Fishing - A FULL GUIDE

*Joystick**Joystick* Member
edited February 2021 in Community

Lastest news : V2.0.8 (01/05/21 restart) Santafish and Elffish can't be caught anymore.

Hello fellow Qbees! Fishing is now a feature in Cubic Castles. Questions? Answers! Let me help you out with this activity. ^^
Reading the entire guide will provide the maximum pieces of information we know at the moment.

Fishing - A FULL GUIDE

Where to start?

First, you will need to head over the Cubit Store and buy a Fishing Rod and some Baits!
Better rods and baits reduce the time waiting while fishing.

/!\ Note that you don't NEED baits to fish.

Now that you have both items in your inventory, head over a Fall Hunting realm and place yourself near a water area. Wear the fishing rod and do the following :

1 - Hold your wand button until you hit one of the stripes (orange -> Good // Green -> Perfect).
2 - Your line is set, and the icon appeared above you. Now you shall wait.
3.1 - You caught some junk without doing anything! Unlucky, restart again!
3.2 - An alert appears on the upper right corner of the icon! Hold your wand button and start reeling!
4 - Reel until the end. Beware : if the line gets red, release your wand button until it gets back to normal.
5 - If you manage to reel until the end of the green area, you catch the fish! Congratulations!

Sorry, this might take long to load and won't be beautiful. Turning mp4 to gif is weird. :)

What can I get by fishing?

A bunch of items! Either junk or fish though. Some fish and junks are rarer to catch!
Legend : Common - Uncommon - Rare - Very Rare - Upcoming

What to do with junk/fish?

Depending on what you catch you can either craft a trophy of the fish you've caught or recycle your junk!

TROPHIES
To do so, use 1 gold and 1 fancy flooring alonside the fish you want. You'll obtain a trophy you can place on your wall, fantastic!

RECYCLING JUNK
Get 4 junks of your choice and put them in a crafting table to recycle them! 4 junks will always give you 1 block.

Additionnal pieces of information

1. The rods only reduce the time you wait when fishing. Nothing to do with the chance to catch a fish. Baits also reduce that time.
2. Baits and good/perfect casts increase the chance of catching a fish.
3. The Fall Hunting Grounds are the only places to fish for now.
4. If you do not reel your fish, it might go away.
5. Accordingly, forcing too much on your line while reeling (getting red) will release the fish in the water.
6. Casting too long will fail it.
7. The Summer Fishing Rod item can be used to fish, it has the same property as the Simple Rod.
8. The Seasonal Fishes will only be catchable during certain periods (ie : Santafish around Christmas).

More info? https://forums2.cubiccastles.com/discussion/30298/small-fishing-guide#latest

Comments

• Rip the fish that i want 400+ of is very rare
  • my favs r spud and coobee fish.
  • Updated! Thanks Kewb for letting us know those plastic things are actually a junk! :)
  • what should i don when i get that icon (danger) the star bottom on phone?
  • what should i don when i get that icon (danger) the star bottom on phone?

That is indeed the wand button for mobile users!
  • edited November 2020
    oh thanks👍🏼
    i get that icon 2 times but i dont know what should i make😅😂
  • great guide! love the gifs :D
  • This is so well organised!! Great job dude!
  • Updated! Thanks @Kewbin for the missing ones. :)
  • Do you guys sometimes get nothing?
  • -Slave- said:

Do you guys sometimes get nothing?

You get nothing if :
    - the alert shows up and don't reel
    - you let the fish go by not reeling
    - breaking the line by reeling while the fish try to escape

Otherwise you get junk. :)
  • Does gold rod gives any bonus at all?
    I measured times and there is no much difference from the worst one.
    Anyone with similar experience?
  • In my experience, the gold rod greatly reduces wait time over the standard brown rod.
  • In my experience, the gold rod greatly reduces wait time over the standard brown rod.

I'm curious about the numbers, can you write your times between cast and fish bites?
  • -Slave- said:

In my experience, the gold rod greatly reduces wait time over the standard brown rod.

I'm curious about the numbers, can you write your times between cast and fish bites?
    The better rod the less time you wait. However, the 'timers' are probably random, but still in between some values.

That is pure invention : Let's say the simple rod makes you wait from 2 min to 3 min, and the superior rod from 1 min 30s to 2 min. You can see that both rods can make you wait 2 min, depsidte one being better. We should wait for @SirKewberth for the REAL times. But since it just has been released, and soem things are to be fixed / added, this might not be relevant for the next months (such as the fish rarity).
  • -Slave- said:

In my experience, the gold rod greatly reduces wait time over the standard brown rod.

The better rod the less time you wait. However, the 'timers' are probably random, but still in between some values.

That is pure invention : Let's say the simple rod makes you wait from 2 min to 3 min, and the superior rod from 1 min 30s to 2 min. You can see that both rods can make you wait 2 min, depsidte one being better. We should wait for @SirKewberth for the REAL times. But since it just has been released, and soem things are to be fixed / added, this might not be relevant for the next months (such as the fish rarity).
    The thing is that Ive measured times and that golden was sometimes worse(or no difference at all) than basic rod.
    Also Ive noticed that when you get junk you catch it faster ~2mins

• -Slave- said:

When I used the brown rod, it usually took pretty much exactly four minutes each time. The golden rod took less that two minutes each time.
  • -Slave- said:

When I used the brown rod, it usually took pretty much exactly four minutes each time. The golden rod took less that two minutes each time.
    Than two gold rodes I used are broken
  • -Slave- said:

-Slave- said:

Than two gold rodes I used are broken
    How do they break?
  • Idk how but they gave more than 3 minutes per cast
  • Updated, missed an info given by SirKewberth here.

Again, I assume the waiting time is randomly generated alongside some info such as the type, if you have a bait, and your cast.
  • This is a well constructed guide to capture my family and turn them to a wall deco ;-;

Jokes aside, nice work!
  • I am so happy that I found an Old Boot but I feel bad for the person who lost it. Not bad enough to give it back to them tho.
  • Sorry for the late buddies! Fully updated upon the new fishes / blocks and information given by SirKewberth.
    Also did a more organized picture for the fish's rarity.

Side notes - All those things will be done for the next fishing update :
    - Rarity percentages will appear in the rarities legend.
    - A new (& I hope better looking) gif for the 'how to fish' section will be added, replacing this odd one.
  • i need to fish in my overworld some more now lol, I can make a Wall-E theme now with those can blocks!!! If anyone sells cans/can blocks, pls tell me how many and what price. Thanks for this, Joystick! Also, I'm really happy to see that the seasonal fishes for christmas are just rare, not superrare, but in lal my time of catching fishes I have never caught a single rare fish :(.
  • the new animation that comes when u cast your ur rod is good even though it scared me the first time i saw it xD i thought the qbee was going to teleport or something
  • Intimate said:

I am so happy that I found an Old Boot but I feel bad for the person who lost it. Not bad enough to give it back to them tho.

ahhaahahahhahahah
  • Xx_Sunny_xXXx_Sunny_xX Member
    edited February 2021
    Whats a Fewbeefish AND Mewbeefish, is it a new fish?
  • Whats a Fewbeefish is it a new fish?

Yes it is a new common fish.
  • The guide will be updated soon enough, I'm waiting for SirKewberth to give me the info and I'll jump into it.