The trick to find Cavern Mines (Based on my experience)

Catomax26Catomax26 Member
edited December 2020 in General Chat
1. They should appear ~20-30% On each Mountain Mine.
2. If you find a suspiciously looking arched Mountain Grass mound like this

G= Grass
D= there is a blank space above that block

(Top View)

[D][G][G][G][D]
[D][G][G][G][D]

It means it should be a Cavern Mine entrance.
3. The caves at first glance, i mean the ones that have Cave Wall blocks on it have even less chance to have one. (Based on Joystick's experience)
4. Always bring 8-15 bombs, they may come in handy if you find some gems (Diamond, Ruby and Emerald).
5. Always Bring Torches or Candles, because those Mines are REALLY dark!
6. Mounds appear more likely on mountains' sides.
7. The Bee Nest Method was fixed years ago, so there's no way to find them like that.
8. Only appear on Mountain Mines, not Mountain Realms.

Comments

• Yep nice!
    Catomax26 said:

3. The caves at first glance, i mean the ones that have Cave Wall blocks on it never have Cavern Mines entrances on them.

Nope, it can happen (experience as well). :P

• Yep nice!

Catomax26 said:

3. The caves at first glance, i mean the ones that have Cave Wall blocks on it never have Cavern Mines entrances on them.

They can? Oh...
  • That's kind of rare when there's already an open cave mine shaped hole in a mountain mine, but there can be a portal in there as well. :P
  • -Slave--Slave- Member
    edited December 2020
    djedo said:

Deusius said:

Any tips or tricks in looking for cave mines?

p.s. does the dying to respawn on the cave mine's doorway still work or was it fixed?

Yes they can be hard to find. Go for mountain mine and try looking for this mountain grass pattern to find it.

cave mine1

cave mine2

Dig around and find entrance.

• -Slave- said:

djedo said:

Deusius said:

Any tips or tricks in looking for cave mines?

p.s. does the dying to respawn on the cave mine's doorway still work or was it fixed?

Yes they can be hard to find. Go for mountain mine and try looking for this mountain grass pattern to find it.

cave mine1

cave mine2

Dig around and find entrance.

Wait, he didn't comment on this discussion- ah i know what you did
  • Dev said he would make it easier to find Caverns & Deep Forest but that was two years ago. He did add deep forests but with less mines overall in cc not it is actually harder to find caverns.

My trick to find caverns is to use /skymap and the mouse wheel then pan/tilt camera till I see the mound depicted above in previous post.

Tip: Park your alt in one when you do find one, problem solved.
  • Yep nice!

Catomax26 said:

I have seen cavern door in a cave wall pit several times as well as on the side of a mountain 1/2 way up.