Fishing

What's the percentage between getting trash and getting fish. I've already had a 15 streak of getting trash with the best rod and best bait in the new fall mines.

Comments

• I usually get 1.5 trash per fish.
  • The best rod and best bait only affect the wait time of the cast (and not by much as far as I can tell). You can catch the same fish just as easily with the cheap rod and no bait whatsoever. Trash seems to be 2 out of 3 casts for me sometimes worse.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    15 times trash is weird. You sure you were in a fall hunting realm?
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I have been in the fall hunting realm when I fish and I have caught 2 fish, missed 1 fish and have 28 junk. Seems a bit difficult to get a fish.
  • I exaggerated by 5 but still 10 trash is alot
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Seems maybe the odds need a little tweaking. Seems maybe a bit junk heavy now.
  • Yes please, im trying to get 400 or more gentlemen fish to go with my 100x100 top hat floor since the fish has a top hat XD
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I fished over 50 times with the best rod and best bait and only got trash... pulled out a simple rod and got a fish my first try.
    Probably tweak it that better baits raise fish chance.. which makes sense.
  • Same I fished 4 trash but no fish
  • And Idk am I the only one who keep getting Wailfish, Bigeye and Qbeefish only.. same goes for the junks, I always get Old Can, Old Boot and Seaweed (Even tho there is also 3 additional junks)

P.s. My friend got 30 seaweeds straight..without getting any fish
  • What's the best fish anyone has gotten? Wondering just how low the drop rate is for Rare Fish? --- Been fishin for a few hours now... I have 18 wailfish, 4 bigeye, 5 qbee , and 1 parrotfish... (24 trash) Which seems like a good ratio until you realize the time per cast. So 1 rare? every few hours. Think parrotfish is rare? - There are still like 3 I haven't caught yet, and this isn't my first round of fishing either.
  • Iv still yet to see a gentleman fish in game
  • U said:

I fished over 50 times with the best rod and best bait and only got trash... pulled out a simple rod and got a fish my first try.

I can relate with this one, i started fishing with the simple rod when fishing came out and i kept getting fish when everyone around me was complaining about getting a lot of trash, i thought i was lucky, but then i decided to get the best rod maybe make fishing less time consuming i thought but little did i know that it was the worst decision, because it kept giving me trash which is why i’m back to my simple rod now.
  • edited November 2020
    SirKew maybe for winter could we go ice fishing? IDK how it would work but it would be cool.
    Also, it would be great if we could chose which type of bait we're using, instead of it automatically using the most expensive one.
  • If you have multiple baits it would be best to have the one in your hot bar consumed first
  • If you have multiple baits it would be best to have the one in your hot bar consumed first

I agree with the part about the bait in your hot bar and I have got every fish except Toothfish so it is possible to catch them :)
  • @SirKewberth I have a question

Is there a Best Overworld event next year? (Ik it's not related to this post but I don't want to open another discussion so..)
    No hard plan for it right now, but it seems like the kind of thing space_fetus might do if you ask him about it.