Coloured heckered stairs appear grey when placed

I discovered earlier today that coloured checkered stairs (like orange checkered or yellow checkered) appear fine in the inventory and as icons when dropped, but look like grey stone when actually built. It doesn't seem to depend on who places them or who owns the realm in which they are placed. Please fix! Thanks :)

Comments

• I noticed that too. I think it is because the checkered blocks make a border on the edges, so the border for the left side takes the whole left half and the border for the right side takes the whole right half if the stairs are just one block wide, and you can see the actual colors of the checkers when the stairs are two blocks wide or more.
  • I noticed that too. I think it is because the checkered blocks make a border on the edges, so the border for the left side takes the whole left half and the border for the right side takes the whole right half if the stairs are just one block wide, and you can see the actual colors of the checkers when the stairs are two blocks wide or more.

Indeed. You need 4 connected blocks for the color to appear. This is how checkered blocks work. ^^
    After having those 4 placed, just carry on your building and they should appear the same. Note that they HAVE to be connected, otherwise they will just appear grey (pic 1).

• Ohhhhhh. Ok thanks. I didn't realise there was supposed to be a half-block-length border on them. I suppose the thread can be closed then.
This discussion has been closed.