zone they are in.
    There is also an ingame thing that allows you to talk to each other. It's the mailbox and letters. Please don't say you nor your friends
    the thing is, I'm only allowed to use this to chat soo, stop being so rude. although, for others this is true.
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

scorto7 said:

the thing is, I'm only allowed to use this to chat soo, stop being so rude. although, for others this is true.
    I don't think Scorto was being rude, he was only trying to help you find ways to keep in contact with your friends. Maybe you can see if your friends use these forums or start using them. You can dm or group dm through here which might help you message whenever you need to tell them something.
  • +1 Coz i am mad at some friends who e offline for all the time( BEING OFFLINE MODE)

I like it because I don't like people to tp to me while Mining >:!
  • scorto7 said:

I don't think Scorto was being rude, he was only trying to help you find ways to keep in contact with your friends. Maybe you can see if your friends use these forums or start using them. You can dm or group dm through here which might help you message whenever you need to tell them something.
    Well, i never use DM stations. I like to be alone if necessary. Anyway i don't have important friends though.
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Catomax26 said:

scorto7 said:

Well, i never use DM stations. I like to be alone if necessary. Anyway i don't have important friends though.
    I was replying to Jason's message :)
  • scorto7 said:

sorry whim you are right

• BUMP LETS GET THIS TO THE DEVS!
  • I cringe at my younger self XD
  • I cringe at my younger self XD

So do I (I cringe at myself not you lol)

The idea is cool and would be easier to use than mailboxes, but I think mailboxes and mailing should just be improved. The devs should change the look of writing letters (and maybe increase the number of characters allowed). But if the devs would add a private chat I am all for it
  • I HAD TO SHARE: I GOT A NUKE FROM A DEHYDRATED CUBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ok so there's a lot of fighting in this maybe you guys should close this but its a good idea i guess also people like to be alone!!
  • +1