999x999 realms allow us to test them Kew!

Hi @sirkewberth! Today myself and -Bacon Bits- are asking a favor of you. We want to be able to build a massive structure based off of Anor Londo from Dark Souls 1 and the remastered version. However a realm the size of 99 by 99 simply won’t be big enough, we are asking you the most wonderful qbee to bestow upon us a realm the size likes of which no one has seen before a 999 by 999 realm. If you can in fact provide us with this we can create the build and you can see whether or not realms of this size work well in the game. With the game growing I think this is an awesome opportunity for us to build the greatest thing in all of cubic castles and for you to be able to test out a possibly vital feature of this game. Our sole goal is to create a mad notice to build and to help out with the game. Thank you to anyone who read this, especially you SirKewberth!

Comments

• UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Ponyville is 128x128.. so it’s technically possible to have bigger realms
  • U said:

But that was in beta
  • Yep, that was in beta and literally has beta trees all over lol
    MEEPYZ said:

U said:

But that was in beta
    Beta or not, still possible
  • I'm all for larger realms but a 999x999 realm is going to cost a fortune.
  • This would be cool if I had enough cubits
  • I don't think you realise how big 999x999 is lol
    99,800,100 blocks..
    A 100x100 is only 1 mil blocks. That’s 100x a 100x100.
    Sorry for multiposting.. but I worked it out. A 999x999 realm would cost 225,226c based on the current price multipliers.
  • ThisIsNotSlimThisIsNotSlim Member, Game Moderator
    And it would probably take 5minutes to load if it was default forest XD
  • We are offering to test a 999 by 999 realm and we are asking to have one and basically show off what cubic castles is by recreating Anor Londo we realize how expensive it would be to buy a realm of this size and create a build of this size however we are asking kewberth for the realm and will be buying any and all required blocks. I'm sure there could be a way to get it without costing too much. Maybe it could be around for 100k in the shop for advanced players that are invested into building like me and Bacon. We also know it will take a lot of time but we are determined.
    edited October 2020
    ImNotPro said:

We are offering to test a 999 by 999 realm and we are asking to have one and basically show off what cubic castles is by recreating Anor Londo we realize how expensive it would be to buy a realm of this size and create a build of this size however we are asking kewberth for the realm and will be buying any and all required blocks. I'm sure there could be a way to get it without costing too much. Maybe it could be around for 100k in the shop for advanced players that are invested into building like me and Bacon. We also know it will take a lot of time but we are determined.

You realize.. 1 layer is a million blocks, which is 100k-1mil cubits per layer or even more depending on the blocks. Say you use the entire realm, we are talking 5mil-20mil cubits or more in blocks alone.
  • I'm for bigger realms, but don't you think the size you mentioned is a bit extreme? I'm an enthusiastic builder too but I think 200x200 is a good size for a first improvement. I am worried the most about the people with some older devices entering a built realm like that. Maybe if there's a way to reduce the lag or warn people about it before entering, it could work. But I don't think a lot of people will use a room that big so I'm still a little skeptical.
  • I'm for bigger realms, but don't you think the size you mentioned is a bit extreme? I'm an enthusiastic builder too but I think 200x200 is a good size for a first improvement. I am worried the most about the people with some older devices entering a built realm like that. Maybe if there's a way to reduce the lag or warn people about it before entering, it could work. But I don't think a lot of people will use a room that big so I'm still a little skeptical.

yeah
  • It's a nice idea but a concern for mobile users. They require more time to enter a realm even it just 99 x 99 size, and now it's 200?
    Probably takes more time and might crash the phone if the realm size is too big and the phone is an older version.
    I don't think it is suitable for huge realm for mobile.
    Thanks to you @Joey Tribbiani for the suggestion to warn any player to enter huge size realm.
  • Yeah, I guess that 200 would be more realistic