Small update?

woherelwoherel Member
edited October 2020 in General Chat
Whenever you enter a new realm/overworld, it now shows the name and owner for 3 seconds, and then you can press the "x" on the realm name.
Cool!

(or this was already implemented and I just never noticed it, which is pretty unlikely)

Edit: I just realized that now when entering my realm I'll slide on ice into a room because I can't jump off like before.
Not cool anymore, I have a whole bunch of stuff in my main realm that I can't access now

Comments

• I dont like this too much, its fine, but this game used to be awesomely ad-free and now theres ads which isnt so great but its ok because sometimes i want to go back to a realm but i dont know the name of the realm but it would be nice if you could x it out right away.
  • GalaGala Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    You get ads because you play it through the site, I recommend you to download the game instead, if you don't want ads or the new realm-name feature.
  • Galantis said:

You get ads because you play it through the site, I recommend you to download the game instead, if you don't want ads or the new realm-name feature.

Thanks for the advice, I'll just go on the app later and move the portal.
    (I'm fine with ads and the new feature)
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Note that ads are disabled for patrons.. we're still working on the details of that and tweaking the interface etc... It may change how it works. I believe right now they're just off if you have any patron status. In the future they may turn off for a month or more. Realm name will change in the apps too, but we'll enable controls so you're not stuck for those special case realms where it matters. The realm title changes are also to do with realm sharing.
  • Death messages seem unnecessary and can I wish there was a setting to have the old banner type thing for patreons
  • MEEPYZ said:

can I wish there was a setting to have the old banner type thing for patreons

^

I dont like this too much, its fine, but this game used to be awesomely ad-free and now theres ads which isnt so great but its ok because sometimes i want to go back to a realm but i dont know the name of the realm but it would be nice if you could x it out right away.

I'm sure the ads were put up for a good reason, it takes money to keep a website running.