Make paid warps illegal

I think paid warps should be as illegal as they were in 2017 since a ton of them are scams

Comments

• PlayerPlayer Member
    edited December 2020
    accidentally posted this comment
  • True second life / paid minigames used to be sanctionnable. But it all depended on the mods' view (as I was told years ago). NOw, as long as prizes are given and are worth the entry price, that's fine.
  • GalaGala Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited December 2020
    This was already discussed, the answer can be found here: https://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/235912/#Comment_235912

• UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    They never were illegal
  • U said:

They never were illegal

Pretty sure they were?
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Player said:

U said:

They never were illegal

Pretty sure they were?
    I am almost positive they never were. Paid games of skill have always been legal.
  • U said:

Player said:

U said:

They never were illegal

Pretty sure they were?
    I am almost positive they never were. Paid games of skill have always been legal.
    I remember them being illegal, and then like in 2017 or 2018 they were made legal
  • MEEPYZ said:

U said:

Player said:

U said:

They never were illegal

Pretty sure they were?
    I remember them being illegal, and then like in 2017 or 2018 they were made legal
    Differed from mod to mod. But no they weren't.
  • They Should be Illegal Coz It just gives Scammers a New Chance to Skem us
  • GalaGala Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Simple, Don't buy them.. Unless you trust/know the hosters.
  • Graceful ThunderGraceful Thunder Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    What we've gone by is that paid games of chance (paid dice games, paid giveaways) are illegal. But paid games of skill (parkours, bomb games) are allowed with certain guidelines for fairness. In my personal opinion, you should never pay for any of those games, but it's your decision to do that.
  • At least with paid games that require skill, you can have SOME control over the situation. It's just that the majority of the hosts tend to make the skill games with a twist (giving countdowns, accelo rings, no check points, or simply just impossible).
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited December 2020
    It's always risky to pay to play a bomb game, parkour or any other player made paid event. My best advice is to know the owner really well or not play at all. If you choose to play any of them, just buy one or two warps and remember that you are playing at your own risk. This means that if it's a scam or a rigged event, you will not get a refund.
  • if bomb games are skill, why do noobs that have never played a bomb game before sometimes win?
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Player said:

if bomb games are skill, why do noobs that have never played a bomb game before sometimes win?

Because they are scams, that's where the risk comes in.
  • Well i can say i remmeber how i got scammed by these trick.There was a guy Who Did Paid Bgame and last price was Bottomlesss Slyme stamp i needed it I buyed warps But a Guy who was With same Country And kind of his Brother that Owner Gave that guy free 100 warps So he can win everything :_:. Like It was Scam for me coz His Brother had Many warps already :(
  • Bobux